Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Anyone else get shoulder clicking?

superman4hire

superman4hire

May 23, 2013
Yep, Deca's progestin stimulating anti-inflammatory properties might also help.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Would also like to know what is prehab work, last couple of months I've been getting a little pain and a lot of clicking in my knees (starting to sound like castanets.....every time I walk down the street I get people doing the flamenco!).

For shoulders you wanna do some internal and external rotation exercises with a band, cables or dbs. For knees I'm not sure and would hope someone chimes in.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
A clicking, popping, snapping or crackling noise or sensation are OFTEN early signs of joint instability (in addition to several other maladies) UNLEES it is noted in the postoperative patient or occurs in a single plane of motion AND is of limited duration.

jim

S

snadykins

Jul 8, 2014
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I noticed a clicking in my left shoulder yesterday while doing lateral shoulder raises. I have read through the comments on this thread and the stretches on BI's log. I have never had an injury to my shoulder, nor have I had surgery. I am interested in dr Jim's post about joint instability. Where could I find more info on this, and is it something that can be corrected? Thanks!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Very common. Could be weakness in rotator cuff or scapular instability. Could also be tightness in the rotator cuff. All are viable and common problems, that you can check out. Could also be damage in the glenohumeral complex, but I'd check the other options first if I were you.

Strength of subscapularis, teres minor and infraspinatus, supraspinatus (RC)

Strength of serratus anterior and lower trapz

Mobility internal and external rotation of the shoulder

Scapular articulation(does the scapula move correctly according to the state of the humerus

Last edited:
S

snadykins

Jul 8, 2014
Is this something that a physiotherapist could diagnose, or would that fall to a regular medical doctor? Thanks!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Very common. Could be weakness in rotator cuff or scapular instability. Could also be tightness in the rotator cuff. All are viable and common problems, that you can check out. Could also be damage in the glenohumeral complex, but I'd check the other options first if I were you.

Strength of subscapularis, teres minor and infraspinatus, supraspinatus (RC)

Strength of serratus anterior and lower trapz

Mobility internal and external rotation of the shoulder

Scapular articulation(does the scapula move correctly according to the state of the humerus

Damn this person knows their shit! Second post I've read both awesome ! Hey i missed the intro welcome lol

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I don't know how to pronounce kjetil1234 lol but some well written well thought out posts , introduce yourself on intro thread you have much to offer I can see

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I don't know how to pronounce kjetil1234 lol but some well written well thought out posts , introduce yourself on intro thread you have much to offer I can see

Thanks again my friend! I'll do that :)

J

Jeffbcause

Apr 25, 2015
I spoke to a doc about this a week ago and he assured me it is completliy normal. The shoulder being suck a complex area has a lot of crap to get around especially if you're jack. I think he said it's one of the tendoin that pops or clicks out of the way when you go from a neutral position to an overhead or rotational position.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic