Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

MMA more brutal than boxing?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I train with a guy who wrestled his whole life. We had a discussion around this recently. He said there is no more warrior class. They are being snuffed out. I think he made a valid point.

I agree and now they're working on destroying our Military.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
boxers take alot more head shots in their careers then mma fighters..so ya mma is a safer sport long term...but u can die in a mma fight as well

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It's funny but there's a quiet group of ''respected '' people quietly destroying everything red blooded Americans enjoy. Doctors. So boxing has pretty much been dismantled, now they're ruining football after that MMA will be simple to take out. Pretty soon only soccer will be acceptable (GAY!!) but only with a helmet and now it looks like a muzzle!

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It's funny but there's a quiet group of ''respected '' people quietly destroying everything red blooded Americans enjoy. Doctors.

Woah, slow down there buddy. Since when were doctors saying this? Every major study done at a major university and peer reviewed shows that boxing is way more dangerous.

" The American Association of Neurological Surgeons says that 90% of boxers will have sustained a brain injury by the end of their careers. Couple that with eye injuries and dementia, which are both effects of being hit in the head, and you can begin to understand why boxing is a dangerous sport."

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic_300/316_which-is-more-dangerous-boxing-or-mma.html

Read that entire article. It makes boxing look like a damn death trap based on studies and physician findings compared to MMA.

"According to the Johns Hopkins study, head trauma and cerebral hemorrhages are the No. 1 cause of death in combat sports. The study concludes that boxing is the most dangerous combat sport in America."

So, it is in fact, the media and opinions of non-medical professionals that seem to be making the biggest fuss over this.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
boxers take alot more head shots in their careers then mma fighters..so ya mma is a safer sport long term...but u can die in a mma fight as well

You can die from boxing, haven't you seen Rocky IV?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Woah, slow down there buddy. Since when were doctors saying this? Every major study done at a major university and peer reviewed shows that boxing is way more dangerous.

" The American Association of Neurological Surgeons says that 90% of boxers will have sustained a brain injury by the end of their careers. Couple that with eye injuries and dementia, which are both effects of being hit in the head, and you can begin to understand why boxing is a dangerous sport."

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic_300/316_which-is-more-dangerous-boxing-or-mma.html

Read that entire article. It makes boxing look like a damn death trap based on studies and physician findings compared to MMA.

"According to the Johns Hopkins study, head trauma and cerebral hemorrhages are the No. 1 cause of death in combat sports. The study concludes that boxing is the most dangerous combat sport in America."

So, it is in fact, the media and opinions of non-medical professionals that seem to be making the biggest fuss over this.

Uhhh yea, so you agree? Who was doing the studies carpet layers? :D:D Usually it starts with a LAWYER, far worse, they find a schill Doc and there we go. Let's not act like thes eare little kids, these are highly paid grown ass men, MILLIONAIRES! Shit, I'll go take a few knocks to the melon for $1 million !!! It's total control by liberal disguised as we care and want to protect you from every bad thing out there. Even tho they can't

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
I retired from boxing in 2001 , i boxed for Kronk , i loved to watch ufc in the 90s then it went under for a while.It seemed more exciting back then maybe due to their being less fights. Ive debated the mma vs boxer too many times to count a mma fighter can beat a boxer in a boxing match its unlikely but if the mma guy is a good puncher and the boxer is average , its possible .Now put the boxer who has no mma skills in a cage and ill bet on the mma guy .Anyway i agree with the above comment boxing is becoming extinct its boring now , unless another tyson comes along it will keep dying out . As far as safety its common sense if your a boxer your gonna get your head knocked in repeatedly regardless or how great you are especially in sparring , where as mma there is less head trauma due to less head shots.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I retired from boxing in 2001 , i boxed for Kronk , i loved to watch ufc in the 90s then it went under for a while.It seemed more exciting back then maybe due to their being less fights. Ive debated the mma vs boxer too many times to count a mma fighter can beat a boxer in a boxing match its unlikely but if the mma guy is a good puncher and the boxer is average , its possible .Now put the boxer who has no mma skills in a cage and ill bet on the mma guy .Anyway i agree with the above comment boxing is becoming extinct its boring now , unless another tyson comes along it will keep dying out . As far as safety its common sense if your a boxer your gonna get your head knocked in repeatedly regardless or how great you are especially in sparring , where as mma there is less head trauma due to less head shots.

Yep zodd, I don't think Boxing will ever recover with this new pc attitude taking over, like what's happening in the NFL. Anyone who has competed understands and loves the feeling and rush, the pain is part of it . Without the risk it wouldn't be a competition, may as well play checkers! I remember when Boxing tried to float headgear for pro's!! Good bye Sweet America..hello soccer...llol

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
This conversion kind of amazes me.
We have learned over decades that certain things are very dangerous long term.
So when we try to make our athletes more healthy and safe then its PC liberal lawyers and doctors destroying america.
That is pretty ****ing dumb.

NFL is making the sport safer by changing a few rules about direct head hits and they are using better equipment.
Can you seriously say that watching football got boring now because of that? If yes, are you still watching?

Boxing has been boring for while.
Its a one dimensional fight sport that got killed by MMA.
Obviously no PC liberal lawyers or doctors made MMA exiting and boxing boring.
I pretty much quit watching boxing when tyson retried. has not been many exiting fighters.
When Tank, Shamrock ,etc came on TV with MMA I found it so much more exiting then boxing.
Boxing is dying because we got alternatives. Kind of what happened to the horse and buggy business.

If you know the long term danger from being hit in the head, do you think its right to just ignore it?
Do you really think you are tough if you do?

So the last 5 superbowls, all really sucked compared 5 Superbowls in the 60ts?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
This conversion kind of amazes me.
We have learned over decades that certain things are very dangerous long term.
So when we try to make our athletes more healthy and safe then its PC liberal lawyers and doctors destroying america.
That is pretty ****ing dumb.

NFL is making the sport safer by changing a few rules about direct head hits and they are using better equipment.
Can you seriously say that watching football got boring now because of that? If yes, are you still watching?

Boxing has been boring for while.
Its a one dimensional fight sport that got killed by MMA.
Obviously no PC liberal lawyers or doctors made MMA exiting and boxing boring.
I pretty much quit watching boxing when tyson retried. has not been many exiting fighters.
When Tank, Shamrock ,etc came on TV with MMA I found it so much more exiting then boxing.
Boxing is dying because we got alternatives. Kind of what happened to the horse and buggy business.

If you know the long term danger from being hit in the head, do you think its right to just ignore it?
Do you really think you are tough if you do?

So the last 5 superbowls, all really sucked compared 5 Superbowls in the 60ts?
If it's two mutual combatants and that's the sport they want to engage in that's their business. If the guys that are doing it want to ignore it then let them. I agree with everything else you said but it's MMA, you can only make It really safe by just not engaging in the sport.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic