Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

A rant about "those" women in the gym..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
When I clicked on this I assumed it was gonna be about the women who go to the gym and do a couple sets of curls with 2.5lb pink dumbbells and then hit all the machines for a couple reps with no weight on em "cause they don't wanna get all bulky."

You have more to be proud of Shan... They can come and go as they please and have all the resources in the world to make their gains in the gym. Even if your physiques or abilities were exactly the same, it took more focus and drive for you to get there... I'd compare it to 2 people running a 200 meter race. They finish at the exact same time, only one of the runners has one leg. Which is more impressive?

what does the one leg thing have to do with anything? :confused:

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Do not ask to ahve your life's load lightened,
But for a courage to endure.

Do not ask for fulfillment in all your life,
But for patience to accept frustration.

Do not ask for perfection in all you do,
But for the wisdom not to repeat mistakes.

And finally, do not ask for more,
Before saying ''Thank You''
for what you have already received.

-Brenda Short

I know the times are tough, but there's always a light at the end of the dark. Hope you pull through this hard times.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
what does the one leg thing have to do with anything? :confused:

The yuppies have the maids and nanny's to take care of the house and family (two legs) and Shan doesn't (one leg)... Jeez was trying to be nice... Tough crowd!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
wow i guess my wife and I are yuppies then since we have a nanny and some one who comes and cleans 3 times a week, guess we shoulldntt have went to college and busted our ass's to get our educations so we didnt have to be broke and scrape through life. I guess i had better quit my job so I can be broke and be a better lifter

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks for the words of encouragement, and for the record Redneck, I busted my ass and went through college AND grad school and can't find a job (geez, I am overqualified for everything...go figure). I don't have a problem with people having what they have...just when I go to the gym I don't want to be reminded of just how much they of everything they do have (it's like they were listing their assets to each other)....I just want to bust my ass and find some peace from the rest of my life. I don't envy them, I prefer a simpler life myself, but somehow it just makes me feel like shit to hear their rendition of a "bad" day....from the convo I was privy to, I would say they have it pretty good.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I hear ya shan.I go and try and focus and not pay attention to others.I feel like a fish out of water in a public gym.We train in a garage .i am grateful for it but I am actually switching training days around so I can train a bit by myself.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
wow i guess my wife and I are yuppies then since we have a nanny and some one who comes and cleans 3 times a week, guess we shoulldntt have went to college and busted our ass's to get our educations so we didnt have to be broke and scrape through life. I guess i had better quit my job so I can be broke and be a better lifter
I dont think it is the people that work hard for what they have and appreciate it, and have a simple happy life. it is the stay at home moms that shuttle their kids off to their nannys,while their maids clean, and shop from their husbands income as a career, and still have everything to complain about that can be a bit obnoxious, especially when youre trying to decompress and destress

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011

Do you go to the gym and bitch about it? I think that's the issue not the fact these ppl have these things but the fact they are the uppity complaining type. I went to uni after serving for 10 years I have my certifications and my own companies and yet sometimes I still struggle. I don't care what ppl have or don't have nor do I judge ppls choices. I also don't take things personal on the internet, this thread sure was not about you, no need to take offense brother.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Do you go to the gym and bitch about it? I think that's the issue not the fact these ppl have these things but the fact they are the uppity complaining type. I went to uni after serving for 10 years I have my certifications and my own companies and yet sometimes I still struggle. I don't care what ppl have or don't have nor do I judge ppls choices. I also don't take things personal on the internet, this thread sure was not about you, no need to take offense brother.
the internet, so difficult to judge tone and meaning. i can see both sides of this and understand it from both.

i am one that has worked very hard for what i have. when my kids were babies i had a nanny and i still have a housekeeper, thank goodness. i think it comes down to just listening to people whine and complain about anything. be it what they have or what they dont have. especially if one has kids, ones ability to have the patience for listening to other people whine is not so good. i know shan has kids and im sure she gets tired of listening to them whine and she likes to go to the gym to escape that. i do the same thing, i go to the gym to get away from the monchers and the clinic and my employees and clients. there is nothing more irritating then listening to people whine and bitch about something that they could change if they wanted. it certainly disrupts ones workout. i have an ipod, several of them and i dont wear them while lifting because i hate the feel of the band on my arm. yeah, i know, weird. but i then have to put up with hearing what others whine and complain about as well as the sometimes extremely stupid things they say. *big sigh* i used to let it ruin my workout, now, most of the time, i just move on and dont listen. no sense letting someone else ruin my time for me. sometimes we just have to bitch and get it out. im sure in the future shan will eliminate the subject and just say that people bitching about things that they have irritated her :)

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I don't know about you, but I go to the gym to relax and as a form of entertainment. Times are tough and with me out of work it is everything I can do to keep us fed these days, and if I didn't have a 2 yr contract at the gym, I would probably have dropped it by now to save money. Anyway...I am doing my fasting cardio when a couple of gals climb on the cross trainers next to me and start talking about how hard they have it, they have missed so much gym time when they were in Vegas and then next week off to Texas....then how they were hiring a maid because she didn't want to break a nail (fake ones) when cleaning one of the 4 bathrooms in the huge house............I really really do not need to be subjected to this pretentious crap when I am trying to de-stress......all it does is make me feel worse and it pretty much ruined my workout. Yes, I got in my time and got a workout, but it lost it's stress relief value....

Just had to vent...

We must live in the same town LOL. I live in a wealthy (I am not however) county in the mid west and the women, have fake nails, fake tits and real big rings. I know many and for them the gym is a must to keep up with the neighbors or remain the model trophy wife. Most look real good, but it's because the nanny is watchin their kids and so the gym, tanning and the the saloon to end a tough day of shopping.

I listen to Pandora on my phone to drown out their sorrows LOL

Hawk

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I dont think it is the people that work hard for what they have and appreciate it, and have a simple happy life. it is the stay at home moms that shuttle their kids off to their nannys,while their maids clean, and shop from their husbands income as a career, and still have everything to complain about that can be a bit obnoxious, especially when youre trying to decompress and destress

Exactly! It's not that making a lot of money is a bad thing.... it's all about values and responsibility.

Gage

Gage

Jul 23, 2011
Headphones are cool but sometime u just need to hear some funny stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic