Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

MMA more brutal than boxing?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
HAHAH This is how soft Brits and Europeans are. Even the wife says football is getting ruined by all these new gay rules!!!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This conversion kind of amazes me.
We have learned over decades that certain things are very dangerous long term.
So when we try to make our athletes more healthy and safe then its PC liberal lawyers and doctors destroying america.
That is pretty ****ing dumb.

NFL is making the sport safer by changing a few rules about direct head hits and they are using better equipment.
Can you seriously say that watching football got boring now because of that? If yes, are you still watching?

Boxing has been boring for while.
Its a one dimensional fight sport that got killed by MMA.
Obviously no PC liberal lawyers or doctors made MMA exiting and boxing boring.
I pretty much quit watching boxing when tyson retried. has not been many exiting fighters.
When Tank, Shamrock ,etc came on TV with MMA I found it so much more exiting then boxing.
Boxing is dying because we got alternatives. Kind of what happened to the horse and buggy business.

If you know the long term danger from being hit in the head, do you think its right to just ignore it?
Do you really think you are tough if you do?

So the last 5 superbowls, all really sucked compared 5 Superbowls in the 60ts?

I don't watch football much anymore these days. As for the injuries, many believe that, because of the addition of better equipment, football has actually become more dangerous than before. You have to understand a very basic fact in blunt force trauma; There are two collisions 1 The outside force against the body, and then the organs in to the inside of the body. The force being created in football has become so great, that the advancements in the equipment hasn't been able to keep up with absorbing the force to prevent that second collision from causing trauma. Also, you made a valid point with the head thing too. Rugby players have a relatively low head injury rate because they keep their heads up, when the natural reaction is to put the head down.

The equipment phenomenon has happened in Boxing as well. The gloves get thicker, but all that did was increase the amount of times you have to hit someone in the head before they get knocked out, increasing their chance of a severe injury many times over. So really, the smaller gloves in MMA are actually "safer" in the long run.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I think it's more the size and power of the players now shortz. You have 250 plus linebackers flying around and way faster , stronger. You guiys must have missed the Ronnie Lott days, or even Lambert, mean Joe Greene, Ben Davidson etc. Lott actually cut half his finger off to play in The SB. It's a bunch of pansies running things doing the rule chnages to try and ''civilize'' it and grow it. Why is the friggin gov't getting involved in sports?...MONEY

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
NFL is making the sport safer by changing a few rules about direct head hits and they are using better equipment.
Can you seriously say that watching football got boring now because of that? If yes, are you still watching?

The NFL is trying to make the sport safer by eliminating direct head to head contact or hitting by leading with your head, and I applaud them for that. However, the problem that many fans including myself have with the new rules is, many of the penalties for the so called head hits are anything but an illegal hit... the referees have been instructed to penalize any contact that is close to being illegal, which IMO does dull the sport of football.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The NFL is trying to make the sport safer by eliminating direct head to head contact or hitting by leading with your head, and I applaud them for that. However, the problem that many fans including myself have with the new rules is, many of the penalties for the so called head hits are anything but an illegal hit... the referees have been instructed to penalize any contact that is close to being illegal, which IMO does dull the sport of football.
BD great example 9er's vs saints and drew ''the PHag'' brees. Bowman friggin leveled that punk, cleanly, got penalized and cost them a playoff bye.

All these good intentions with this helmet to helmet safety smoke screen is bs , they're trying to ''civilize'' football to sell it to the pansies in Europe. Let those chomos play soccer, it's great, yea! This new rule is going to get more people hurt\paralyzed. You ''lead'' with the head for a reason, natural instinct to protect their neck. Going in head up is just plain crazy and opens them up for really gettin hurt. Now they're all second guessin themselves. There's a reason The NFL grew to what it is, ''THE BIG HIT''!!

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
BD great example 9er's vs saints and drew ''the PHag'' brees. Bowman friggin leveled that punk, cleanly, got penalized and cost them a playoff bye.

All these good intentions with this helmet to helmet safety smoke screen is bs , they're trying to ''civilize'' football to sell it to the pansies in Europe. Let those chomos play soccer, it's great, yea! This new rule is going to get more people hurt\paralyzed. You ''lead'' with the head for a reason, natural instinct to protect their neck. Going in head up is just plain crazy and opens them up for really gettin hurt. Now they're all second guessin themselves. There's a reason The NFL grew to what it is, ''THE BIG HIT''!!

Wasn't that the Ahmad Brooks hit on Brees? I remember seeing that... absolutely terrible for the refs to throw a flag on that play.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Wasn't that the Ahmad Brooks hit on Brees? I remember seeing that... absolutely terrible for the refs to throw a flag on that play.
You may be right, but it was bs. That was textbook hit and cost them the game. I thinbk it's like gubamint , the more the league gets involved the more they screw it up

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

Yes it was Brooks.

Last edited by a moderator:
DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

It was a terrible call by whoever made the rules but you can't make a hit like that so the refs weren't wrong.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic