jacobss
What's New?

Any good Protein Bars?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Have you all found any good options on the market today? A protein bar that isn’t crap and won’t break your jaw? I know, some impossible tasks.

I feel years ago we had a lot of options and the labels weren’t completely garbage either. Now, I’m looking at labels and thinking, maybe, then I squeeze it, and it’s rock hard. And I’m like nope. Does anyone make their own?

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
They maybe to small, but are you looking for delicious?

would love your input .. Smart for life cookies and protein bars. maybe prices are a bit F'ed. but they have bulk deals I think.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
‘Barbells’ brand protein bar is good — specifically the “Creamy Crisp” flavor.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Barebell cookies and cream is delicious. I don't know about how good they actually are for you. I don't have faith in any of those product's claims, but they are like soft nougat with cookie pieces coated in chocolate.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Quest Bars my favorite, some good flavors. At room temp they are chewable. If you are out in the winter hiking, keep them close to your body. A few sec in the microwave will also soften them up.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Quest Bars my favorite, some good flavors. At room temp they are chewable. If you are out in the winter hiking, keep them close to your body. A few sec in the microwave will also soften them up.
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars are freaking delicious. Loaded with fiber too, so they hold you over for a while.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
The only protien snack I can eat without a gag reflex. These actually taste really good. It does require prep. about 15 (no cooking needed)
Can find these in any grocery store in the baking section. I also add 1 extra scoop vanilla whey for extra protein. Doesnt seems to over power the flavor too much.

IMG_20230502_220324.jpg

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Recon 1 , MRE bars. Tastes great and really good ingredients!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I like the kirkland protein bars from costco. They are not loaded with sugar and are sweetened with Erythritol and Stevia instead of splenda or aspartame. They are good IMO with the chocolate peanut butter being my fav. Also they have 14 grams of fiber.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Recon 1 , MRE bars. Tastes great and really good ingredients!
They do taste great, but I don't know about the ingredients. I used to rep for Redcon 1. Their labels are not exactly on the level. I politely called them out on it and was abruptly let go and banned/blocked from all their social media.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@genetic freak its funny you mentioned labels and them not matching up. I was looking at the options for some bars people suggested and they are off.

@sityslicker1 thank you for posting that. I have had a few items from that brand and really like the concept and ingredients. I am going to find them and make some myself. How do you feel about the pancake mix?

Is it me or are all the protein bars at stores now becoming plant based?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
They do taste great, but I don't know about the ingredients. I used to rep for Redcon 1. Their labels are not exactly on the level. I politely called them out on it and was abruptly let go and banned/blocked from all their social media.
Good to know! I am out and was planning on picking some up at Wallmart. I know the listed ingredients are different than any other supp I've seen. IE. salmon, beef, chicken, etc etc. Can you be more specific on why the ing. are no go??? Now I have to find a new brand to use. I'm gonna stop at Vitamin shop and see what they have..............

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic