Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Anyone use ammonia caps in training?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
I was planning to use 1-2 a week, but I dont know how fast "immunity" builds up to them. Anyone use them regularly?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
What would your reasoning be for using them that often? Sincere question I am not bashing you.I use them for Pr's on shit yourself weights only.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
What are ammonia caps?

Slic.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You don't ever really build up much of a tolerance to them...... my team usually pops 2 in a small pill bottle and everyone uses that for the day of training.... hotter than a cap in the open air, cost effective, and you don't have 30 pink pieces of garbage to pick up later.

If I'm having trouble waking up before a bigger lift I'll use ammonia, also for big deadlifts. I don't like them for squats or benches because I like to think through both of those, there's a lot of technique to using multi-ply gear so I , personally, don't like getting that fired up. Sometimes in training, rarely in a meet.... but almost always for the deadlift.

Slic: they are smelling salt caplets that you are supposed to pop under a persons nose if the pass out.... lots of athletes use them to clear their head before a big lift or whatever..... that and it'll get you fired up. Watch NFL guys on the sidelines right before they go in, you'll see them there.

H

hardcore210

Jun 28, 2011
House of Pain sells a bottle of ammonia, called Nose Tork. It'll last quite a while, but it'll blow your head off if you're not careful! Haha!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lo! yes when they say wave under nose they do not mean stick under nose and sniff!

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
i just saw a recent study making the case that they dont actually do anything physiologically... More of a placebo or "psyching up" effect...

R

ragamuffin

Sep 10, 2010
Always used them in PL meets a few years back. Seemed to clear your mind, fire you up. You could tell the old hippies cause after they snorted the ammonia they would hold their breath...lol

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ammonia is as important to a lift as chalk is.Chalk is magic in my book. I agree that it clears the head and allows pure focus on a lift.It also pisses me off.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Ammonia is as important to a lift as chalk is.Chalk is magic in my book. I agree that it clears the head and allows pure focus on a lift.It also pisses me off.
And getting pissed off is important for any big lift IMO.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol Big lifts dont go up if your head is off in Mamby Pamby land,

Last edited by a moderator:
M

moya

Sep 1, 2011
i believe there is also a resperitory system stimulatory effect as well... i pretty much save them for competition myself, and i use them on all my lifts...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic