Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

“Don’t join”

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Glad I didn’t do it. I’d likely have been one to eventually kill myself out of guilt, or, kill a bunch of staff.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Dealing with the VA and the culture shift I would recommend to my daughter Not to join.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I also think people are tired of the fake reason for wars we have seen.
US is a war culture. We have HUGE military industrial complex.
Just read a book on it. Biggest $ suck in the world I think. Just read a book on the USA MIC. It is sick how much $ in wasted.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Just read a book on it. Biggest $ suck in the world I think. Just read a book on the USA MIC. It is sick how much $ in wasted.
I will tell you in the military money is wasted on all levels. Being a Marine, I hate to pick on the Army, but I am going to. They have zero accountability when it comes to equipment and loss. They throw away good gear, lose gear, damage gear, etc... with absolutely ZERO accountability. Nothing happens to the person who does it.

They order the wrong part for a vehicle and when it comes in, what do they do, throw it away! Nothing happens to the person who order the wrong parts or who threw them away.

Roster for movement needs to be in 120 days out for a MAC flight, so the government only pays 120k to fly the battalion. Nope, the battalion misses the deadline and now needs to fly the entire battalion commercial OCONUS costing millions. Nothing happens to the person who missed the deadline.

In combat someone loses a piece of serialized gear due to negligence. Nothing happens to them, they right it off as a combat loss even though the person was on the FOB/COP when they lost it.

While in the Marines we are handing out negative counselings that go on your permanent record for losing a $40 non-serialized compass we all can order from Amazon.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
The culture shift throughout most service members careers usually leads to them telling the next generation not to enlist. However, one thing us dinosaurs forget is the culture shift we despise is the culture they grew up in. This is their normal. I could have told my son not to enlist, but I knew the things that I had a hard time adjusting to towards the end were the changes his generation were forcing on me.

The talent pool is definitely drying up. It is even worse now with Genesis. Recruiters cannot hide an applicant's medical history anymore. A kid who took Accutane at 12 years old for acne is now permanently disqualified. We used to just tell him to STFU. The government only knew what you told them. Not anymore.

Accutane disqualifies you!??? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Kids that missed a couple of years of socialization suffer from Covid Disassociation Disorder - it's real. Know several young folks (20's) that are working with teens this summer...they are all somewhat socially retarded - beyond what is normal for a teenager. They have no clue about much of anything. This is terrible for our future.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Kids that missed a couple of years of socialization suffer from Covid Disassociation Disorder - it's real. Know several young folks (20's) that are working with teens this summer...they are all somewhat socially retarded - beyond what is normal for a teenager. They have no clue about much of anything. This is terrible for our future.

Yes my oldest is in hs and has this horribly… he kept saying covid lockdowns fucked him up and i always thought what evs man, but we still got to go to work and interact they all got stuck at home having no other human interaction than us…now they are weird everywhere and dont know how to not be socially awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
"Back in the day," Women Marines were informally known as BAMs, as in "Broad Ass Marine."
That was before things got softer ... and more "correct."
Not sure how far back you consider "Back in the day", but when i was in the late 80,s we called them WM,s.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not sure how far back you consider "Back in the day", but when i was in the late 80,s we called them WM,s.
Boot. :)

I guess you don't remember how cold it was at the Frozen Chosin either ... or when Chesty Puller told us "We're surrounded, but that simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them." :D

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Boot. :)

I guess you don't remember how cold it was at the Frozen Chosin either ... or when Chesty Puller told us "We're surrounded, but that simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them." :D
Back when Christ was a Corporal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic