Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Apple tells Feds to pound sand

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Apple has an image to protect along with protecting their share price and customer share in the marketplace.....If they cave in they will lose marketshare and their stock will suffer even more so than in the past few months....I am against giving the Feds access, the people involved are in hell and there is nothing else to really gain.

I think it's more than just image. The argument as I have heard it, is Apple objects to the government telling them they have to create new software to accomplish something they cannot do right now. In other words, the government is asking them to work for free and against their will to create something new, kind of sounds a bit like slavery . . .

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
They are looking for what's in the phone itself, not the incoming and outgoing data. Unlike androids, you can't just dump an iPhone on cellbrite. Part of the reason I have an iPhone.

What else are they looking for? Contacts? Browser history? Pictures?

chillz

chillz

Dec 29, 2011
I can't believe the government doesn't have a way to access the information. I remember years ago there was a program called cdma workshop where you could get passwords, meids, rewrite the esn's to other phone etc...

Would've thought by now there would still be a similar program in existence.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I can't believe the government doesn't have a way to access the information. I remember years ago there was a program called cdma workshop where you could get passwords, meids, rewrite the esn's to other phone etc...

Of course they do. They have already hacked it. But they cannot release the information without having "permission". Then it would show the Criminals that they are for having illegally acquired the info.

Last edited:
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Of course they do. They have already hacked it. But they cannot release the information without having "permission". Then it would show the Criminals that they are for having illegally acquired the info.

i'm sure the FBI would LOVE to be able to legally access any phone in the country at all times.

**** em in the pussy.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
You will argue about everything, if its Sunny outside, u will argue its partly sunny....

I doubt it will effect their share pricing, the vast majority of users are unaware of this encryption and like the I-pnone for it's features and cultish use. As a share holder I really don't care about political fights, I want my money to make money. Cook is a freak and needs to get the boot. This has the potential to swing either way , much like you and @schultz1.

You're dead wrong on the last part as ''they're in hell and not much to be gained'' . They were in contact with others, his wife especially. Almost CERTAIN there are past comm's and info to glean from the records.
I'm for APPLE giving them all the records and NOT the key.

Side note: THIS IS what we get for allowing these f'n goat humping moslems into Our Country. Every Country on Earth infected with these animal like cockroaches is experiencing this crap. Round 'em all up and send them packing. Moslems played no part building this Country like OsamaObama stated. Exactly the opposite, we fought them from our inception until Our Marines went and laid a ass woopin on them

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013

The issue is that newer apple phones have updated security features. Instead of a 4 digit passcode you have the option of setting a 6 or 9 digit code I believe which exponentially increases the possible combinations for the security code. Then there's the fact that apple requires one to wait 80milliseconds between password attempts which seriously slows down a brute force cracking program. They're not even sure if the phone is set to reset if more than 10 incorrect pass does are tried.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011

I'm pretty sure the iPhone is owned by the government(the county). Which would mean they can do anything they want to it without a warrant.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Cant wait for the Turing Phone to come out, I wonder how well it is compared to the Blackphone.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic