Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Intra workout aminos, anyone?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
6.2g leucine, looks solid in my opinion. 5g is enough to maximize mTor/MPS, and 26.99 for 30 servings is actually a really good price.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Right on. Thanks.

I'm really glad you came around and changed your posting manner. As I suspected would happen if you did that, you've become a great asset to the board. Thanks again.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Right on. Thanks.

I'm really glad you came around and changed your posting manner. As I suspected would happen if you did that, you've become a great asset to the board. Thanks again.

Agreed. Thank You

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
What about Tri-PEP from Metabolic Nutrition Diesel?

Nevermind I think it's a 2:1:1 ratio like Xtend.

mands

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Right on. Thanks.

Agreed. Diesel has lots of great info to share and sometimes, when someone comes
across as too abrasive, the info gets lost over emotions. I like seeing the details
of the answers as well. A blanket yes or no isn't always going to really answer someone's questions either

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Thanks guys, that means a lot

What about Tri-PEP from Metabolic Nutrition Diesel?

Nevermind I think it's a 2:1:1 ratio like Xtend.

mands

Honestly couldnt tell you, from what I found its a prop blend [they don't disclose the amounts used]

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Shrtz: "You get all of the BCAAs you will ever need if you're meeting your protein requirements daily."

Xtend**

And it's far from "the best", at best its still an underdosed, inferior 2:1:1 BCAA product.

10:1:1 has been the only dose to have an effect on body composition.

This is exactly why it is useless, except for the two circumstances stated above.

Ironically, my response "This (many don't get enough protein) is exactly why it i usefull." It is very difficult to meet daily protein requirements.

The response is "just prep all your meals the night before, and you will get all you need." Back in my early days of training, and through my competative years, I prepped this ^ way. But you know what? After 38 years of training, this ^ got old. Not just the prep and tupperware, but choking down chicken breasts.

What I do, is find some relatively healthy restaurant food, and eat that once a day. I always pay more for extra meat). My wife cooks dinner for me. I may get one other solid food protein in e a day, and the rest is protein powder. Breakfast is Casein (50 grams of protein) cereal fruit and 1-2% milk. That is also what I eat before going to bed. Pre-workout meal is chicken/beef/fish, 2 hours before training. One hour, fifteen minutes of lifting, followed by 25 minutes HIT on the bags. This is a long and brutal workout, and it depletes my amino pool. I take 70 grams of whey protein after training, but that is to late. The intra aminos keep me in a positive balance until I get that whey (and fruit/simples) recovery drink.

You might say "just drink protein powder while training." The problem is, too much powdered protein gives me diarrhea. I have to alternate between solid protein, and powdered protein. Aminos cause no such issues. I need to take in at least 250 grams of protein a day (preferably 280 if training hard),
and I need every resource I can get to do so.

Dan Duchain once said "the best bodybuilders find what works, and stick with it," and this^is what works or me.

Last edited:
Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible, I'm not even going to waste my time responding to that. Anecdotal evidence is opinion.

So do what you want, but don't try to portray it as scientific fact.

And please don't elaborate on your GI issues and it's post digestive effects lol

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Anybody? Nobody? Fine, I'll do it.

You said you're eating 5500 cals a day. IF that's true, you can't help but get your daily protein requirements. Even if you ate no meat and got all your cals from sweet potatoes, rice, nuts, etc, you'd still probably hit 250g. So one of two things is happening. You are either lying about how many cals you eat per day and are actually eating like a little girl, or you are easily getting your protein requirements but wanted to argue and be right so you just claimed you are not.

I ACTUALLY eat over 5,000 cals every day, and I don't even have to try to get 300+g of protein, all from whole food. No whey shakes, no aminos, no casein. Just real food.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I eat roughly 3000 cals a day and easily hit 240 g protein only one shake in the morning and one post workout.
Non training days it's just the morning shake and I'm at 225 g protien.
I enjoy the taste of my aminos I chug them immediately after training.
It works for me

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible, I'm not even going to waste my time responding to that. Anecdotal evidence is opinion.

This^^^

I really hate this argument with a lot of topics. "Well, I have to eat clean to lose weight, so that might work for you, but not for me...".

Without some kind of medical condition or crazy rare genetic difference between two people, there should be no reason why most major things should not work for everyone.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Anybody? Nobody? Fine, I'll do it.

You said you're eating 5500 cals a day. IF that's true, you can't help but get your daily protein requirements. Even if you ate no meat and got all your cals from sweet potatoes, rice, nuts, etc, you'd still probably hit 250g. So one of two things is happening. You are either lying about how many cals you eat per day and are actually eating like a little girl, or you are easily getting your protein requirements but wanted to argue and be right so you just claimed you are not.

I ACTUALLY eat over 5,000 cals every day, and I don't even have to try to get 300+g of protein, all from whole food. No whey shakes, no aminos, no casein. Just real food.

I generally don't count vegetarian protein at all. If I had nuts in conjunction with protein I might add 10 grams to my daily protein intake. The amino acid profile is everything, and vegetarian protein does not build muscle for me. I don't count Sweet potatoes or rice towards my daily protein intake. I coached 3 national level competitors this last year, currently am prepping 1 IFBB pro, and 6-7 others who competed locally, but in good NPC shows. None of them count vegetarian protein as major contributors to their daily protein intake, and several were eating 400 plus grams a day. That is a LOT of anecdotal evidence. This fact leads me to Diesel's claim:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Diesel0022

I think you don't understand how science works. Scientific theories ALWAYS start from anecdotal evidence generating a testable hypothesis. The problem you run into when you say you will only accept peer reviewed published information is the fact that these studies NEVER are done on hard training bodybuilders using gear. Why? Because no bb I know of is going to volunteer for study the effects of him breaking the law. Anecdotal evidence is all we have. I can tell you that Flex Wheeler eats Burger King until 3 weeks out from the Olympia. I can tell you Dorian Yates' pre contest steroid program (it starts with 3 Sustenon and 1 bottle of var a day). I know the drug program that most top pros use. I can tell you that the Germans start diuretics a month out, and think the Americans are pussies.

Deisel, you are a nice guy and also smart. However, look at your physique, then look at mine. Don't get me wrong. You have a very pretty body (no homo, lol) and I bet women flock to you. However, you simply do not have a lot of muscle. My legs are my best bodypart, btw, not my back. And I am 51. Science focuses on empirically verifiable results. My cycles are conservative, I use no tren, just test and mild anabolics like Primo, NPP, and var. I train a body part once every 6-7 days (as do 4 out of 5 pros) every 5 if in contest prep mode. I eat veggies, but don't count them towards my protein total. I use a lot of protein powder. I have below average genetics, yet a local NPC judge thinks I would place top 3 in the Grand Masters Nationals.

I apologize for bragging and name dropping, but I know how the big dogs get big. You will not find that info in any published study.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic