Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Any Suggestions for Squat Shoes

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
Searched it but the majority of the threads were a year + old.

Do any of you have some recommendationsfor squat shoes? I am looking to get a pair asap. The Adipowers seem nice, a friend of mine have some, wasnt sure if there are better options. Money is not really an issue so just name the best you can think of/have experience with.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Adipowers are okay for a close stance squatter, a teammate uses them.

Reebok put out a crossfit shoe that another teammate tried ( we all gave him shit for it ) but it had a good heel cup to stop from rolling over the side of the shoe, less of a heel than the adidas, and was stable.
The guy using them was wide-stance but they would probably be even better close stance.

For me though, I squat wide and geared, but even with a moderate stance raw I still like any of the chuck tailor knock offs. The converse were too narrow in the toe and wide in the heel for me, but the adidas version is heavier fabric and fits better.... at a whopping $24.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
What style squatting do you do?

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
Whatever happened to the good old army combat boots. That was the fashion back in the 70's and 80's. and they worked really well. I tried to copy Arnold once and squat barefoot but that lasted well once.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Whatever happened to the good old army combat boots. That was the fashion back in the 70's and 80's. and they worked really well. I tried to copy Arnold once and squat barefoot but that lasted well once.

Two problems with boots are the high heel making you come forward more.... even most olympic shoes have too much heel, making it hard to sit back for even a moderate stance lifter.
The second problem is also the heel, in that it is so tall it's easy to roll over the sides if you spread the floor hard enough.

I've seen guys get flat soles put on ice skating boots though.... came out lookng just like the SAFE or RDC squat shoes.

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
I use Otomix shoes when doing legs, I been using them for years.

Nov 28, 2012
I've been lifting in chucks for 20+ years.
They are cheap and you can get in any color you want.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic