Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

What is the Best protein

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I do, I always buy my protein plain with the exception of the one formula I get at trueprotein that has mcts and other stuff in it. That one pretty much has to be chocolate.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You add your own flavoring?

Yes. Most of the time I just cut my normal pro with this. (the flavored ones are always a little strong on flavor). 30/70 (70 being unflavored works well).

I also mix it in smoothies...etc and the flavor comes from the fruit and applejuice..etc.

Been using NOW unflavored for a while by the 10lb bag, but came across the opportunity to buy in larger quantity and save a little.

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Mar 14, 2014
I prefer Mutant Whey BUT I only use protein supplements when my schedule does not allow me to eat. I try to get all my protein, carbs, and fats from foods instead of supplements. That isn't always the case so I keep some protein around the house; currently it's Mutant Whey but as money and goals dictate that will change. I am a practical man; I don't need fancy proteins... as long as it helps me to reach my goals and doesn't break the bank then it is good enough for me. Everyone has different tastes, goals, budget, etc so there are supplements for everyone.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I prefer Mutant Whey BUT I only use protein supplements when my schedule does not allow me to eat. I try to get all my protein, carbs, and fats from foods instead of supplements. That isn't always the case so I keep some protein around the house; currently it's Mutant Whey but as money and goals dictate that will change. I am a practical man; I don't need fancy proteins... as long as it helps me to reach my goals and doesn't break the bank then it is good enough for me. Everyone has different tastes, goals, budget, etc so there are supplements for everyone.

Mutant has AA fillers and sand in it. Kind of a joke.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Do you have any links on this?

They blatantly list it on the label. Silicon dioxide = Sand

Proprietary Blend35 g*
Mutant Extreme Multi Whey Mega Blend
NitroSerum™ (Unique Membrane Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate / Phospholipid Complex), Ultra-Filtered and Dia-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross Flow Micro-Filtered Whey Protein Isolate, AnciNOS® Whey Protein Hydrolysate
EAA/Voluminzing Amino Acids
Tuarine, L-Threonine, L-Glycine, Glutamine Peptides (from Wheat)
, Micronized L-Leucine
Sport Oil Complex
MCT Oil Powder (50% Coconut Oil in a base of Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Dipotassium Phosphate; Contains 2% or less of Sucrose, Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Soy Lecithin), Soybean Powder, Sunflower Seed Oil
Dispersion Control Complex
Maltodextrin, Inulin, Whole Oat Powder, Xanthan Gum, Cartboxymethyl Cellulose

Other Ingredients: Cocoa, natural and artificial flavors, silicon dioxide, sodium chloride, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, cinnamon, soya lecithin.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
They blatantly list it on the label. Silicon dioxide = Sand

Thanks. I guess you never know what exactly is in there. Half the stuff listed on shit I always assume is ok for you since it is legal, boy was i wrong lol.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
WPH is so inferior to WP that it is actually borderline detrimental to muscle gain/fat loss, although, it does have a high antioxidant capacity.

a.jpg
Just to make sure I understand, Hydrolyzed is not really good for muscle gains?

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Mar 14, 2014
I prefer mutant because of the taste and lets face it... I can't afford anything else (I can get mutant very cheaply) and times are tough, at least for me. I usually get everything from foods. I can make a 5lb bag of whey last for months on end because I hardly use it. That being said; I didn't know that silicon dioxide is the fancy term for sand; thanks for that info!

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Just to make sure I understand, Hydrolyzed is not really good for muscle gains?

Largely inferior

I prefer mutant because of the taste and lets face it... I can't afford anything else (I can get mutant very cheaply) and times are tough, at least for me. I usually get everything from foods. I can make a 5lb bag of whey last for months on end because I hardly use it. That being said; I didn't know that silicon dioxide is the fancy term for sand; thanks for that info!

You're doing what you gotta do

Shoot me your address via PM, Ill get a tub of Ultra Peptide 2.0 out to you

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Hell I load up on cookies and cream combat by muscle pharma. $42 at Costco

T

trinitysurf

Mar 10, 2014
Interesting thread

Macgyver - is the glanbia whey available domestically? I was under the impression those were only available outside of the US

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic