Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Phaggy-Time Diet Myths

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I ate more sushi than you. Just saying. I mean it almost killed me and I was sick during the meet.

And don't give me the drol excuse. I was running drol too :p

Man how were you able to eat like that before the meet? I did good at my last meet to eat 2 eggs and a packet of oatmeal. Haha

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Title suits this thread perfectly, y'all talking bout tossing salads and eating meat lol....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Man how were you able to eat like that before the meet? I did good at my last meet to eat 2 eggs and a packet of oatmeal. Haha

Cause it's how I eat before I train too. Maybe not quite as much. I have a hollow leg.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
When I think of athletic, I think of people with coordination and the ability to be "naturals" at other sports. I do not believe that everybody is capable of being athletic, as that definition would suggest. My guess is, some nerd at Websters came up with that definition to make himself and his buddies feel better about being picked last for every team sport ever.

When I toss my keys to a buddy and he "air hugs" them, missing completely, and they nail him in the face, I can pretty much rule him out of the "athletic" category forever.

If it makes you feel better, I'll admit that being a world class powerlifter doesn't necessarily make you athletic either, as your definition would suggest.

Nobody will ever convince me that running marathons makes you athletic. I've seen way too many examples of the opposite.
Just running? No. Competing? Definitely.

The same could be said for powerlifting. Anyone can do it but few are truly great at it.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I've never been able to eat much before a meet, I usually end up in McDonalds an hour before as the food as I can get stuff like their has browns down quite easily. I'm sure the sodium helps me to hydrate faster after weigh in as well, that's about the only time I eat there lol.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Man I loooooove McDonald's Hashbrowns!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I kind of hear what SAD is saying, but for me I'd class myself as an athlete when I'm running. powerlifting... not so much. I class myself as a powerlifter and ultrarunner, although I've been a competitive cyclist for many years and have done a few triathlons.

Having said that, I don't think that I'm a natural athlete in anything that I have tried my hand at. Cycling I did okay but never won anything, triathlon I was always a mid-packer and the best I have done in running was a 12th place finish in a half marathon a few years ago.

I guess I'm okay at powerlifting because I usually win, but by no means a natural. And my squats suck.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Mini this is just my opinion.

But I think anyone competing in a competition is being athletic.

Doesn't matter the sport. Like 69 nites said. If it requires coordination and etc, to me it's a sport and your an athlete if you compete. Being a gifted athlete is different.

And Mini, I think your pretty good at powerlifting man. You dead lift in the mid 4s and weigh under 150. That is so impressive man, I can't compliment you enough on that.

And you bench almost twice your body weight.

And you squat over twice your body weight.

Your numbers are competitive in a much higher weight class than your in.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I kind of hear what SAD is saying, but for me I'd class myself as an athlete when I'm running. powerlifting... not so much. I class myself as a powerlifter and ultrarunner, although I've been a competitive cyclist for many years and have done a few triathlons.

Having said that, I don't think that I'm a natural athlete in anything that I have tried my hand at. Cycling I did okay but never won anything, triathlon I was always a mid-packer and the best I have done in running was a 12th place finish in a half marathon a few years ago.

I guess I'm okay at powerlifting because I usually win, but by no means a natural. And my squats suck.
I did decent as a road cyclist. I did very well downhill mountain biking and superd. XC I wasn't bonkers about. I'd rather do a road race.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I did decent as a road cyclist. I did very well downhill mountain biking and superd. XC I wasn't bonkers about. I'd rather do a road race.
Nice, I never knew that. I always liked the road cycling, never got into mountain biking.

What's the 'superd' that you mentioned?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Nice, I never knew that. I always liked the road cycling, never got into mountain biking.

What's the 'superd' that you mentioned?
Super d is a newer mtb race type. It is 60% downhill and s lot more technical than cross country. Very fun. I really like the technical aspect of riding.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Back on topic...my pet peeve myths...

1. Eating breakfast will magically make you leaner and builds more muscle
2. Eating carbs after a certain time in the evening
3. Eating every 2-3 hours increases metabolism and prevents catabolism. Yes, I said it, it's a damn myth.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic