Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Apple tells Feds to pound sand

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Apple has told the feds and a judge to get fukked with a cactus and will not help with unlocking the phone of San Bernardino terrorist Farooq Sayeed (sp). Do you think Apple is doing the right thing? I'm undecided to be honest.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
They should help the feds unlock it... but, at the same time ur trying to tell me the FBI doesn't have some sort of hacker wizard that can unlock that terrorist fuks phone?

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I think they should help the feds in a case like this.

This isnt a case where they are looking for evidence to put someone away but a straight up case of terrorism.

I am a bit surprised they are refusing.

Also, I am a bit surprised they cant extract an image of the phone so they can hack that shit.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Then the Feds have the ability to unlock anybody's phone. In this case Apple should unlock it for them but not tell them how...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
The issue is the passcode and if it will scramble the data if there are too many false attempts. Apple claims that even they can't unlock it and would have to write new software to do it. Supposedly, the reason Apple is dragging their feet here, they claim it's because the new program would potentially allow any phone to be corrupted. Because of course the FBi will leak the program to hackers. They will have to comply eventually.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, Apple is doing the right thing because I value my Liberty and privacy more than my safety.

Apple would have to invent new software, if even possible, to do what the Feds want done.

I think it's foolish to think that the feds only want to get into this one phone. the govt will then use this precedent in court for all other phones, including yours....

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Imo, I think this can set a slippery precedent. Say Apple does it this one time, who's to say the feds don't go and ask Apple again to do it for a person they deem as a "terrorist " or somebody they suspect of potential terrorism? I am all for getting info in situations like these, but I can see it going sideways real quick. My 2 cc's.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Imo, I think this can set a slippery precedent. Say Apple does it this one time, who's to say the feds don't go and ask Apple again to do it for a person they deem as a "terrorist " or somebody they suspect of potential terrorism? I am all for getting info in situations like these, but I can see it going sideways real quick. My 2 cc's.

Agreed. It would only be a matter of time before requests like this became routine and "everybody" who they wanted info on would be labeled a terror suspect.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I count at least three terrorists in this thread alone

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
My 2 centavos.. (for RAIDEN and monsoon)

Apple should download the info , give it to the f u k face feds and not give them the key. Dirty f u k ers will be in every apple users ass. They been pushing Apple for years to put it in the back door in, like HGH likes. I'm surprised the liberal freak didn't cave but then again he may want to spend some time locked up with Bubba in a cell..

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Don't be fooled. Apple, Google, facebook, walmart.

All in bed with the Gov't. They don't want to unlock it. When it reveals more terrorist ties, they wont be able to say the shooting was workplace violence.

This is just a scheme to make you think Apple cares about your privacy and protect the Agenda at hand. Nothing new.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Don't be fooled. Apple, Google, facebook, walmart.

All in bed with the Gov't. They don't want to unlock it. When it reveals more terrorist ties, they wont be able to say the shooting was workplace violence.

This is just a scheme to make you think Apple cares about your privacy and protect the Agenda at hand. Nothing new.

While I think you might be somewhat correct, Apple has done this before. When Google, Yahoo, FB and MS all said they would gladly just hand over info, Apple has told the Feds to eat it, no pun intended. So, they seem to have a lot of consistency on the topic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic