Rolanalon
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_4508.jpg

“Successful people are successful because they form the habits of doing those things that failures don't like to do.” Albert Gray

to me this is by far the simplest and yet most accurate representation of people who are successful. obtaining a body that one is proud of should be considered a success. if you sit at the airport or mall and people watch, how many on average would you say are in shape and have a body worth being in form fitted clothes?

“Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.” Conrad Hilton

this is a good lesson for me. how many times do we make a mistake and it causes us to give up? i hate screwing up and often times i want to quit when i do. there have been times in my career where i have made a mistake and i would want to quit so bad. the thought of having to face the client and tell them but most of the time, it would turn out better than expected. i make mistakes daily on here but really, why not learn from them and be smarter for the next time!

“Successful people aren't born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don't like to do. The successful people don't always like these things themselves; they just get on and do them.”

to be successful long term, things have to become a habit! anyone can be successful once or for a short period but how many people can truly be successful for a lifetime? how many people are only successful in one aspect of their life and yet fail in every other way? are they then really successful in the big picture? my desire is to be successful in all areas of my life! that includes in my personal relationship, as a mom, as a veterinarian, as a business owner and in the gym!

IMG_4429.jpg

i have been back to working out for exactly two years now. i worked out starting in junior high and continuing through undergrad and vet school. after school i was on and off in the gym for a few years but never consisent and never with results. i would sit with my friends and we would talk about how old we were and how we would never be able to get a body that looked good because we were almost 40 and everyone knows that you cant be in shape after 30! i remember telling my best friend that i would never have the body of a 20 year old so why beat myself up about it. why would i say something that stupid? because i was lazy and didnt want to put the effort into doing it and doing it the right way. it is way easier to make excuses than it is to do the work! and not just the gym work but the diet work as well! for me, that has been the biggest challenge!

Where did i start at-

i started back in the gym after having my ACL replaced with a cadaver graft in june of 2009. i didnt have time to go see a physical therapist so i just started going to the gym and doing menial exercises. after a few months of kind of half heartedly messing around i found a bodybuilding forum and got involved and it got me interested in the lifestyle and here i am, two years later. not where i want to be but a hell of a lot closer than i was when i started.

November 2009-
1Wr8NvWSrdmL7VYSaWqjHs687JHul323p.jpg

1UhGcvWlf13C3RbJw9pnizEzHLn20841.jpg

11.jpg

where i am at and what i want-

well, i want to pull 350# on my deadlift by the end of this month and i want to get 185# on my bench. after that, i want to get rid of the fat on my ass and legs. let me tell you, that will be a life long dream come true! i figure it will take me about another year to achieve that goal but thats ok, i have the time and they have been fat since i was ummmmmmm 10 years old so 30 years of fat takes a bit of time to get rid of!

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Subbed. Of course :)

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Wow what a read. That is awesome atw. Great job and keep pushing. You are a true inspiration too many on this board

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
My two great successes so far-----

IMG_4445.jpg

emma mae, 7 yo very dramatic but very wise
she and i are very opposite in personality and it is a struggle sometimes to relate to her but the love that is there grows more each day! she wants to be a baby doctor when she grows up. which is good because she doesnt like animals. she tolerates them and pretends to like them if she can get attention for it. she is so smart. she started out last year in first grade very behind because of some issues that caused her to be home schooled and i am no teacher. she went from falling far below to excelling in everything by the end of the year! i am so proud of her and i tell her that everyday!

IMG_4441.jpg

zachary hayden, 6 yo cool little superhero
zac and i, we are very close, a bond that only a mom and son can have. he is all about superheros and his favorite is the little known black panther! he does not like school so much. it does amaze me how much they require of them in kindergarten now. he is able to write his name in cursive and is doing better with his numbers. he doesnt know what he wants to do when he grows up but he is pretty sure he is still going to be living with mamma :) i asked him one day if he was going to be 40 and living in the basement to which he looked at me and replied, no, im going to be in my room right here with you! LOLOL there isnt a day that goes by that he doesnt make me laugh.

my children are everything to me. i never wanted children and emma kind of came along unplanned but i am so blessed that God knew better than i did! they make my life exponentially better and everything i do each day is done with them in mind. i gave up my mobile large animal practice to build a clinic so that i could be available to them as being on the road 16 hrs a day was alright when they were babies but they had gotten old enough to need mamma with them more. why have children if you arent going to raise them and teach them and lead by example. they are my biggest success!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
drug my butt out of bed at 4 this morning. got to bed fairly early last night and slept great! did 2 sets of hanging leg raises and got ready for the day!

we didnt have a very busy morning. 3 surgeries and 3 dentals. the tech got a couple of cats mixed up and i ended up declawing one that wasnt supposed to be declawed and not getting that done on the one that was supposed to be done so i have to do that one tomorrow. ugghhh i guess that is better than when we have mistakenly castrated a dog. :eek:

treadmill 15 degree incline 4.3mph 12 min 211 calories

back

pullups bw =172.5#
*bw for 6
*bw for 5
*bw for 5
*bw for 5

single arm db rows
*65# for 10
*70# for 10
*75# for 10
*80# for 10
some guy looked at me and said, thats a lot of weight. i said it is only 75#. he said, thats a lot of weight for the back. to which i replied, i intend to pull 350# on deadlifts by the end of the month so it really isnt that much :D

seated cable rows
*80# for 4 sets of 10

straight arm lat pushdowns
*30# for 3 sets of 12

lunges
*50 walking lunges on the way home

the afternoon has been pretty busy which is good. i can only take one or two slow days before i go a little stir crazy! so very glad that tomorrow is friday!

IMG_4511.jpg

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
great to have you along II.

thanks JB. just trying to do what i should have kept doing 20 years ago! (dang im getting old :) )

Yeah I hear u. I will be 40 in July!!! I stopped for a total of 6 years and started when I was 16. This will be the second time I have 100% dedication.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Super post. And can I add that successful people catch a vision of what they can be. If you don't know anyone to help motivate you to that aspiration, you have to seek those who do. Sometimes that means meeting strangers thru the Web who show you that it's possible. It all begins there...the possibility that you can be, be again what you once were, or be better than ever. You're great inspiration, AllTW and a role model for your children. You're going to encourage them to be their best. Love their names. Q of the Day: "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
lol i didnt know this was the new journal until i saw the workout posted. in! good work on them lats today and your kids sound awesome. love some of those quotes on success too

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Very cool! thanks for posting and great success!
<3

Yeah I hear u. I will be 40 in July!!! I stopped for a total of 6 years and started when I was 16. This will be the second time I have 100% dedication.
i stopped for a total of about 16 yrs! but it is all about the future, right? the past is but a picture on the wall. it only holds us back if we continue to stare into it and never leave!

Super post. And can I add that successful people catch a vision of what they can be. If you don't know anyone to help motivate you to that aspiration, you have to seek those who do. Sometimes that means meeting strangers thru the Web who show you that it's possible. It all begins there...the possibility that you can be, be again what you once were, or be better than ever. You're great inspiration, AllTW and a role model for your children. You're going to encourage them to be their best. Love their names. Q of the Day: "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

i love the quote!! thanks so much for the kind words!

lol i didnt know this was the new journal until i saw the workout posted. in! good work on them lats today and your kids sound awesome. love some of those quotes on success too

LOL thanks for your continued following gorilla!
Awesome read, motivational and I LOVE this picture !!!
thanks msW!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic