Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Any good Protein Bars?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good to know! I am out and was planning on picking some up at Wallmart. I know the listed ingredients are different than any other supp I've seen. IE. salmon, beef, chicken, etc etc. Can you be more specific on why the ing. are no go??? Now I have to find a new brand to use. I'm gonna stop at Vitamin shop and see what they have..............
The weights, servings and macros did not match up. Not much of a big deal, as I weigh everything anyways and can do my own calculations. Then a friend of mine who works for a third party testing company explained why companies like Redcon 1 mislabel their products like that. It is so they can stay under minimum single dose toxicity levels. For example, they might be allowed 1 mcg of lead or arsenic per 60 grams of a product. They found 1 mcg of the toxin, so they label the product as 60 grams, but it really is only 50 grams. This is why the only third party testing you will ever find from Redcon1 is from their friends.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I hate it when the ingredients list protein concentrate, which is crap! Why don't they list the % of each type ie. isolate?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Is it me or are all the protein bars at stores now becoming plant based?
Plant based sucks.
1. Plant based proteins are harder to digest so you must consume more to get the same amount as whey.
2. Most are not complete proteins and are missing some important aminos for muscle growth.

Whey is king.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
No but I had the worst one every last night, Orgain, made out of prunes, chocolate powder and some sort of plant protein. Plus it was stale if something like that goes stale ever.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Several years ago I was getting combat protein bars. Those were so good. I looks like I’m going to try and make those Kodiak Protein balls and add in extra protein.

also, with plant based, that stuff is very highly processed, it cannot do any good to the body.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Plant based sucks.
1. Plant based proteins are harder to digest so you must consume more to get the same amount as whey.
2. Most are not complete proteins and are missing some important aminos for muscle growth.

Whey is king.
They make me piss out my ass.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
2 with good ingredients that I’d use are:

with carbs - ONE bars

no carbs - Quest bars

hint on quest bars=slightly warm
In microwave. And it’s all gooey and chewy

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I usually dont eat them on the regular.....but 1st Phorm has a really good line. Their PB Pretzel tastes amazing.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
On the flip side, if you want a completely unhealthy protein bar that's about 500 calories, with roughly 450 grams of sugar:oops:, but taste amazing, is Met Rx Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar. Met Rx entire line is utter garbage. Tastes great because it's basically a fucking candy bar, but they throw in 35 grams of protein to make people who don't know any better, think that's it's somewhat healthy.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I know the listed ingredients are different than any other supp I've seen. IE. salmon, beef, chicken, etc etc. ............
That sounds like the listed ingredients on my dogs Blue Buffaloe dog food.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Fitcrunch are delicious and you can order a few flavors directly from Costco, and Costco has a link to Fitcrunch’s website where you can order a bigger variety. Barebells are really good as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic