Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Anyone use ammonia caps in training?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Damn, i didnt know this stuff was still geting used that much. I used to use it when i was lifting heavier way back in the day, figured amonia was considered "old school" these days.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
I believe they help contribute to the bloody noses you see in meets. It's better to believe in a less harmful placebo. I scoop up a handful of dogshit and sniff that.
I wonder if there's ever been any studies on whether it helps or not (the ammonia,
not the poop).

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I believe they help contribute to the bloody noses you see in meets. It's better to believe in a less harmful placebo. I scoop up a handful of dogshit and sniff that.
I wonder if there's ever been any studies on whether it helps or not (the ammonia,
not the poop).

Magic white dog turds are probably particularly helpful bro-

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
not the poop).

absolutely and respectfully..... NO.

the nosebleeds are from the insane blood pressure caused by maximal loads, powerlifting gear, and pre meet orals..... It's also a technique thing. When I used to squat with a low bar and bent over I used to get them more, now that the bar is up higher and I squat more upright I don't get them any more.

Most guys on my team use ammonia year round on every lift over 75% and we'll maybe see one bloody nose a year outside of competition.

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
On a side note....anybody still use cheque drops?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Screw ammonia caps, just borrow RR's knee sleeve and give that a whiff before you need to clear your head and lift.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Nice article loftearmen, thanks for sharing. I always use some form of ammonia on bench and meet days.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have started using them for events. I recently went in to the med supply store to purchase some. I walked up and the young guy at the counter brought me out a six pack.I started thinking 6 events at nats what happens if one gets broken or wasted.So I ask for another pack.He seriously looks at me and asks " Oh do you faint often?". Another twenty minutes was spent explaining what ammonia is used for in Lifting.

P

poundpuppy

Sep 25, 2011
RR you could have just said yup and saved 20 of your life to do something fun..:p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic