jacobss
What's New?

2-weeker test prop only

T

The Dutchman

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,

- Steroid virgin into his forties here.
- I'm lifetime drugfree, 6'1", 213 lbs, 11% BF.
- BP: 308 (1RM), DL: 473 (1RM), SQ: 440 (1RM)
- diet always in check

Tried a 2-weeker with prop only at 100 mg EOD (frontload 200 mg) to test the waters. Had good results, BW is up 7 LBS, recovery has improved, but I haven't experienced any strength gains.

Questions:
- Anyone with similar experiences?
- Any possible explanations for the lagging strength?

Last edited:
biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Did you research your cycle or shoot from the hip? At your age I'd be looking long term instead of jacking around with a 2 week circle jerk. Do you not have access to gear?

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
well at 2 weeks you have shut your test production down by using aas. i suggest you do a ton of research on the use of aas for trt hrt purposes.

T

The Dutchman

Dec 10, 2011
I'm not looking for TRT, I'm just curious if I can put on a little drugfree keepable mass and strength. Before I started I read up on short cycles as advocated by Bill Roberts and Nelson Montana. I had contact with Bill about my plans on another board. This first run was a one-substance-only to see how I react on test prop, since that's going the base for possible follow-ups.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
I'm not looking for TRT, I'm just curious if I can put on a little drugfree keepable mass and strength. Before I started I read up on short cycles as advocated by Bill Roberts and Nelson Montana. I had contact with Bill about my plans on another board. This first run was a one-substance-only to see how I react on test prop, since that's going the base for possible follow-ups.

Tell Bill we said hello. You'd do better to have contact with guys in the trenches instead of the guy having brunch at the Marriott. You're curios about how you'll react to Test P? I could understand your curiosity if your handle was "The Dutchwoman"? You're over thinking shit and a little to full of yourself.
Do this....run 500mg of test E for 10 weeks and come tell me what's up. 2 weeks of test P like you're part of some scientific study. Get the **** out of here and man the **** up. Now go to your 9-5 and try and blend in like the normal boring person you are trying to get some ass just like the rest off us.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Quite frankly, I think you did more harm than good from with your run. You did just enough to shut yourself down and have a small gain. It will take you 2-3times as long to get your levels back to normal. In other words, your body will be somewhat at a stalemate during your recovery. You spoke nothing of any pct or ai of any type. I understand your reasoning, however more thought should have been put into it before your plunge. As for your lack of strength gain, it simply wasnt long enough of a run. I'm not knocking you, just stating the obvious. On the other hand, welcome to the dark side. You are definately in good hands here. Everyone here will guide you safely on your journey. Btw, how did prop feel? Any pip? I for one can not take prop anymore. Too much pip.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hi,

- Steroid virgin into his forties here.
- I'm lifetime drugfree, 6'1", 213 lbs, 11% BF.
- BP: 308 (1RM), DL: 473 (1RM), SQ: 440 (1RM)
- diet always in check

Tried a 2-weeker with prop only at 100 mg EOD (frontload 200 mg) to test the waters. Had good results, BW is up 7 LBS, recovery has improved, but I haven't experienced any strength gains.

Questions:
- Anyone with similar experiences?
- Any possible explanations for the lagging strength?

Hey man.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I think any injectable oil substance is a steroid.

So I think it would cancel out your drug free goal.

Even though it was only two weeks it's a steroid. Can someone correct me on this?

Also, I'm on trt. And two weeks is really just enough time to get everything going.

You need a couple months to really benefit.

Last edited:
GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Ya know even in my days of rec drug use I had a pretty good idea what to expect,
That was in my early 20's.
To just run gear for 2 weeks where was your research ?
Don't say you did it cause it's rather obvious that you did not!

Now smarten up research your ass off, get some more prop while u put together a serious PCT because as we get older
we need more help to return to normal, IF we can...... I do not come off I will not have natural test any more.

T

The Dutchman

Dec 10, 2011
biggerben692000:
I appreciate your input and you’re right about consulting the guys in the trenches; that’s what I’m trying to do here. You’re reaction makes me think I said something wrong, is that the case?

Rfagazzi:
It’s true that with this approach I will have smaller gains, but the thought behind it (Roberts, Montana) is that the degree of suppression will be less also. It is theorized that after two weeks the output of LH and FSH of the hypothalamus starts to diminish and suppression deepens. Cutting a cycle short on that point is supposed to enable quick recovery.
PCT was thought of and was advised as follows:
- Nolvadex: Day 1 60 mg in divided doses (for example 20 mg three times). After this, either 10 mg/day or 20 mg every other day.
- Clomid: Day 1: 150 mg in divided doses. After this, either 25 mg/day or 50 mg every other day.
- DAA

Turbolag:
Thanks for the input. You’re absolutely right I can’t ‘claim’ being drug free after this ride. I have been drug free until now though, and that’s what I tried to point out in the opening post. If the gains I get from this can’t be maintained with good food, rest and hard work (and without roids), then I’ll gladly settle for what I have. I don’t think I would enjoy a yoyo game.

GreatGunz:
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I’m very much aware of the fact that the advocated first cycle is 12 weeks of Test at 500 mg a week. Looking at your status and the number of posts you have, I’m sure you have seen the theories behind the 2-weekers also. What appealed to me was the thought that they are easier on the lipids and the HPTA. To me (ie at my age) that seems worth the price of smaller gains.

Last edited:
GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
My man,
In my expierence 2 weeks IS NOT long enough for gains other than slight increase in recovery.

Propionate is a fast acting ester but not fast enough for your theory....... If you were using test acetate
you would most definitely have made slight gains, But surpassed the propionate .

Seriously if you are going to run a cycle , Run a cycle do it correctly.
Your 2 week theory is making ur body feel like a tennis ball bouncing down the stairs.

A well planned cycle will have less impact on the body, recovery from the cycle will be standard
recovery knowledge, and make peace with the thought that you may not recover to your normal
hormones and body operation.

You like prop?Great run a complete cycle.

None of us are here to shit on you intentionally but we get tired of pointing out the basics when EVERYTHING you need to know can be read about here at the den.

Give a shout if want some help or have questions we will always help, But you may get a bit of shit with the right info.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Nothing in your body changes that fast 2 weeks isn't long enough to make any real progress. The key to running AAS is to keep your levels elevated and as stable as possible. Ever seen one of those 7-10 days diets work? Yea me neither. Eat good quality food and lots of it, often and run your cycles for a minimum of 8 weeks.

T

The Dutchman

Dec 10, 2011
GreatGunz:
Thanks again for your reply and insight. Your point is absolutely clear and I can imagine that repeating the basics over and over again can get old.
Even though I fell for the thought that a 2-weeker would be easy on the lipid profile and HTPA, I also realised –as you stated- that it may harsh in terms of fluctuations and high volume (because the high frequency) of PCT drugs you have to take in.
I don’t especially like the prop; it gave me a fair amount of PIP. I chose it because it fits the short cycle theory. Should I opt for a longer cycle, then I would certainly go for a long esther.
Your remark about not being able to fully recover gets me thinking. Why would that be? Is that your personal experience or do you happen to have any reference on that?
Thanks in advance

J-dub
Clear-cut advice, thanks for that!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic