Latest Member
Dragon_Kitty
What's New?

Anyone else get shoulder clicking?

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
Clicking is not necessarily indicative of injury.

That being said, EVERYONE should be prehabbing and stretching before workouts. Evil 8s, dislocations, tea-cups and scapular wall-slides have all but eliminated my shoulder pain and immobility.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
same here BI, and great advice ta boot bro!

Yeah, if more people would spend just 5min a day doing prehab work they wouldn't have a lot of the shoulder issues they're dealing with.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
What is prehab work exactly?

Slic.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
The right side of my jaw...the hinge clicks and aches and has since 2008. I got smashed just off center on the left side of my chin by a 315lb surena by the name of "Semi". Lured me into his cell after a dispute on what the woods and surenas would watch.
He just got sentenced to 15yrs fed time on a weed ring and still had to deal with a home invasion charge out of Atlanta. I would've kept my mouth shut had known all the particulars.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I have shoulder clicking, but its due to calcific tendonitis.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Clicking is not necessarily indicative of injury.

That being said, EVERYONE should be prehabbing and stretching before workouts. Evil 8s, dislocations, tea-cups and scapular wall-slides have all but eliminated my shoulder pain and immobility.

Yep! I'm working thru some physical therapy and chiropractic / massage to rebalance my upper body - I have sort of a torqued body from left to right where my left side is tight, right side is loose. The key word is MOBILITY when it comes to your whole body, If there's any one part that tends to be tight, eventually everything around it gets thrown off and its really very simply a symptom of some push/pull imbalance somewhere. Personally (according to my chiro), my pecs are dominant and tend to pull my shoulders forward as well. This stuff is something that doesn't really become apparent until you've passed into that point of life when your body doesn't recover as quickly and these things can be muscled thru w/o being that obvious.

I would definitely look int the above list of stuff and just make it part of your upper body warmup. Another thing that has been brought into my rehab right now is thoracic mobility, which I would also suggest to look at to incorporate into your warmups.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I have shoulder clicking, but its due to calcific tendonitis.
That would suck, I know that can be pretty painful for a lot of people. Have you ever tried limiting your dairy intake to see if that helped at all?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Bro my shoulder snaps and pops like ****ing popcorn in the microwave. For me it is what it is. I know a guy that had both cuffs repaired and now me has issues again. I just deal with it ...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
That would suck, I know that can be pretty painful for a lot of people. Have you ever tried limiting your dairy intake to see if that helped at all?

Yes, for a couple of weeks now I've been watching my calcium consumption. There was a lot I cut out for example, lately I've been avoiding:
Orange juice with added calcium
Multivitamins with high calcium
Caffeine with added calcium (Prolab)

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Mine clicks, grinds, pops, etc. I've had shoulder injuries though. If you're not doing shoulder prehab work you should be. You should also do knee prehab work to. Better to strengthen the area than suffer a severe injury.

What is prehab work exactly?

Slic.

Would also like to know what is prehab work, last couple of months I've been getting a little pain and a lot of clicking in my knees (starting to sound like castanets.....every time I walk down the street I get people doing the flamenco!).

superman4hire

superman4hire

May 23, 2013
Mine does this too when there is slight inflammation... not sure if its bone, cartilage, ligaments, what? A couple day of anti inflammatories seem to help. Also, I read a while back that's usually not a big deal, i.e., causing any additional damage to the shoulder

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
since ive been using deca all my shoulder clicks are gone for the moment

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic