Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Terrible acne, please help!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
B5 in very high doses did work to stifle oil production for me it would be my #1 other than hygeiene practices

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Im going to make this short and sweet for you. ACCUTANE.
Forget all the claims of how toxic it is, blah blah blah. Oral steroids are more toxic but people still use them. Acne sucks and Ive been in your position. Let me tell you this. The longer you wait and try safer alternatives that wont work, the worse it will look when its gone. Acne scars and blemishes look just as bad. 10-20mg of accutane daily and I assure you, it will be 50% gone in 2 weeks tops. I always keep some on hand just in case. The last time I used it was about 3 or 4 months ago. I ran it for 2-3 months and its been fine ever sinse. If you are looking to completely kill it, you will need a higher dose for a longer period of time though. In that case, you should be off cycle too.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
You can reach your back? I can manage the top of my traps and my lower lower back (with the backs of my hands), and I'm not huge by any means. You would have to break my arm for me to be able to wipe green tea on my own back.

Me too, BTW
I never had ANY negative side effects from accutane 15mg per day, I never shit my pants with blood or had any birth defects either.
If you have NOT used it at low dosing then you don't know hiw easy this shit can be....lol

Read up on the DANGERS of AAS and you may get scared to use them as well.;)

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ya i'd be fucked, I use this thing i bought specifically for washing your back its basically a long piece of materiel with handles on both ends, 1 side is soft and the other side is designed to exfoliate more.

I use this as well or have my chicky scrub the shit outta my back with an exfoliating glove, seriously the the Accutane is the shiznaz just don't get it from a derma as the stupid fuck will run your dosing too high.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Yup, only sides I ever got was dry skin and some chapped lips. Which reminds me, stock up on chapstick if you decide to use accutane. My lips were cracked open for over a month even after coming off the stuff. Also, I wouldnt tan anymore than once or twice a week. It can make you a lot more sensitive to sunlight or artificial.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yup, only sides I ever got was dry skin and some chapped lips. Which reminds me, stock up on chapstick if you decide to use accutane. My lips were cracked open for over a month even after coming off the stuff. Also, I wouldnt tan anymore than once or twice a week. It can make you a lot more sensitive to sunlight or artificial.

Agree with this as well dry skin, dry lips, I get worse sides than that reading some threads on here:D

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Agree with this as well dry skin, dry lips, I get worse sides than that reading some threads on here:D

I wanted to try accutane , but the scary recall and what not had me concerned, I know for women there is an extra concern, the birth defects(not for me though) but mostly major vaginal drynes...no bien,
Which is why I went the b5 route...had no negative sides, did take a while to work, and didn't work. if it was time released...could even stop taking it after about a month and only have occasional blemish related to being a female... I had all types acne, mostly on face as well...luckily minimal scarring and what not.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I wanted to try accutane , but the scary recall and what not had me concerned, I know for women there is an extra concern, the birth defects(not for me though) but mostly major vaginal drynes...no bien,
Which is why I went the b5 route...had no negative sides, did take a while to work, and didn't work. if it was time released...could even stop taking it after about a month and only have occasional blemish related to being a female... I had all types acne, mostly on face as well...luckily minimal scarring and what not.

Well you made the smart move, NO one should jump on the Damn accutane without geting thyroid tested first! And accutane is alot worse on women than men , the damn drug is given for cancer patients do to the fact it fights certain types of cancer and it shuts the damn thyroid down fast! In women accutane has a lot worse sides on the thyroid to! Sometimes accutane is needed with cystic type acne when nothing else will cure it and it is the better option, but again get thyroid tested before , during and after accutane use! Chron's disease is another problem related back to accutane use, It also can cause joint dammage and screw cause collagen levels . Problem is if the acne is bad enuff 15 -20 mg won't hardly do anything but mess with the thyroid, usualy people are prescribed 60mg and up for 1-2 months.

I've used accutane before to get rid of tren break outs, Your better off using low doses 30mg ed for a few weeks before you start your aas cycle cause while on I found out you usualy need more like 60mg ed to get the same effects with aas use, (stronger aas like tren)

Do a search and you will find a whole lot of people who are now on thyroid meds for life after using accutane, Use it if you need it but keep up with thyroid levels and blood work. It would Be a good idea to take extra iodine and tyrosine while using accutane .

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Well you made the smart move, NO one should jump on the Damn accutane without geting thyroid tested first! And accutane is alot worse on women than men , the damn drug is given for cancer patients do to the fact it fights certain types of cancer and it shuts the damn thyroid down fast! In women accutane has a lot worse sides on the thyroid to! Sometimes accutane is needed with cystic type acne when nothing else will cure it and it is the better option, but again get thyroid tested before , during and after accutane use! Chron's disease is another problem related back to accutane use, It also can cause joint dammage and screw cause collagen levels . Problem is if the acne is bad enuff 15 -20 mg won't hardly do anything but mess with the thyroid, usualy people are prescribed 60mg and up for 1-2 months.

I've used accutane before to get rid of tren break outs, Your better off using low doses 30mg ed for a few weeks before you start your aas cycle cause while on I found out you usualy need more like 60mg ed to get the same effects with aas use, (stronger aas like tren)

Do a search and you will find a whole lot of people who are now on thyroid meds for life after using accutane, Use it if you need it but keep up with thyroid levels and blood work. It would Be a good idea to take extra iodine and tyrosine while using accutane .

Lucky me didn't need it that sounds worse than even I knew!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Taken from the Chemo care web page,

Generic name: Isotretinoin
Other name: 13-cis-Retinoic Acid

How accutane works:

Retinoids are drugs that are relatives of vitamin A. Retinoids control normal cell growth, cell differentiation (the normal process of making cells different from each other), and cell death during embryonic development and in certain tissues later in life. Retinoids effects on the cells are controlled by receptors on the nucleus of each cell (nuclear receptors).

There are two major classes of retinoid nuclear receptors: retinoic acid receptors (RAR) and retinoid-X-receptors (RXR). There are also subtypes within each class. Each of these types of receptors has different functions in different tissues. The different retinoid drugs work by binding to different receptors; which, in turn, affect cell growth and differentiation.

Retinoids are relatively new types of anti-cancer drugs. They have been used alone or in combination to treat a variety of cancers such as skin cancers, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, acute promyelocytic leukemia, lung cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, and head and neck cancers. Retinoids have also been used experimentally in an attempt to prevent certain types of cancer. There is ongoing research to determine their role in both cancer treatment and prevention.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic