Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

A rant about "those" women in the gym..

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I don't know about you, but I go to the gym to relax and as a form of entertainment. Times are tough and with me out of work it is everything I can do to keep us fed these days, and if I didn't have a 2 yr contract at the gym, I would probably have dropped it by now to save money. Anyway...I am doing my fasting cardio when a couple of gals climb on the cross trainers next to me and start talking about how hard they have it, they have missed so much gym time when they were in Vegas and then next week off to Texas....then how they were hiring a maid because she didn't want to break a nail (fake ones) when cleaning one of the 4 bathrooms in the huge house............I really really do not need to be subjected to this pretentious crap when I am trying to de-stress......all it does is make me feel worse and it pretty much ruined my workout. Yes, I got in my time and got a workout, but it lost it's stress relief value....

Just had to vent...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
seems like the more people have, the more they complain and bitch. simple is good.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Headphones are amazing! I dont train with other women but the men drive me nuts.I am utilizing my headphones more and more.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
yea, I was wishing I had something to listen to...I have headphones but no ipod or mp3 or anything........

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
yes, headphones, and LOUD heavy metal....love it! haha

how about those texters?? i love seeing a person on a treadmill trip because they're texting during the workout...haha off subject, but hilarious.

And, it is annoying to hear sob stories about those kinds of things. Simple is great, and simple seems to be where most happy are. :)

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
^^ like others have stated...headphones

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I really wish I could use headphones, would make it much less annoying for me....maybe someday I will get an mp3 player or something.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
They have cheapo ones at walmart.I think mine is 5 years old and I paid 35 bucks.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
yea, just right now that is way outta reach....if I have 35 bucks I will buy food...so I have to suffer through the crap at the gym for a while...I may take earplugs...those I have LOL

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
and the bigger the headphones the better...if you wear the earbuds people may try to talk to you...wear the big DJ ones and no one talks to you because

a) you're jammin too loud
b) you're obvlously crazy listening to that 80s crap

....and it really helps drown out the Abecrombie bullshit around me..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol KF.I have huge headphones(look at the avatar lol) i get shit for them but I cant hear anyone else so I am happy.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
When I clicked on this I assumed it was gonna be about the women who go to the gym and do a couple sets of curls with 2.5lb pink dumbbells and then hit all the machines for a couple reps with no weight on em "cause they don't wanna get all bulky."

You have more to be proud of Shan... They can come and go as they please and have all the resources in the world to make their gains in the gym. Even if your physiques or abilities were exactly the same, it took more focus and drive for you to get there... I'd compare it to 2 people running a 200 meter race. They finish at the exact same time, only one of the runners has one leg. Which is more impressive?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic