Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

alternative to chalk?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Liquid chalk is your only option. They have the liquid grip brand down here but it's still not as good as a chalk block but it's better than nothing.

You may want to pull somewhere else when you go for PR's. I know I wouldn't pull somewhere that didn't allow chalk.

I hadn't had any troubles there last time but as I may have mentioned a couple times in the past, I don't have any true PL gyms around me.....I have to go up north near POB and from where I live it's a helluva drive although I'm moving closer in July so hopefully I can change all that around. No mono's, chains etc.

That's a good idea BI...

Always welcome at my "other" gym Uphill... Chalk the hands, powder the legs - and yes BI with J&J brand baby powder ;)

Thanks brother, I think next PR attempt we'll have to grab another session in a couple weeks. I'll hit you up for that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's a good idea BI...

Always welcome at my "other" gym Uphill... Chalk the hands, powder the legs - and yes BI with J&J brand baby powder ;)

SHIT... that's where you need to go Uphill. Take POB up on that offer.

You know I was going to ask you about the powder, lol. To many people think any powder will work and that's just not the case.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
SHIT... that's where you need to go Uphill. Take POB up on that offer.

I went with him once, learned a TON. I didn't want to pester the big fella considering he was so generous to train me for a couple hours before. I tried to be a sponge and a soldier. I'm gonna coordinate another sesh soon, it was very beneficial.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I went with him once, learned a TON. I didn't want to pester the big fella considering he was so generous to train me for a couple hours before. I tried to be a sponge and a soldier. I'm gonna coordinate another sesh soon, it was very beneficial.

Anytime someone who has knowledge extends an offer to train with you, you take it.

I learned a bunch training with Curtis Leslie and Steve Goggins when I trained with them.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Anytime someone who has knowledge extends an offer to train with you, you take it.

I learned a bunch training with Curtis Leslie and Steve Goggins when I trained with them.

IMPRESSIVE!

No doubt about taking him up on it BI, we tried to coordinate a few times but we had some bad weather on the weekends with snow and shit the first time he trained me.

Just confirmed that we're good to go in a couple weeks. I'm pumped!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
IMPRESSIVE!

No doubt about taking him up on it BI, we tried to coordinate a few times but we had some bad weather on the weekends with snow and shit the first time he trained me.

Just confirmed that we're good to go in a couple weeks. I'm pumped!

Awesome. That's good to hear.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Liquid chalk - google it. It's cheap.

I actually want to try a foot spray like tinactin. Seriously. You spray it on and it dries in seconds as a powder. I wonder if that would work.
Liquid chalk is great stuff.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Make the drive to a real gym.

I drive an hour each way, three times a week, and have for the last several years. It's worth it.

I talked with a great lifter at a meet this weekend who ( although she just moved closer to her gym) would drive 8 hours each way EVERY WEEK to go and train with some of the best in the world.

If you want to lift on that level then you need that level of commitment.

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013
I dont know if this helps, but i use gloves and then use rosin that is use for grip on your rope when bull riding. Stuff will stick so good you cant let go...lol...JK, but i do use rosin and gloves.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic