Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Damn that incision on the rottie... YIKES that is gnarly!!!! Poor pitty... Looks like a gorgeous dog, too bad they tazed him, glad to hear he was ok! Great work at the gym, sometimes light is good, sounds like today was a good day to go light!

she was very painful after surgery and the owners called that night because she was crying and couldnt get comfortable. im very glad that i only did the one chain as it would have been significantly more tight and painful if i had removed both chains. generally rotties tend to be a bit obese so they have some extra skin but this girl was pretty thin and there just wasnt enough skin.

the tazed dog did great. he woke up and acted like nothing happened. typical happy go lucky pit!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_5136.jpg

The unexamined life is not worth living

how often do you sit down and think about you life and where you are today? most of us do this in passing all the time. but how often do you sit down and really inspect your life? to examine it and look for places where you have gotten off track? to honestly look at your life and not blame anyone else for where you are but to sit down and figure out all the turns that you took and which ones might have been wrong turns? it is very hard to do. most of my life, i wanted to blame others for where i was. i wanted it to be someone elses fault that i was miserable and unhappy. how stupid i was! we all make mistakes! the only way to stop making the same stupid mistake is to admit that we made it and maybe even more important, why we made it! to sit down and really examine our life is hard work! it is easier to go through ranting about things always being someone elses fault but honestly, people only have as much control over you life as you give them! it still comes down to choices that we make! my mother was molested from the age of 2 until about 8. never ever once did she use that as an excuse for anything! she never blamed anyone, she never let it hold her back from acheiving anything in life! it was a choice that she made! she has been married to my dad for almost 50 years. it hasnt been easy for her but she never let herself come up with an excuse for why she couldnt keep doing it! when she needed to change, she changed. when she needed to bend, she bent. when she needed to stand she stood! but she was able to do all of these things because she examined her life and made changes to the things that needed changed! my mom is the most incredible woman that i know! she loves freely and gives completely! there is nothing in her past that holds her back! i aspire to be more like her! I LOVE YOU MOM!

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
Came in expecting a "normal" log... left with thoughts of animals surviving and seeing the truth of daily activity of a vet that most people couldn't bare to watch. Good stuff.. Most random things happen to animals. Good log too... When do you plan on going for the 350 again?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Came in expecting a "normal" log... left with thoughts of animals surviving and seeing the truth of daily activity of a vet that most people couldn't bare to watch. Good stuff.. Most random things happen to animals. Good log too... When do you plan on going for the 350 again?

thanks for stopping in. i have terrible ADD so i try to keep my log interesting as i know that i have a hard time following a log when there arent any pics. :D plus i like to talk way too much or in this case, ramble, write or whatever too much! :eek:

im not sure when im going to attempt the 350# pull again. i tried giving myself a set date and that failed miserably. so now i am just going to go try it when it feels right :D im hoping that that happens before the end of the year.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
the weekend was pretty quiet. got the monchers rooms put back together so i got my bed back to myself. yeah! only had two emergencies. one of them a little tiny chihuahua that had been in labor for a day and a half. they brought her in saturday about noon and she was almost comatose. the owners stated she had been vomiting for several hours and that they had called the other vet the night before and they had told them that she would be fine. i told them that i doubted the mamma was going to live but we might be able to save the puppies. we got a catheter in her and masked her down and got 3 very healthy puppies out that were screaming and squirming almost immediately. the mammas liver was atleast double in size and completely yellow. i had never seen anything like it in a dog that young. she died in recovery but the puppies were doing great. im not sure why the liver was that way. the owners didnt have any money so doing additional testing was out of the question. im not sure if there was any effect to the pup or not, i guess time will tell.

rolled out of bed at 4 this morning and did 2 sets of 100 crunches. it was cloudy and a bit chilly. on the way taking the monchers to school they started pointing and jumping up and down, a rainbow, a rainbow! there was a beautiful double rainbow literally right there.

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

we were actually pretty slow at the clinic this morning. all our surgeries were cats and most of them were neuters. it was good though because my lead tech had a migraine so i was able to send her home. we had the usual walk ins and things moved a nice smooth pace all morning.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

popeye and olive are doing very well. i am constantly amazed at how well popeye does being pretty much blind. there was a young child that corned him today and he was visibly upset but he never freaked out just hunched down and was very still.

treadmill 15 degree incline 12 mins 4.3 mph 214 calories

chest

db bench
*25# for 20 wu
*50# for 10
*55# for 8
*65# for 5
*70# for 3 (+1 with a spot)
i asked somebody new for a spot today. i got lucky and he did a great job. didnt get in a hurry and gave just enough to get things moving again. it is amazing the confidence boost that knowing there is someone there to help gives me. i got the 70# up easier then the 65#. i have to admit that i was a little bit happy.

flyes
*30# for 3 sets of 12

cable crossovers (handles brought high)
*30# for 4 sets of 10

and i was out of time. i almost drove to the gym because it had been raining off and on but i knew it was really more of an excuse to not have to do lunges on the way home.

walking lunges

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
db bench
*25# for 20 wu
*50# for 10
*55# for 8
*65# for 5
*70# for 3 (+1 with a spot)
i asked somebody new for a spot today. i got lucky and he did a great job. didnt get in a hurry and gave just enough to get things moving again. it is amazing the confidence boost that knowing there is someone there to help gives me. i got the 70# up easier then the 65#. i have to admit that i was a little bit happy.

Be careful with that getting happy stuff... it could create a permanent condition if left unattended! ;)

Nice job :)

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
The aqua blue colors are incredible on you ATW!!!! Your log never ceases to amaze me and keep me inspired!!!! 350!!!!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Be careful with that getting happy stuff... it could create a permanent condition if left unattended! ;)

Nice job :)

indeed i shall be careful, i would hate to be happy every day :))

The aqua blue colors are incredible on you ATW!!!! Your log never ceases to amaze me and keep me inspired!!!! 350!!!!

thank halo!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
interesting case that came in a little bit ago. a 3 year old boxer that has been limping for maybe a week or two. the girls are on something as they are all over the place and the dog belongs to one of their boyfriends or something. the limp is not bad but there is some atrophy of the thigh muscles in the affected leg. the cruciate ligament was fine. some laxity but it was not that much more than the opposite limb. i xrayed the dog but really didnt expect to see anything. but it is a good thing that i did.

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

there is a boney mass on the proximal aspect of the femur right below the attachment of the glutes. we have a fungal infection here in arizona called valley fever or cocciomycosis that affects bone in about 30% of the cases that i see. that is my primary differential. the other potential is osteosarcoma or bone cancer. boxers are in the top 2 of breeds that develop cancer so it always has to be on the list. sending out a valley fever test and should know by friday.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
Sister's dog is finally getting over Valley Fever... She had to take AIDS medication for it I guess.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Sister's dog is finally getting over Valley Fever... She had to take AIDS medication for it I guess.

really? standard medication is fluconazole which is just an antifungal. it is really cheap these days.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_5178.jpg

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~James Openheim

this really struck me this morning. how often we are always searching for happiness in what might be and totally missing the opportunity for it in the moment that we are in! it doesnt seem to matter if it is a job or a relationship or something that we want, we are looking for happiness. but what if we looked around us and decided to choose something right here, right now to be happy about? instead of what we didnt like about a person or a situation, what is it that we do like! how can i be better today?! that is one of the greatest things about pets i think, simple joy and happiness with no ulteriour motives. they love unconditionally! they arent waiting for you to change or for you to do something to make them happy! they are just happy to have you there! what if we decided to just be happy and stop looking for something to make us that way?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic