BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_5197.jpg

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. ~Abraham Joshua Heschel

when i was young i was full of pride. i figured i knew it all and could do anything and there wasnt anyone who was going to tell me different. i went through my days with my head high and pride overflowing. i didnt care about anyone except for those who seemed like they had it together more than me! i admired people in charge and people who knew what was going on. the draw of power! i shunned those who had little or who knew few things. i couldnt be bothered with the small, i was looking at the big! i wanted more and i was going to do whatever it took to get it regardless of the people that got left behind or ignored! and i was miserable! at the time i would have never admitted it. i was driven! thats what i told myself. driven to achieve, driven to get more. it is ok to run a few people over who get in the way. somewhere along the way things started to change. the biggest change being that i started my own veterinary business. all of a sudden being nice was more important than being right. most people love their animals like their children. they dont like you to bluntly tell them that they have to kill their "child". it was a process that has taken years and one that i am still working at. the years of admiring those at the top are now gone. i strive to be like those who are kind and gentle. as corny as it sounds, i want to be the mother theresa of my area for not only the animals but their owners. to offer kindness over knowledge. to give hope and not tear down dreams. to present even the worst news with softness and understanding and no condemnation. some may see it as being weak, i see it as being strong enough to let others be first!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
emma came into my room last night about 11:30 or so and gave me mercy and said that mercy was whining. so for the next 3 hours it was up every 10-15 mins to put her outside, lay on the bed for a few minutes, let her back in. it is a good thing that i love the dang little dog.

IMG_1731.jpg

dragged my butt out of bed at 4 and did my 200 crunches. it was surprisingly busy at the clinic this morning. we had more surgeries than we had had all week and there were several walk ins. got done just in time to change and go get zac.

treadmill 15 degree incline 4.3 mph 12 min 214 calories

back

i remembered by chucks but i didnt do deads. i figure best to be safe with the hammy and the middle back irritation of late. maybe im getting smarter.

bent over rows
*bar for 20
*95# for 4 sets of 12
done slow with good contraction and hold at the top

lat pulldowns
*100# for 4 sets of 12

admin wanted a beach video but no beaches around here so a gym one will have to suffice :)

straight arm lat pushdowns
*30# for 4 sets of 15
the "trainer" came up to me during a set of these and told me my back was looking ripped. i guess that is a good thing.

lunges
*50 on the way home

the afternoon has been packed full and non stop. getting ready to do an emergency c section on a 7 yo terrier so i have a few minutes to get all this in before i forget.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great workout ATW and the trainer is right your back is looking amazing :D That last pic is rocking!!!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Great workout ATW and the trainer is right your back is looking amazing :D That last pic is rocking!!!

damn it has been a long day. just finished up with an emergency. so glad i am not in charge of thanksgiving dinner until saturday.

thanks halo. working for it, not sure what it is but i hope i find it one day :D

L

Latin_Nuyorker

Oct 22, 2011
u r TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! 1st, I really admire that you are a single mother with 2 kids and is handling that GREAT BIG JOB so diligently but to find time to handle your own goals, well that is an art form called time mgt. I was reading other posts to try to gain a perspective on who or what you are all about but since you have a "TERSE" writing style that makes it hard to gain insight into your personality....guess the signature tells it all, huh -:)..anyway my comment on how awesome you look was in reference to the fact that you have 2 kids and you look better than the younger women that had kids and just let themselves go.

BTW I am concerned about my wife( she is very young and is not aware of handling those issues, or me either) when we do decide to have kids and the ab section of her body. So did you have stretch marks and if yes how did you get rid of them all???

I want to say that you not only "talk the talk but you definitely walk the walk" You look really great and I can see why. Your work ethic as was mentioned in another post is very admirable. You certainly is not only a credit to this board but an inspiration to all. It is hard for men to say that women inspire them because it goes against that "male mantra" but I want to personally say it in an open forum that you are definitely the other "SHERO" of mine since my wife is my 1st and foremost....ACTUALLY WHEN I GROW UP I WANNA B LIKE Y'ALL" BUT W/O DA T&A :)
don't think I can work that as well as you gals can....waaaaay 2 much "LATIN TEST"

you must b a mind reader becoz while I was at work reading your posts I was wondering, "wonder what this chick really looks like" since it is really hard to see your avatars. BTW I am not trying to be disrespectful but am just fascinated by you. Can't help that since I grew up amongst all highly educated strong Latin Women that I greatly admired when I was a wee lad.

Well lastly, please keep doing what you do and posting as you do since the world really needs inspirational motivators like yourself. one last comment, your kids are truly blessed to have a mother like yourself that is so profoundly well centered and deeply involved in her priorities that they will not have to be lost in this "Brave New World" that others like themselves experience due to the current lack of role models . of course after all these really revealing pics in this post I will probably wear it out only going to it and drooling -:)....JUST KIDDING!!!!! WAY TO GO GURL

Last edited:
L

Latin_Nuyorker

Oct 22, 2011
I too have some connection to failure since my entire younger life was just that. What I did learn though was that there was a difference between a "learning experience" and a failure. A failure is when you repetitively do the same wrong thing but it is only when you learn from it and sop that perpetuation that it is a learning experience that will make you a better person...so it is not all bad to have tried and failed but to have never tried, then that is a dissappointment that will follow you to the grave

Last edited:
Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. ~Abraham Joshua Heschel

i see it as being strong enough to let others be first!

I love this quote AllTW and yes, it takes great inner strength to consciously and consistently choose kindness. Anyone can gain knowledge by studying, wealth through hard work and developed talent but fewer people, it seems, value cultivating the self-discipline to conquer the selfish soul in favor of a higher level of love towards others. That seems to me the higher goal.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
u r TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! 1st, I really admire that you are a single mother with 2 kids and is handling that GREAT BIG JOB so diligently but to find time to handle your own goals, well that is an art form called time mgt. I was reading other posts to try to gain a perspective on who or what you are all about but since you have a "TERSE" writing style that makes it hard to gain insight into your personality....guess the signature tells it all, huh -:)..anyway my comment on how awesome you look was in reference to the fact that you have 2 kids and you look better than the younger women that had kids and just let themselves go.
:eek: thanks for the kind words LNY. i love my work, it is not a job at all but more of a joy!

LOL at the terse writing style. :D i am pretty blunt and bland even in person. i get it from my dad. he was a high school math and science teacher and he could put you to sleep in no time with his monotone teaching. i have softened much and do better but it is something that i have to work at.

BTW I am concerned about my wife( she is very young and is not aware of handling those issues, or me either) when we do decide to have kids and the ab section of her body. So did you have stretch marks and if yes how did you get rid of them all???

i am lucky as i am a decent height and a big frame and i had worked my abs with crunches for years before having kids. when i was pregnant i got fat all over! i went from 148# to 215# but my belly did not stretch out all that much. i lubed it up several times a day with lotion. i also think that the fact that i worked the entire way through both of my pregnancies doing large animal medicine (which is physically demanding) also helped keep the abs a bit tight. i was still preg checking cows up until the week before i had my daughter and two weeks before i had my son (at 9 months i got kicked in the belly by a cow i was preg checking and figured it was time to stop after spending the night in the hospital hooked up to monitors). i never got any stretch marks and i am very thankful for that.

i think if one stays active and uses lots of lotion then they have a better chance. how tall is she?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I love this quote AllTW and yes, it takes great inner strength to consciously and consistently choose kindness. Anyone can gain knowledge by studying, wealth through hard work and developed talent but fewer people, it seems, value cultivating the self-discipline to conquer the selfish soul in favor of a higher level of love towards others. That seems to me the higher goal.

great words humminbird! i couldnt agree with you more!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it has been a pretty good thanksgiving for me this year. we were invited over to the ex in laws for dinner which meant i didnt have to cook. i did make pies in the morning, 2 pumpkin and 2 chocolate bourbon pecan, yummy. we had a little chihuahua that had been a stray and was due to whelp any day and the owners were leaving town so they brought her in on wednesday to board her just in case she went in to labor. the poor little thing was skin and bones with a huge belly. i took her home with me weds night and put her in a box beside my bed. thursday morning she was wandering around the house and hanging out with the monchers. about 10 am emma said that she was doing something weird. her body was a mass of tiny fasiculations and tremors. i watched her for the next couple of hours and her breathing increased as did the tremors. i finally called jenn and told her we had better get her opened up or we would be doing it during thanksgiving dinner. poor little thing was in labor but so weak that she couldnt really push. she had a puppy lodged in the start of the birth canal.

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

three fat and healthy little chihuahua mutts. i sent them home with jenn since she had her daughters and niece and nephew who were all excited about taking care of them!

ate some great food and was home by 6ish. friday we were only open half a day. i got up at 4 and did my 200 crunches and headed off to the office. there was a car driving up when i was walking over and this woman got out and had a kitten in her hands. she had found it on the side of the road and it had been hit by a car. she was upset and said that she didnt want it to just lay there and die. i thanked her and took the kitten in. it had blood coming from its nose with a few abrasions on its face. when it tried to walk it would fall over and was pretty neurologic. i x rayed it and nothing was broken so we gave the poor thing some sq fluids and some dexamethasone and put it in a kennel with some food and it went right to eating. it is a very cute and incredibly sweet kitten that now needs a good home!

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

the rest of the morning was steady and we only had a few emergencies in the afternoon.

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

my fat ponies wanting fed!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
we had a little gathering on saturday night. i had a full turkey that my office manager had brought me that they had cooked in a pit so i took all the meat off of it and made a huge pot of turkey chili. my first attempt at chili of any kind and it was alright. i need to get better acquainted with the spices used in chili making so i can season it more effectively. although i will say that today it tastes pretty darn good! we ate in the basement and people played pool and darts and poker. it was a pretty good time.

IMG_1821.jpg

boob and mercy upstairs when everybody else was downstairs!

today was church and a nap and a walk. i like days like today!

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

the monchers and a cotton bale.

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

the mountain and the moon!

IMG_1834.jpg

the junior colleges clock tower

IMG_1849.jpg

the sunset!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great pics and stories as usual! Glad your Thanksgiving went well, the monchers are looking awesome as usual. Love the pups and the pic of your little one laying across the big boy too cute!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic