Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Anxiety/ Panic Attacks

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Mushrooms went about as good for me as that one time I tried a hit of acid.
The first few minutes were all
Good then it got way to intense for me.
Instant panick and feelings of death
Ya acid is on the to do list but haven't found the perfect day for it yet lol

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Mushrooms went about as good for me as that one time I tried a hit of acid.
The first few minutes were all
Good then it got way to intense for me.
Instant panick and feelings of death
I tried acid once. All my friends were tripping and I felt nothing. I took hit after hit around 15 and nothing. Needless to I was bored.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I tried acid once. All my friends were tripping and I felt nothing. I took hit after hit around 15 and nothing. Needless to I was bored.
That's crazy!!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
For those on or trying Kava, specifically the Nature's Answer version, did you have immediate results, or was it more subtle and take a while to "kick in?"

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
For those on or trying Kava, specifically the Nature's Answer version, did you have immediate results, or was it more subtle and take a while to "kick in?"

I mainly asked that trying to get a feel for placebo, but this can't be placebo. I've felt pretty calm all day. Haven't had that sense of dread/impending doom I usually do... the feeling like something is wrong 24/7. But not sure I can do a daytime dose. Took evening dose, and now I am downright sedated. It worked out alright because I was planning on taking a rest day from the gym, but damn. Hopefully it carries into tonight's sleep and there is enough residual effect that it can take me through tomorrow until the next dose which I'm going to make pre-bed. Without all the anxiety and worry, I'm discovering I really don't think much of anything at all. Mindless husk. Also seemed to destroy appetite for dinner after taking dose a few hours earlier.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Nothing seems to even come close to comparing to Xanax in general, and I've experimented with a lot. I have some leftover from my dog's fear of storms and fireworks, and I take 0.5mg maybe once or twice a month max when I've just had enough. It works so very, very well and doesn't leave me too sluggish the following day, either. Could probably get away with 0.25mg really.

Yea, I realize all I did was cheerlead for Xanax... which is totally the opposite of the question. Sorry.

You might have better luck with alternatives. I've tried ashwaghanda and more exotic things in nootropics... either didn't work or had undesired effects (extreme irritability is a big problem with anti-anxiety for me). Mexidol is something you might could try. Many do find it on par with benzo's, and last time I checked, you could still get it on Amazon even.

I can totally empathize with your dilemma Beef.
I was on Xanax daily for a full year.
I hade to take 0.25mg 4x/ed.
But it really saved my life when I was only nineteen and my anxiety started ti cross over into paranoid delusions.
A friend of mine who I trusted very much suffered from debilitating panic attacks and she suggested her doctor for Xanax.
This was way back in 1989 when hardly anyone had even heard of Xanax yet.

As far as finding relief from your anxiety, idk of any magic supplements.
For me, treatment was a daily twelve pack of Natty Light and that just covered up my symptoms.
Honestly, bb’ng and mountain biking have been my go-to stress relievers.
The doctors at the VA had me on countless mood altering meds for a decade and finally I just tapered off of everything.
Something might be triggering your adrenal gland to become overactive, too.
I’ve incorporated meditation into my daily life and even between sets at the gym.
Have you tried listening to calming sounds with headphones like ambient music?
Here’s a pic of my daily on hand meds at a time when the VA was seriously over medicating me.
All of the pills pictured are psychotropic drugs except the reddish brown ones.
Those are for all of the constipation from the other meds.
You can see the Xanax bars in the center.
Took me two years to taper off all of them.
I don’t use any meds anymore because the risks outweighed the benefits for me.
And they killed my sex life too.
Xanax can be a vital component for those who suffer from extreme anxiety but it’s sure got it downsides too.
I also drink herbal teas like green tea and dandelion tea and they seem to help.
I wound t be surprised if it’s something triggering your adrenal gland tho.

Attachments

• EB7B6441-B841-4564-B8F3-44F0E4B0FEEB.jpeg
    EB7B6441-B841-4564-B8F3-44F0E4B0FEEB.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I haven't been through all the pages on this post, but lithium in low doses may be worth a try. Life Extension makes a decent product 1 mg caps.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Ugh, yea this Kava is a no-go for me. Stomach aches, headaches, and now the shits. It could be a bug but highly unlikely. I never get sick and it started with the Kava. Fuck this stuff.

J

JustSumeone

Jan 31, 2018
I am dealing with depression. My girlfriend and I broke up after six years of relationship. We started arguing a lot lately and realized it would not work anymore, so we had to break up. Anyway, I have not been feeling good lately, and I started to visit a therapist, who prescribed me to use CBD.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I am dealing with depression. My girlfriend and I broke up after six years of relationship. We started arguing a lot lately and realized it would not work anymore, so we had to break up. Anyway, I have not been feeling good lately, and I started to visit a therapist, who prescribed me to use CBD.
Time to spend more time with your friends. Exercise your masculinity with other men.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man thc and cbd helps me a lot. I’ve tried tons of medicines and none of them worked, some made it worse. However, recently, I started a new medicine that has been life changing. I didn’t think I’d ever find one. It helps tremendously with anxiety and my ptsd issues. Keeps that hyper vigilance at bay and makes me feel like me again. Do you take any meds at all? Ashwaganda did help some but made me feel tired. Finding the right strain of cannabis with the right terpenes really does wonders for me. [mention]Yano [/mention] might be able to double on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic