Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

My bloated stomach, , , WHY ? :^(

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
This is my question folks. My stomach bloats up through the day quite a lot, till I struggle to put my socks on lol. This started about six months ago when I stopped smoking and started using nicolites. My diet wasn't great at the time . . chips, burgers, nuggets etc. but I still ate salad, veg, pasta as well though. I started training again about 3 weeks ago and I now eat lots of fich, chicken, eggs/pasteurised egg whites, salad, quark, milk etc. and no junk, bread, sweets etc.. my supplement's are creatine, vitamins and whey protein drinks. I do drink wine though. I train 6 days a week on one muscle a day and this is working at the moment and fits my life style right now so no plan on changing that right now I don't think.

My stomach still swells up through the day though ??. I'm about 23% body fat at the moment and have a bit of fat around the gut, but not enough to completely hide my abs. but by the time I go to bed my stomach is like a big hard ball.

Any advice pleas cuz its really doing my nut in :violin:

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
This is my question folks. My stomach bloats up through the day quite a lot, till I struggle to put my socks on lol. This started about six months ago when I stopped smoking and started using nicolites. My diet wasn't great at the time . . chips, burgers, nuggets etc. but I still ate salad, veg, pasta as well though. I started training again about 3 weeks ago and I now eat lots of fich, chicken, eggs/pasteurised egg whites, salad, quark, milk etc. and no junk, bread, sweets etc.. my supplement's are creatine, vitamins and whey protein drinks. I do drink wine though. I train 6 days a week on one muscle a day and this is working at the moment and fits my life style right now so no plan on changing that right now I don't think.

My stomach still swells up through the day though ??. I'm about 23% body fat at the moment and have a bit of fat around the gut, but not enough to completely hide my abs. but by the time I go to bed my stomach is like a big hard ball.

Any advice pleas cuz its really doing my nut in :violin:

I get bloat from whey protein. Is your bloating from gas or digestive problems? Are you having the sh*ts?

Also, are you bulking or cutting at the moment?

Three possibilities come to mind.

a. You are getting gas or the sh*ts from something you are eating;
b. You gained some fat after you stopped smoking;
c. Your belly is more noticeable after you eat some food through the day.

My approach to solving the problem would be two progned.

First I would try taking out the creatine and whey protein and focus on eating healthy wholefoods. I would add one of those back in at a time to see if the symptoms return.

Then second, I would probably spend a year building up my body through weight training, while adding in some cardio. After I built a solid foundation, I would cut down on the bodyfat over a 6 month or so cut. Then I would bulk up to where I wanted to be, or depending on my goals, I would continue to bulk and cut until I reached my goals.

Good luck bro and keep us posted. Let us know if you have any other things you need help with.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
This started 6 months ago and I only started the creatine three weeks ago and my diet has completely changed from when it started ? I do get wind and toilet trouble though and my gut gurgles a lot through the day.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
This started 6 months ago and I only started the creatine three weeks ago and my diet has completely changed from when it started ? I do get wind and toilet trouble though and my gut gurgles a lot through the day.

Possible food allergy?

I stopped wheat and a lot of my bloat went away. I don't know if I am mildly allergic, to it, but I felt better not eating it.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
your food may also not be as calorie dense as before, so the volume of your food may have gone up with very little change in total calories. big difference in eating 4000 cals of garbage vs 4000 clean cals.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
My bet's on the Protein powder and milk. Cut down on that stuff, you might be a bit lactose intolerant. It can make your stomach bloat out like a bloated cow. I learnt this from personal experience when trying to use low fat dried milk powder in place of Whey. My stomach bloated out so much, when I lay on my bed my stomach was higher than my chest. I've also found using to much Whey will do the same .. so I generally minimise my protein powder intake to after my workout and if I need a midnight snack.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Possible food allergy?

I stopped wheat and a lot of my bloat went away. I don't know if I am mildly allergic, to it, but I felt better not eating it.

My bet's on the Protein powder and milk. Cut down on that stuff, you might be a bit lactose intolerant. It can make your stomach bloat out like a bloated cow. I learnt this from personal experience when trying to use low fat dried milk powder in place of Whey. My stomach bloated out so much, when I lay on my bed my stomach was higher than my chest. I've also found using to much Whey will do the same .. so I generally minimise my protein powder intake to after my workout and if I need a midnight snack.

I stopped eating wheat before I noticed when I do my stomach shrinks in size even if calories aren't counted. I recently heard of something called wheat belly. Its inflamation in the stomach because of wheat products. Reducing or cutting wheat and gluten out can make the stomach shrink a lot.

I noticed a similar thing to consuming too much whey protein. Maybe you could try pea protein, or rice protein ? Soy protein ?

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Thanks for input folks but this started 5 months before I started training again . . . . I wasn't drinking milk or taking whey or taking creatine back then. Its no worse now than then BUT im eating completely different things now im training and its still the same,,, bloats up through the day more and more each meal.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would not recommend soy protien to anyone.
I would experiment with taking the whey protien out for a day or do and see if that helps.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Thanks for input folks but this started 5 months before I started training again ..

I friend of mine from way back developed himself and big bloated barrel guts over a period of 6 months, through eating a diet of fish and chips and fizzy drink everyday.

im eating completely different things now im training and its still the same,,, bloats up through the day more and more each meal.

What do you normally eat? Also do you have lethargy and over flatulence?

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
for 5 months I didn't take whey and I was still bloating. for 5 months I wasn't taking creatine and I was still bloating. for 5 months I wasn't drinking milk and I was still bloating. Now Im not eating bread and Im still bloating.

Thank you all for trying to help BUT your all telling me to cut whey or creatine or milk but I wasn't taking or drinking them when it started happening.

Now ive changed to healthy eating since I started training again about 3 weeks ago and Im still bloating up through the day even with healthy diet as aposed to the crap ive been eating post training.

Can you see my dylema ?? bloating on crap diet . . . . bloating on good diet. I don't actually eat anything now that I was eatin 6 months ago. But 6 months ago I started using vape cigarettes when I stooped smoking and this is about the time it started (could be making me ingest air I was thinking).

I could lose a few pounds of fat, but its not fat as I swell up through the day very much.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Hi jesthase. I now eat scrambled eggs in the morning, chicken and salad for lunch, chicken or fish with veg for dinner. In between meals I either have Natural yogurt with tinned fruit or protein drink. About 2ltr of water a day

I used to eat fast food, garlic Kiev's sausage rolls, boxed freezer meals and a bit of veg and salad, donuts etc. and coffee.

I do have flatulence a bit and a lot of gurgling in my gut but I go to the toilet every day as normal now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic