Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anyone else get shoulder clicking?

N

Nate2010

Sep 15, 2010
My left shoulder clicks its only a tiny one, no pain or anything but it can't be a good thing it will only get worse anyone got something similar? The shoulder clicking used to happen only in side laterals and dumbell chest press but now its sometimes just when I rotate my arm.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Mine does when I do shoulder press without warming up with rotation movements. Seems to go away after a bit of warm up though. The problem, as I understand it, is you have a minor cartilage tear, or are slightly coming free of the socket. So not a good thing, but not one that I think there is much to do for. I do a great deal of warm up for shoulders before any movement that uses them.

Last edited:
DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Mine pops, never heard of it referred to as clicking but I'm sure it's the same thing. Usually on the first exercise it happens.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
My left shoulder clicks its only a tiny one, no pain or anything but it can't be a good thing it will only get worse anyone got something similar? It used to happen only in side laterals and dumbell chest press but now its sometimes just when I rotate my arm.

Yep I have the same issue bro. Even when I hold my shoulder and rotate my arm I can feel the clicking. Its not super bad but def noticeable. I think its something I have had for years. So far its been ok and im not really concerned

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Do you sleep on that shoulder? Stop if you do.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Mine clicks, grinds, pops, etc. I've had shoulder injuries though. If you're not doing shoulder prehab work you should be. You should also do knee prehab work to. Better to strengthen the area than suffer a severe injury.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Do you sleep on that shoulder? Stop if you do.

I move around so much in my sleep you wud think i dance. My sheet is always off half the mattress when i wake up lol

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Mine clicks, grinds, pops, etc. I've had shoulder injuries though. If you're not doing shoulder prehab work you should be. You should also do knee prehab work to. Better to strengthen the area than suffer a severe injury.

same here BI, and great advice ta boot bro!

V

vdm

Apr 23, 2012
I had the grinding clicking popping noise also, torn labrum, loose ligaments, inflamated tendons, 2 bankart repairs, currently in rehab 6 months post OP. Doc told me the noises you hear are the ligaments that are to loose and your schoulder is grinding away the cartilage. After the surgery the grinding noise stopped. Doc was right.

Last edited:
USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
mine pops all the time due to 3 shoulder surgeries due to a torn laybrum.. just all the scar tissue

cappicard

cappicard

Dec 18, 2011
One or both my shoulders do that, but I'm also double-jointed in my right one.

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
copy&paste:

What did the guy with leprosy say while masterbating?
I might be able to pull this off!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic