What's New?

A little at a time

• Thread starter Eatcleanathlete
  • Start Date
E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Figured I would post a progress pic. My boss always says during meetings "are you going to be a victim or a player"? Are you going to make excuses or make $hit happen? That's the mindset I have began to embrace. Still have a long way to go but I'm committed to making $hit happen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399565295299.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399565295299.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 159
big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Take balls to post pics and I can see your work is paying off. Now get rid of that man sweater and you look even better!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome progress dude!!

Thanks for sharing your journey.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
^^^^^^ lol I know I know. It's kind of like my mullet back in the day it's hard to part with.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
That really is great progress in a short time period.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Lot of progress there. Your making it work whatever your doing so keep it up

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
damn and I'm freakin out over losing 20lbs by October? Nice job.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Thanks everyone. It's been great and I've learned allot so far but I still have a ton to learn. In the first pic i was 197# the second was 167. I started by just watching what I ate and eating only meals I prepared myself. My wife got diagnosed with celiac and a casein intolerance 3 years ago. She doesn't eat out at all so I always had good meals at home it was breakfast and lunch that helped me pack on the fat.

The first 12 weeks was a 3 day a week beginner workout with cardio only another day. I recently started a 4 day a week split that allows me to dedicate more to individual muscle groups.

My nutrition is really clean and by clean I mean no fried foods, no fast food, no candy and so on. I prepare all my meals for the week in advance so I don't have to worry about grabbing a bite to eat somewhere while at work. I would like to be able to pack on more muscle but I don't want the fat that comes with bulking. If anyone has a recommendation for a lean bulk my ears are wide open :)

I've been tracking my calories and macros with my fitness pal. I take in 2700 calories a day with the split being 50% carbs, 25% protein, and 25% fats. I've been told that's probably ok for someone like me who runs 5-10 miles a week but I need to switch it up if I wanna bulk up. Thoughts?

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
If you want to bulk and limit the fat packing ur just going to have to watch your macros boss. Time the fast carbs and big carb meals before and after your workouts. Yeah you will probably have to lower the carbs quite a bit and up the protein considerably. Good luck. Puttin on lean muscle is 10 times harder than losing weight like you did. Cause you are always second guessing yourself. Am I eating enough? Am I eating too much? Is the weight I put on fat or muscle? :confused:

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
If you want to bulk and limit the fat packing ur just going to have to watch your macros boss. Time the fast carbs and big carb meals before and after your workouts. Yeah you will probably have to lower the carbs quite a bit and up the protein considerably. Good luck. Puttin on lean muscle is 10 times harder than losing weight like you did. Cause you are always second guessing yourself. Am I eating enough? Am I eating too much? Is the weight I put on fat or muscle? :confused:

Lol this has already begun. I am constantly second guessing myself about what I eat. My wife gets frustrated saying I'm obsessed but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. She's a long distance runner so she can eat skittles and cookies for a meal and then run 20 miles and it's gone.

I think I will try shifting my macros like you say and run it 10 weeks and see what the results are. Thanks for the response.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic