Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Phaggy-Time Diet Myths

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You misunderstood me mini, I said running, especially long distance, is not an athletic endeavor, not "I could do that". I've seen people with MS and Down syndrome run marathons, and nobody is confusing their heart and will to overcome for athleticism.

I don't want to run a half marathon with you for two reasons. #1 - I would die. #2 - Doesn't matter, cuz I'd be dead.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
You misunderstood me mini, I said running, especially long distance, is not an athletic endeavor, not "I could do that". I've seen people with MS and Down syndrome run marathons, and nobody is confusing their heart and will to overcome for athleticism.

I don't want to run a half marathon with you for two reasons. #1 - I would die. #2 - Doesn't matter, cuz I'd be dead.
Athletic: of or pertaining to athletes; involving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina: athletic sports; athletic training.

Don't see how a race isn't a show of athletic ability. It involves both strength and stamina. Races are one of the oldest sports in history.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Plus being retarded doesn't exclude them from being athletic. :)

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
When I think of athletic, I think of people with coordination and the ability to be "naturals" at other sports. I do not believe that everybody is capable of being athletic, as that definition would suggest. My guess is, some nerd at Websters came up with that definition to make himself and his buddies feel better about being picked last for every team sport ever.

When I toss my keys to a buddy and he "air hugs" them, missing completely, and they nail him in the face, I can pretty much rule him out of the "athletic" category forever.

If it makes you feel better, I'll admit that being a world class powerlifter doesn't necessarily make you athletic either, as your definition would suggest.

Nobody will ever convince me that running marathons makes you athletic. I've seen way too many examples of the opposite.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Perfect way to split the meal. Mf gets the salad and SAD gets the rest. :)

I don't know if he could put away the salads. I never order just one entree.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Haha, you guys are funny.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't know if he could put away the salads. I never order just one entree.

I ate more sushi than you. Just saying. I mean it almost killed me and I was sick during the meet.

And don't give me the drol excuse. I was running drol too :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic