Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
nice squat form, I'd somehow find a way to use the squat rack tho. Once u start widdowmakers ur going to need it. and as for the 5 lb intervals. If it's pin loaded just put the pin threw the hole in the weight. and yeah drop the weight on calves. When I started dc I went from 5 plate seated raises down to 2 plate and a 10. keep up the good work too. the pics prove mega progression.

the squat rack makes me so claustrophobic! but im sure you are right as far as the widowmakers are concerned. i keep asking them to move the power rack into the weight room and out of the cardio room where it serves no purpose at all and nobody every uses it!
your guns are starting to look HYOOGE!

Question, why wear the rehbands for bicep curls and not benching?

I wear mind for benching most of the time and for all direct triceps work. I never really wear them for biceps work.

i had them on for bench it is just that i had my shirt on so you cant see them. i left them on for curls because they feel good :)

N

neocon1

Jan 24, 2012
Ha nice. U can do squas in cardio room. Provide motivation for new gym recruits.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah I don't know what's up with squats. not a lot of people do them anymore, at least heavy. I've been in 1/2 dozen gyms in my new area in the last 5 years and there is only one where the squat rack gets used all day long like any other apparatus. Not a lot of people train hard anymore I guess. Do a hard set of squats to failure and it feels like you just ran a quarter mile all out. not a lot of people want to feel taht on a regular basis. Then again that's pretty mental to want to feel that on a regular basis.
the squat rack makes me so claustrophobic! but im sure you are right as far as the widowmakers are concerned. i keep asking them to move the power rack into the weight room and out of the cardio room where it serves no purpose at all and nobody every uses it!

i had them on for bench it is just that i had my shirt on so you cant see them. i left them on for curls because they feel good :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Ha nice. U can do squas in cardio room. Provide motivation for new gym recruits.
there is no bar and no plates in there, just the power rack. random. i asked them about 2 months ago to move it in to the weight room and move some of the stupid ab stuff out but it hasnt happened yet :( there are no new gym recruits in smallville. at that time of morning it is pretty much just senior citizens.
Yeah I don't know what's up with squats. not a lot of people do them anymore, at least heavy. I've been in 1/2 dozen gyms in my new area in the last 5 years and there is only one where the squat rack gets used all day long like any other apparatus. Not a lot of people train hard anymore I guess. Do a hard set of squats to failure and it feels like you just ran a quarter mile all out. not a lot of people want to feel taht on a regular basis. Then again that's pretty mental to want to feel that on a regular basis.
people are afraid to do squats or they are too lazy to do them. i myself didnt do them for a long time and made up tons of "good" excuses to not do them. i think the key is to start low and get ones form down and move up slowly. i think they should be THE foundation of ones leg exercises!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great squats ATW... That guy is over in the corner thinking shit I can't squat that..... then he commences the rip your rotator cuff to pieces behind the head presses.. Those things are just wrong. Wow on the latest picture, you are getting shredded it looks like the pep adjustments have really found their sweet spot and you are looking lean and mean!!! Keep it going I'm in awe every day you keep getting stronger!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Great squats ATW... That guy is over in the corner thinking shit I can't squat that..... then he commences the rip your rotator cuff to pieces behind the head presses.. Those things are just wrong. Wow on the latest picture, you are getting shredded it looks like the pep adjustments have really found their sweet spot and you are looking lean and mean!!! Keep it going I'm in awe every day you keep getting stronger!

thanks halo! i like doing the squats that low, it just feels more natural.

LOL at eddie and his behind the neck presses. he was in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and was in a wheel chair for months and went through some damn hard times learning to walk again. he also shattered his left shoulder and humerus. i respect him for busting his ass to get back in the gym even if his form and his workout are odd. he doesnt know any better and im damn sure not going to tell him because i dont want him talking to me that much :)

i have a theory on the whole getting stronger thing that if i get time this weekend i will make a post about it. several thoughts rolling around in my noggin that i will try to gather while im driving today. we have rabies clinics in greenlee county all damn day today, ugghhhhh but it is for the good of the pets so we do it but it is a total money loss for me. ah well, just means more work later! :)

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
thanks halo! i like doing the squats that low, it just feels more natural.

LOL at eddie and his behind the neck presses. he was in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and was in a wheel chair for months and went through some damn hard times learning to walk again. he also shattered his left shoulder and humerus. i respect him for busting his ass to get back in the gym even if his form and his workout are odd. he doesnt know any better and im damn sure not going to tell him because i dont want him talking to me that much :)

i have a theory on the whole getting stronger thing that if i get time this weekend i will make a post about it. several thoughts rolling around in my noggin that i will try to gather while im driving today. we have rabies clinics in greenlee county all damn day today, ugghhhhh but it is for the good of the pets so we do it but it is a total money loss for me. ah well, just means more work later! :)

That is crazy that he's been injured like that and STILL is able to press behind the neck... you crack me up, you're not going to tell him so you don't have to get into a discussion LOL... Sounds like a tough ass old guy though, gotta give him credit for that. Looking forward to hearing the theory. My biggest thought is that as long as I don't tell myself something is too much I won't know any better. ;)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
That is crazy that he's been injured like that and STILL is able to press behind the neck... you crack me up, you're not going to tell him so you don't have to get into a discussion LOL... Sounds like a tough ass old guy though, gotta give him credit for that. Looking forward to hearing the theory. My biggest thought is that as long as I don't tell myself something is too much I won't know any better. ;)
eddies a good guy, i just dont need to go there.

crazy day yesterday with the rabies clinic and then came back to the clinic with half a dozen people waiting at the front door with emergencies. took a couple of more hours to get them all sorted through. one was a 120# american bulldog that had been attacked by some other dogs. the dog is a vicious bastard. had to rabies pole him to the corner. jenn tried to hold him while i leaned over the wall to give him a shot in the ass but he was too strong and almost ate me. so i had to damn near strangle him so that she could get the shot in him. but we got it in there and i was able to staple his ear back together and make sure there wasnt anything else too wrong. the dog is totally vicious and the owner wont do anything about it. he has little kids around him and im afraid one day the dog is going to attack one of their friends. as big as he is he will kill them. he attacked my kennel boy a month ago while he was trying to feed him. i will be honest and say he is one of the few patients that i am actually afraid of because there is no doubt in my mind if he started, he wouldnt stop!

anyway, just got all the emergencies sent home and now im off to the grocery store for the staples and to get some chips and stuff to make dip with so the monchers can enjoy their first superbowl party. :)

still rockin it girl keep it up

thanks beck.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Great work on the squats and leg curls, ATW. Glad to see you using the Rehband knee sleeves, I'm a big believer. Hope you have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Great work on the squats and leg curls, ATW. Glad to see you using the Rehband knee sleeves, I'm a big believer. Hope you have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

thanks so much MM. i love the rehband sleeves, both knee and elbows! just the warmth and superior stability is wonderful!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
da3c251e.jpg

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein

i was having a conversation with someone the other day and we got to talking about how boring our lives were. i always say that i like it that way, and i do but i think maybe i have the wrong impression of it. i am not, nor have i ever been, someone who liked to be constantly stimulated or needing to do stuff that is "exciting" or "different." i like my life to be the same. that being said, i do have a lot that goes on in my day that is probably more different than other people do. everyday i do different things and see different things in my job that i consider normal. a dog coming in with its leg broken is part of my job. an animal giving birth, is part of my job. an animal with severe lacerations, part of my everyday job. what i look at as the same and call boring would be considered over the top by some. so i guess in reality, my life is far from boring, it is filled with miracles all day, every day! i need to change my mindset! i need to appreciate each individual case as a chance to become a miracle and not the same ol same ol! i need to look at what i do as a chance to make a difference in someones life and not as boring! why? because it will make me try harder to be better! it will make me enjoy each moment more! it will make my life a joy instead of a bore! each one of us is in charge of how we view what we do. if you dont like it, then change it! or change your mindset regarding it! you have as much opportunity to make a difference in the world as the next person, you just have to view it as a miracle and not as the same boring ol thing!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic