Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

bulk to cut transition plan

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
so, I am 20 weeks out and considering my "plan" to prep for the show. Here is my initial plan, feel free to critique it

I will use months since it is easier:

month 5
switched from 5 day split to 3 day split with 2 days HIIT and maintain calorie surplus to try and squeeze a bit more muscle out of it :)

month 4
continue 3 day split and HIIT dropping calories to lose 1-2lbs a week (shooting for 1.5)

month 3
start HST training cycle (preserves lean muscle mass when cutting-need that) and continue with 2 a week HIIT and reduced calories to maintain the 1.5lb a week weight loss.

month 2
continue HST and HIIT and if needed, add another HIIT session to help keep metabolism up...still watching calories to ensure 1.5lbs a week loss

last month...continue as month 2
if all goes as planned, I should be at my target weight/bf% by 3 weeks out...continue HST and HIIT up until the last week and have my last HST session the week before the show, the last HIIT will be Tuesday before the show...

so...thats the plan...making it work will be harder, but I am good about keeping tabs on my intake.

As far as supplements, I am switching to the pre contest SizeOn and will continue that and the kre-alkylyn up through about 4-6 weeks out and will be using some additional cutting help. I have considered using proviron and nolvadex, but do not want to have the rebound it has...so I am going to just work extra hard to do it sans those...I don't want all that hard work to go to hell immediately after the show LOL.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Your plan looks solid though kre-alkylyn is no better then monohydrate and doesn't need removed as it will help hold water intracellularly, increased muscle cell volume is good. I know this flys in the face of many "old school" trainers but if your bodyfat is where it should be creatine will do nothing but make you look fuller and have the much needed atp for energy. The most common study to show this is Creatine Supplementation Increases Total Body Water Without Altering Fluid Distribution but beyond that many guys run it right up to contest.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Awesome...I am really only using the kre alkylyn because its what I have...nice to know you can keep it up

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Note if you manage a post show taper down on the nolvadex, the rebound is probably no worse than the post-show recover itself.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Your plan looks solid though kre-alkylyn is no better then monohydrate and doesn't need removed as it will help hold water intracellularly, increased muscle cell volume is good. I know this flys in the face of many "old school" trainers but if your bodyfat is where it should be creatine will do nothing but make you look fuller and have the much needed atp for energy. The most common study to show this is Creatine Supplementation Increases Total Body Water Without Altering Fluid Distribution but beyond that many guys run it right up to contest.

Good to know & good article.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Note if you manage a post show taper down on the nolvadex, the rebound is probably no worse than the post-show recover itself.

hmmm....interesting, that does make me want to reconsider that option...so sassy, just the nolvadex and not proviron with it? I have wondered why so many stack the 2 when the nolvadex would provide what seems to be a decent product by itself. Perhaps I should at least get enough for a run and taper....just in case my body decides to fight for dear life to keep that ass fat LOL

my dear s.o. is suggesting I throw in peptides...I am not sure how I feel about that as far as cutting goes...I am interested in the anti aging and potential muscle growth from them, but just not sure I want to be a lab rat for them pre contest. Now, if I could find some good solid evidence that I could cut effectively while using peptides, then I would be interested....but have yet to find that info....

Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
It's pretty clear gh helps on a cut and ghrp2 plus mod grf increases natural gh production and release...but the question is do you need it to reach peak?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
It's pretty clear gh helps on a cut and ghrp2 plus mod grf increases natural gh production and release...but the question is do you need it to reach peak?

Thats a good question...probably not..but wouldn't mind the help keepinf the muscle I have worked so hard to gain...but gh itself is out of the question...cant afford it...peptidea I can

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'd say if you can afford peptides run a conservative dose of ghrp2/mod grf and maybe mt2 for a good base tan.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I hadnt even thoufht about the tanning one...I really need the tanning beds to clear up my skin...it is problematic even at my age LOL...Guess being oily means slower to wrinkle, so I shouldnt complain

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Use the tanning beds with mt2 and you will be black as a bean, I use it and get dark just being outside, upside to that is it's cheap.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So..do you get dark enough to skip the protan before a show? Lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic