Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

MMA more brutal than boxing?

T

TheBeez

Aug 27, 2012
They seem to have more training injuries but I think it's because they have no time off between fights. I really don't think it is worse than boxing.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Of course it is the rules allow more use of dufferent strikes. Boxing targets are limited and they tape and glove the only weapon . Boxing is limited to the rules . Ironically they protect hands because a fist is a shitty weapon historically most boxers who've gotten in street fights break hand as the fist is not an efficient weapon . However considering all this the boxer needs great skill and power , that's what I afmire of boxer . I feel they are the most skilled due to the limits of the rules and body

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
This conversion kind of amazes me.
We have learned over decades that certain things are very dangerous long term.
So when we try to make our athletes more healthy and safe then its PC liberal lawyers and doctors destroying america.
That is pretty ****ing dumb.

NFL is making the sport safer by changing a few rules about direct head hits and they are using better equipment.
Can you seriously say that watching football got boring now because of that? If yes, are you still watching?

Boxing has been boring for while.
Its a one dimensional fight sport that got killed by MMA.
Obviously no PC liberal lawyers or doctors made MMA exiting and boxing boring.
I pretty much quit watching boxing when tyson retried. has not been many exiting fighters.
When Tank, Shamrock ,etc came on TV with MMA I found it so much more exiting then boxing.
Boxing is dying because we got alternatives. Kind of what happened to the horse and buggy business.

If you know the long term danger from being hit in the head, do you think its right to just ignore it?
Do you really think you are tough if you do?

So the last 5 superbowls, all really sucked compared 5 Superbowls in the 60ts?

Great post!! Great f/n post

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I'd break it down into short term and long term. Short term...MMA is far more brutal. The Joe "daddy" Stevenson vs BJ Penn fight comes to mind. Long term, boxing is more brutal on the fighter. You can't get punched in the head 20k times and not pay the piper.

But really, what has changed is society's need to blame somebody for something. You couldn't read, but you were a great linebacker, so you made money. Money is gone...it left with your short term memory and impulse control and now you want it to be someone else's fault. Personal responsibility is gone.

I am not going to bring suit against a powerlifting federation if I blow out my knee squatting too deeply. I will exercise personal responsibility and squat in the SPF. (rimshot) Thank you! I'll be here all night....

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
We should all think like this . Lawyers have corrupted society . Sociologists refer to the phenomena as the feminization of western culture , lay people call the wussification of America . Sad but true . There are actually books now in this lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic