dr. jim vs kjetil1234

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
does this thread need to be closed?

Perhaps but one thing is for sure I'm wasting my time in this discussion. (K those are kinetic studies and are not EVIDENCE BASED THERAPIES)

The general recommendations on the use of NSAIDS by the American College of Sports Medicine "Authorities".

1) NSAIDS should be limited to roughly one week and limited to moderate doses.
2) Are NOT considered useful and perhaps are detrimental in: Tendonopathy (especially compressive) or Fractures especially complex fractures
3) Are likely to be most beneficial in Ligamentous and Muscular injuries
4) They must NOT be utilized as a substitute for rehabilitation, appropriate surgical intervention or as a means to "accelerate" an athletes return to sporting related activities, especially competitive sports.
5) They should only be used for "chronic therapy" (weeks to months) in those patients with chronic inflammatory conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE, DJD etc

Because these are idealistic positions and suggestions, physicians and patients
alike are less apt to comply. Moreover the adverse effects are very difficult to quantify on a real time, basis making it difficult for many "NSAID patients" to believe any modification in use is necessary. (And they are probably correct if the doses being used are relatively low and of brief duration)

Finally there is no evidence the use of ICE diminishes a patients prognosis in patients with MS injuries, if used as a means to reduce traumatic swelling in the first 24-48 hours.

Respects
Jim

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Perhaps but one thing is for sure I'm wasting my time in this discussion. (K those are kinetic studies and are not EVIDENCE BASED THERAPIES)

My suggestion for those whom are wondering what the current status of NSAIDS are according to Sports Medicine "Authorities".
1) The use of NSAIDS should be limited to roughly one week and limited to moderate doses.
2) They are not considered useful and perhaps are detrimental in: Tendonopathy (especially compressive) or Fractures especially complex fractures
3) They are likely to be most beneficial in Ligamentous and Muscular injuries
4) They must NOT be utilized as a substitute for rehabilitation, appropriate surgical intervention or as a means to "accelerate" an athletes return to sporting related activities
5) They should only be used for "chronic therapy" (weeks to months) in those patients with chronic inflammatory conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE, etc

Finally there is no evidence the use of ICE diminishes a patients prognosis in patients with MS injuries, if used as a means to reduce traumatic swelling in the first 24-48 hours.

Respects
Jim

When adults reduce themselves to act like children, sometimes you have to take a toy away ;)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Pretty sure he's a doctor. Maybe lost his license to practice, and is now in the coach all day with his laptop.

I'm either a doc or a very well read fireman, people will believe as they choose, yet what about you K? Do you care to expound upon your educational and/or professional qualifications for offering medical advice on TID?

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I'm either a doc or a very well read fireman, people will believe as they choose, yet what about you K? Do you care to expound upon your educational and/or professional qualifications for offering medical advice on TID?

Well, I lift. Do you?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Well, I lift. Do you?

HAHHA Well I guess that means you're self educated with a Major in youtube studies??!! lmao you just lost all credibility in my mind. pffft.
Like IC said , you've ben cawk slapped
This thread is more tha gone it's course

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
No, icing is backed by years and years of peer reviewed, long term studies. Again, it is the standard of care. Please, don't be "That personal trainer". The one that follows the "cool trend" instead of the industry and medical standards. It will keep you out of hot water with legal issues, and it will better help your clients. Until your studies start to out number the ridiculous amounts of peer reviewed studies showing the effects of icing is good, then you will remain the minority.

This debate reminds me of all of the debates concerning vaccines. The data is just immense in defense of vaccines, yet people cling to one or two smaller studies that showed otherwise.

When the numbers start to change, the industry will follow, trust me. That is how the medical field works. Standards are based on research, but it uses the ones backed by the volume of peer reviewed studies making the case, in most situations. Until that changes, you aren't going to change the minds of 99% of the top physicians in the world.

============================================

Gosh darn it Shortz, not only can you see the forest thru the trees, you understand that difference.

Utmost respect mate
jim

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Well, I lift. Do you?

We have already confirmed he does not lift nor will he post a pic of his awesome physique which he has built with his vastly superior knowledge.
But he has posted a study that confirms if you do lift your gums will get HUGE and your Penis will fall off!:eek:

If a master mechanic from Porsche factory racing was building an engine and a regular working man was building a different one with the same components available whos would you assume would be better quality, performance etc??
So unless Jim is bullshitting we all would assume he can build a better looking, better performing physique........just sayin'
Cheers Gentleman and sorry jim I was not visiting your thread but it was K's instead.LOL

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
HAHHA Well I guess that means you're self educated with a Major in youtube studies??!! lmao you just lost all credibility in my mind. pffft.
Like IC said , you've ben cawk slapped
This thread is more tha gone it's course

Ok mate :)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
We have already confirmed he does not lift nor will he post a pic of his awesome physique which he has built with his vastly superior knowledge.
But he has posted a study that confirms if you do lift your gums will get HUGE and your Penis will fall off!:eek:

If a master mechanic from Porsche factory racing was building an engine and a regular working man was building a different one with the same components available whos would you assume would be better quality, performance etc??
So unless Jim is bullshitting we all would assume he can build a better looking, better performing physique........just sayin'
Cheers Gentleman and sorry jim I was not visiting your thread but it was K's instead.LOL

================
While one's physique is limited by "genetics" their quest for knowledge needn't be, just saying LG :)

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
================
While one's physique is limited by "genetics" their quest for knowledge needn't be, just saying LG :)

I concur, thus my continuous quest for knowledge and still educating myself at 50 years of age.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.