Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

alternative to chalk?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
What happens if you grunt on a heavy lift, You get a time out??

Not that bad, lol.

Make the drive to a real gym.

I drive an hour each way, three times a week, and have for the last several years. It's worth it.

I talked with a great lifter at a meet this weekend who ( although she just moved closer to her gym) would drive 8 hours each way EVERY WEEK to go and train with some of the best in the world.

If you want to lift on that level then you need that level of commitment.

If driving 1:15 to and from work along with working 55-60 hour weeks weren't required, this might be possible....unfortunately too many people depend on me. My other gym is cool with chalk down near where I work but it's an hour+ away from home on the weekends. Easier said than done but it's a goal for 2013 to link up with a better gym after talking with POB and moving closer to the city this summer.

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, it's just not practical currently.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
That's not too bad..... it might not be practical for a 5x a week bodybuilding routine, but once a week just to squat and pull heavy with real equipment and a team and that sounds pretty easy. My work and commute are about the same.

There are lots of guys who lift close to home during the week then make the drive just for their heavy days.

But hey, if you aren't looking to take powerlifting that serious then don't feel that you need to. There are lots of guys who just come out to state or local meets once or twice a year just for fun then go back to training at their commercial gyms. There's nothing wrong with that.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
That's not too bad..... it might not be practical for a 5x a week bodybuilding routine, but once a week just to squat and pull heavy with real equipment and a team and that sounds pretty easy. My work and commute are about the same.

There are lots of guys who lift close to home during the week then make the drive just for their heavy days.

But hey, if you aren't looking to take powerlifting that serious then don't feel that you need to. There are lots of guys who just come out to state or local meets once or twice a year just for fun then go back to training at their commercial gyms. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ya, I'm trying to get on a team to meet once or twice/week once I move closer to the city....trust me, I'm picking up what you're putting down 100% brother.

I'm a hybrid PL/BB'r and I mix up my routines from week to week to shock the muscle but I'm approaching some goal numbers real soon (5 plate pull, 4 plate squat 3 plate press).. POB and BrotherIron have shown/taught me a bunch and I've been building off their directives.

Am I a full time PL'r? No....but the addiction is slowly growing as I've been moving bigger weights this past 2 years moreso than ever. I know you move sick weights and I respect that our philosiphies will differ somewhat.

Respect 100% bro.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What the **** ever Uphill... You're hunting for PR's... You're got the iron bug. You're going to compete with me in your first meet this coming October.

It's happening. Try and deny it all you want :D

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
What the **** ever Uphill... You're hunting for PR's... You're got the iron bug. You're going to compete with me in your first meet this coming October.

It's happening. Try and deny it all you want :D

Not afraid....and yes, I love PR's

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic