Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

My bloated stomach, , , WHY ? :^(

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I'd suggest digestive enzymes with your meals and look into a probiotic. Sounds like your good bacteria in your guts is off. If it was still and issue when u didn't consume whey or dairy that weeds lactose out.
U may also look into a cleanse or colonic to purge your system then create a good bacteria back into your daily diet.

INTG

INTG

Apr 13, 2014
I'ma huge fan of probiotics. First iI believe you should purge your system. Try what I call a "man shake" taken3 tablespoons of Epsom salt and stir it into a Gatorade and then slam it down. It WILL clean you out. After that I get big into probiotics and Greek yogurts for a while. Your body will love you when your done

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Thanks Doc. Did you see the thread I started about my rant? Rotten posted an article with some great study findings that showed gluten intolerance was "mostly in people's heads" lol

No I didn't mate! Where is it posted?

Hey, Shortz as you KNOW the most common manifestation of mal-absorption (generally the consequence of a GI enzymatic deficiency) is DIARRHEA. In fact the absence of diarrhea strongly argues against an enzymatic deficiency as being responsible for your "GI bloat".

While it's true normal gut flora may be altered thru a variety of processes, restoration is the norm providing pathological conditions are not responsible.

Finally your isolated symptom of GI distention is far to non-specific from a diagnostic perspective, since ailments from ulcers to food intoxication may be responsible.

IME complaints of this nature, fluid balance becomes the primary focus while using a "bland diet" for the next few days is all that is usually required, awaiting spontaneous resolution.

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Would activia or yakult sp* help? We do eat lot of Greek yoghurt etc I can't see any thing in his diet that's causing this. All I know is when I met him he was ripped with no bloat! Over year a little weight and no so much muscle but still a good natural physique and flat tum. Then for some reason this bloating started way before he started training again and before any shakes and sups so positive it's not those we have tried taking common causes of bloat out his diet but nothing works. It is so strange I've known Dallas since he was a teen and he has never had this before so there must be a cure for this . It's like a rock hard ball you could pop lol (sorry hubby lol) bit it is! Got to get this sorted

INTG

INTG

Apr 13, 2014
I know this may sound odd, but could it possibly be a type of worm? Round worms from my understanding can give you that bloated feel and that "ball" your describing. I would do the "man shake" and see if anything comes out. Idk, just a suggestion.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Hmm SIX months, apologies I thought this had been a problem for only a few days!

Have you EVER had prior abdominal surgery?
Do you have any pain especially crampy abdominal pain?

Does this bloating primarily occur after eating and DECREASE during the night?

If yes then it's possible you COULD have a partial bowel obstruction, Peptic ulcer or biliary tract disease.

If NOT, well who knows absent a formal medical evaluation, however it's important to realize at least 75% of "bowel gas" is actually acquired thru aerophagia (swallowed) and "eating fast" or in a hurried manner can certainly worsen "bloat" in that circumstance..

Dallas I really can't gleam much more from the history your providing?

Are you taking ANY other medications esp NSAIDS?

Nonetheless because upwards of 50% of patients with gastritis or PUD are relatively PAIN FREE early in the disease course you might want to try a PPI such as Omeprezole

Jim

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
I had almost the same exact symptoms, went to gastro doc and come to find out my gallbladder wasn't functioning properly. I had surgery on the 14th. and so far almost all my symptoms have gone away. The biggest was the bloating. Sucks I'll be out of gym for 4 more weeks till abs heal.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
I had almost the same exact symptoms, went to gastro doc and come to find out my gallbladder wasn't functioning properly. I had surgery on the 14th. and so far almost all my symptoms have gone away. The biggest was the bloating. Sucks I'll be out of gym for 4 more weeks till abs heal.

oh shit :^(

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I didn't read the entire thread and my apologies if someone said it already but you may have a gluten allergy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic