Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Alone or with someone?

hips

hips

Jan 8, 2012
Do you workout alone or with someone? What are your thoughts/opinions/pointers?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i train alone. i like it this way but then i am a loner and my gym time is my me time!

i dont have to hear anyone elses opinion or thoughts or listen to them whine or have to wait for them to do something. the only day i wish i had a training partner is on bench day.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I workout with my gf and it works great for me. I still have good workouts solo, but it's nice to have a partner that will stick with you and not bullshit around about showing up at the gym.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I train with a team. It allows me to feed off their energy and also help motivate/push others when they need it. I personally don't like lifting alone. Not to mention I can get a good spot with the team.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
i train alone. i like it this way but then i am a loner and my gym time is my me time!

i dont have to hear anyone elses opinion or thoughts or listen to them whine or have to wait for them to do something. the only day i wish i had a training partner is on bench day.

thats exactly what i was gonna say lol

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I workout with my gf and it works great for me. I still have good workouts solo, but it's nice to have a partner that will stick with you and not bullshit around about showing up at the gym.

Exactly the same here...

My partner is the OP and my workouts are much more intense with her pushing me!

hips

hips

Jan 8, 2012
You guys rock! I love working out twice a day! I enjoy "my time" and I enjoy working out with my man! I wish I had the time and energy to do that everyday!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I love lifting with a partner, which is usually my wife she's a well trained spotter and when I need it will punch me or slap me to get me where I need to be :D Unfortunately I only get her in the gym on the weekends and occasionally a night workout. So lifting alone can be a sketchy evolution especially when your trying to push your limits and having a dumbass spot can be worse than not having one at all. I have to weigh that shit far too often it's stressful and takes away from your overall work.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I used to train alone, but now lift with coworkers at my gym. My training goes by faster, and it's harder to back out when you have someone waiting for you. Since we're all dieting, we can encourage each other.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I usually train alone, I have a friend who used to be a linebacker, fullback in the NFL for a couple years, hes about the only one who is able to work out with the same capacity as me, actually even more, guy is a haus and fucking strong as shit.
But we only train together here and there its not a regular thing, I like having a training partner but I do it alone more often than not.
I agree that the gym is my 'me' time as well, he and I both pull down our hats, crank our tunes, most of our communication is hand signals and one liners.
We just push each other to go harder.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For those who train alone how are you able to go "balls out" on squats, bench, etc without having a partner there who knows how to spot your properly? I mean I don't trust some random weekend warrior to give me a lift off when I'm benching or get a spot when I'm squatting. Not to mention if you're squatting very heavy, ideally you want more than 1 person spotting you (ideally you want 3, 1 on each side and 1 behind) in case you aren't able to hit the lift.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
For those who train alone how are you able to go "balls out" on squats, bench, etc without having a partner there who knows how to spot your properly? I mean I don't trust some random weekend warrior to give me a lift off when I'm benching or get a spot when I'm squatting. Not to mention if you're squatting very heavy, ideally you want more than 1 person spotting you (ideally you want 3, 1 on each side and 1 behind) in case you aren't able to hit the lift.
I have been at the same gym for 12 years now, theres usually someone in there who I do trust, I usually try to fins the excercises I can do without needing a spotter if possible when Im there on off hours-i.e. dumbells or machines... other than that, man up with a set of nuts and pray like hell you dont bust.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic