Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Phaggy-Time Diet Myths

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
So I got really stoned and had an epiphany.

I realize that, when people ask me how much protein I consume I wanna smack them in the head. Cause its not about protein.. Its about CALORIES.

I know morons who waste so much money trying to eat 300-400g of protein a day and make NO CHANGE. Because in reality 300G of protein is only 1200 calories..

My cousin won a powerlifting meet, all natty, 475lb deadlift RAW @ 164. Eating nothig but 3 cups of oatmeal a day and 3 tablespoons of olive oil with each meal.. Not much protein? He got leaner and stronger. So protein intake is a phaggy time gimmick. You could bulk or cut on bread only.

Just felt like typing the facts.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Another thing that seems to be a gimmick, is Insulin Fat Storage.. How the hell would insulin put ANY fat on you if your in a calorie deficit... Sorry but the laws of the PHYSIQUE dont cease to exist just because insulin is in the body.

I myself can attest to this, I am a new slin runner, currently taking 10iu Pre Workout Humulin-R.. I kinda just eat whatever I want throughout the day HOWEVER since I wanna keep fat low for this summer.. I simply just keep some glucose tabs and calolries low. Works for me, no fat.

My current cycle..

50mg Tren EOD
800mg EQ week
10mg Superdrol
10iu Slin PRE workout 3 days a week.
(and SMALL amounts of prop.. 25mg EOD)

No fat gain here.. Will post pics soon.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You need to put down the blunt... You need protein for muscle hypertrophy. Dead lifting has little or nothing to do with hypertrophy.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Your friends 164lbs so ya I think a lil protien may be in order lol

But gawd that's a hell of a dead lift for the lil guy... Props to him for that!

As far as the slin goes try eating a stick of butter after you pin some slin lol

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Another quality post..........

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Your friends 164lbs so ya I think a lil protien may be in order lol

But gawd that's a hell of a dead lift for the lil guy... Props to him for that!

As far as the slin goes try eating a stick of butter after you pin some slin lol

Yea........nice lift for sure. I just did a comp with a guy who pulled 450 @138. Hitched on 475...

Not really sure what that has to do with anything..... But yes you need less protein on high carb diets. Nothing new there. But you still need a good bit to support growth. Some guys will even go as low as .75g per lb. I always stay between 1-1.25. I don't believe in the need for ultra high protein levels. Just for the record, 95+%of my gains were made naturally.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
OP, you're a little on track, but not completely. In a few studies done on how low people can go on protein, they found the lowest to be around .66g per lb of LBM, give or take a few. As Mac already pointed out, some guys will go as low as .75, because fats are known to be very anti-catabolic, and the insulin response you gain from carbs are also anabolic. That said, I too get around 1-1.25 per lb. I eat moderate carbs and moderate fats, then carb load every couple weeks while dieting.

On a last note, I don't believe what everyone tells me either. I am constantly being told "Dude, I eat 8,000 calories and can't grow" or "I eat next to nothing and can't lose fat" etc, and in almost every situation, they are eating way more or way less than they think. I bet your cousin consumes more protein than he leads on to or just failed to mention the protein shake he drinks with each meal. JMO though.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
OP, you're a little on track, but not completely. In a few studies done on how low people can go on protein, they found the lowest to be around .66g per lb of LBM, give or take a few. As Mac already pointed out, some guys will go as low as .75, because fats are known to be very anti-catabolic, and the insulin response you gain from carbs are also anabolic. That said, I too get around 1-1.25 per lb. I eat moderate carbs and moderate fats, then carb load every couple weeks while dieting.

On a last note, I don't believe what everyone tells me either. I am constantly being told "Dude, I eat 8,000 calories and can't grow" or "I eat next to nothing and can't lose fat" etc, and in almost every situation, they are eating way more or way less than they think. I bet your cousin consumes more protein than he leads on to or just failed to mention the protein shake he drinks with each meal. JMO though.

Well if your eating 8000 calories your definitely getting a shit ton of protein. But I just believe that the 300-400g of protein gimmick is just BS. Thats where i was getting.

Sorry i just pop in every once in a while lol.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Well if your eating 8000 calories your definitely getting a shit ton of protein. But I just believe that the 300-400g of protein gimmick is just BS. Thats where i was getting.

Sorry i just pop in every once in a while lol.

I agree too for the most part. I also believe that if we get most of our protein from actual foods, we need even less. THe reason why is, 99% of whey proteins on the market aren't regulated by the FDA, and analysis have shown almost every major whey product to be 60% or less actual protein. Some dip as low as 10% (American Pure whey, to be specific).

So, if you consume all foods for protein, the amount needed is probably even less.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Finally someone else to agree

Get in AT LEAST 100g protein daily, then ONLY calories matter, and timing meals doesn't matter

Once I realized that, I made the most progress

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
I know morons who waste so much money trying to eat 300-400g of protein a day and make NO CHANGE.

I made most progress just makin sure I got AT LEAST 100g protein daily

Above 100g is all bullshit, calories all that matters past that

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I made most progress just makin sure I got AT LEAST 100g protein daily

Above 100g is all bullshit, calories all that matters past that
How much do you weigh?

Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic