Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

alternative to chalk?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Missed my PR attempt on Deads the other day....no chalk, no straps, just hands and a bar that was sweating (as my hands were). It's in my head more than ever now.

It's the only gym that I have direct access to (for now) until I move residences again in July....I've been previously warned in this gym for chalk use (even though I bring a wet towel and clean everything up better than it was before) so I need something better especially considering these bars are chrome with not a bunch of grip/crosshatched patterns.

Do you guys have any alternatives for chalk? I need something if I try to go for my PR there again.....either that or pay 10-15.00 for a day pass at a random place where I don't know anyone and it's a 15-20 min drive.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Liquid chalk - google it. It's cheap.

I actually want to try a foot spray like tinactin. Seriously. You spray it on and it dries in seconds as a powder. I wonder if that would work.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Liquid chalk - google it. It's cheap.

I actually want to try a foot spray like tinactin. Seriously. You spray it on and it dries in seconds as a powder. I wonder if that would work.

Liquid Chalk is awesome stuff. I swear by it on deadlift days... commercial gym politics keep me from chalking as well. Lame!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'll give it a try....thanks guys.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Try a product called Liquid Grip, it's probably the best product I've used. When it's dry it's a thin layer of chalk on your hands that will last thru most of your workout.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I use the liquid grip brand and love it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
liquid grip is what i use to

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
wow, good stuff fellas and lady ;)...thanks much!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Liquid chalk is your only option. They have the liquid grip brand down here but it's still not as good as a chalk block but it's better than nothing.

You may want to pull somewhere else when you go for PR's. I know I wouldn't pull somewhere that didn't allow chalk.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Liquid chalk is your only option. They have the liquid grip brand down here but it's still not as good as a chalk block but it's better than nothing.

You may want to pull somewhere else when you go for PR's. I know I wouldn't pull somewhere that didn't allow chalk.

That's a good idea BI...

Always welcome at my "other" gym Uphill... Chalk the hands, powder the legs - and yes BI with J&J brand baby powder ;)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Another vote for Liquid Grip.

Not as good as chalk, but it does work.

My gym nags me all the time, and I had some DB manlet say something to me again today. I all but ignored him.

Then by the time I got home from gym my GF got a call from them saying they were trying to reach me.

Coincidence???

Anywho; get the liquid grip.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic