Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

A rant about "those" women in the gym..

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I think some of the more hardcore folks on this side of the game typically do not appreciate the casual crowd, and the casual crowd does not understand us so they do not appreciate us. I would guess that 90% of the members where I lift would be asked to leave other gyms within the first week. We go in there for serious bidness. We yell, scream, and hit each other before lifts to encourage each other. There has been a film of chalk dust over everything since I got there. We have equipment that other gyms do not have. It is OK to go without your shirt. The music is loud, and if I walk in the front door and you are playing music that sucks, I turn it off and put on music that does not suck and that is appropriate for the bidness at hand, and look you in the eye. Dozens of my bros do the same. These men, many with pro cards, will take their entire evenings to stop and help you if you are willing to listen, but if you want to chat about dumb shit they will ask you to leave them alone. A group of teenagers comes 3 nights a week to train with men with 2200lb totals and learn. They are respectful and becoming like us. There are only a handful of women there and all of them are in love with a BBer or PLer in the gym. They are involved in the men's stuff, do their own stuff, and have lifts similar to a small man and physiques that make you go schwing.

Getting to the point: There have been many a little metro, some little old ladies, and some pretty little things with fake nails come and stay for very little time. They went elsewhere to fit in. At the same time, all of us big hardcore dirty loud folks left somewhere to come here, and we plan not to go change the other gyms in town to what we have. We might all find a place to fit in.

But geeze yea I used to just kinda roll my eyes at those women. I dont know where they are but I've met them a thousand times.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
There are only a handful of women there and all of them are in love with a BBer or PLer in the gym. They are involved in the men's stuff, do their own stuff, and have lifts similar to a small man and physiques that make you go schwing.
I dont even know where to go with this one. Hi I am rotten and like to think I can hold my own with most the men .I would go as far to say I do outlift most small men and may have even worked my way up to med/large man scale. Now you did not offend me .I am being a smart ass . The above said is true and any self respecting woman would get after you for those comments too .

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I dont even know where to go with this one. Hi I am rotten and like to think I can hold my own with most the men .I would go as far to say I do outlift most small men and may have even worked my way up to med/large man scale. Now you did not offend me .I am being a smart ass . The above said is true and any self respecting woman would get after you for those comments too .

Rotten there is no doubt in my mind you are advanced to an exceptional level, and beyond any of the ladies in my gym and maybe half the male organisms. My point is simply that they are here because that's where they fit in. I bet you would too, and unlike the wives and GFs of the competitors, you'd maybe be showing up on wednesdays at 6 for the block work on the bench.

They and I did not fit in at the other places where we were constantly asked what supps we wrere taking and asked to keep it down.

All smiles :)

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I like this thread. Lots of different viewpoints. But I totally understand what Shan is saying too. I hate being poor, and I especially hate when rich people with more money than they know what to do with complain about petty things right in front of me. And I do not believe for a minute that all these rich bitches and bastards are rich because they worked so hard in life. Bullshit. I think if you are rich it is very fucking rude to complain about petty bullshit around someone who must struggle just to feed themself. That type of behavior on the part of the rich has always made us peasants want to take up pitchforks and torches, pillage their castles, and slay the lot of them in a bloody coup.

Miss Q

Miss Q

TID Lady Member
Aug 13, 2011
yea, I was wishing I had something to listen to...I have headphones but no ipod or mp3 or anything........

I can't workout w/out my music for the very reason you mentioned in your 1st post. As soon as your funds allow I would get an ipod shuffle...very inexpensive. If you have a pair of headphones sitting around you could at least plug them into the cardio equipment that have TV's and blast the hell out of the volume!!

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
headphones are great...i dont even plug them in to anything...LOL

Last edited:
DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
This thread is old but I see nothing wrong with venting at the gym. Who cares if two people are complaining about something? I didn't know you were only allowed to vent on forums and not at the gym when you are standing next to your friend. Not everybody goes to the gym to get in a hardcore workout, some people just go to take a stroll on the treadmill and chat. As long as they are not clogging up machines then whatever.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
yea, just right now that is way outta reach....if I have 35 bucks I will buy food...so I have to suffer through the crap at the gym for a while...I may take earplugs...those I have LOL

Do you work?

A

amyscrubs

Dec 5, 2011
I go to the gym for me, I don't pay attention to anyone else. Block it out, find your groove. If the doesn't work I find my iPod to be a blessing.

123seear

Aug 29, 2011
"Abecrombie bullshit" lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my gym is bloody full em arrrrrrrrgggggg!

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

TID Lady Member
May 31, 2012
I would totally send you mine! I have an ipod and rarely use it! Sometimes, I use it when I am doing supersets that involve plyos and don't want my phone (my go to music player) to be bouncing on the clip attached to my pants! lol...They are fairly inexpensive though. What's your budget? I can keep my eye out! Try to at least bring headphones to plug into the cardio equipment if available...otherwise you can resort to "accidentally" pushing them off the elliptical next time you pass by! lol

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Headphones are amazing! I dont train with other women but the men drive me nuts.I am utilizing my headphones more and more.

I sometimes have headphones in with NO music playing. Just blocks out noise, and that's what I want. Last thing I want to hear at the gym are people's lives.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic