Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Your worst job

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Damn Porky's haven't thought of that movie in awhile. I loved me some Graveyard Gloria... The freaky librarian... Funny as hell when he was beating off to national geographic... lmfao

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Roofing wins. If you ever want to convince your kid to go to college have him roof for a week and lump some bundles. Even though I tried thinking of the shingles as fluffy pillows of love it didn't work...

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Roofing wins. If you ever want to convince your kid to go to college have him roof for a week and lump some bundles. Even though I tried thinking of the shingles as fluffy pillows of love it didn't work...

A buddy gave it a try because It payed really well. Quit after the first day on the job.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010

I helped a buddy with roofing for a month during the summer awhile ago. It wasnt bad at all, just hot.

H

haydes55

Dec 11, 2013
My current job, ventilation service technician. I have to crawl through itchy insulation in temperatures as low as -5 degrees celcius, up to 65 degrees. On top of the extreme heat and rubbing my face through rat shit and glass fiber, I'm also pressured to sell products to customers every day. If I don't sell enough, my job is in jeopardy.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
When I was 16 I worked at Kmart. God that was so awful.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
E/H/S tech at a trash "recycling" facility on the west side. We were supposed to only get recyclable items ie paper, plastic, Styrofoam etc and process/bail it for sale to recyclers. In reality we got all sorts of REAL garbage including dead animals (sometimes human) and everything/anything that would fit in a garbage truck. I did get used to the smell after awhile but never got used to the work release crims that were working the conveyor lines. That job sucked every single day...inhaling all those chems/poisons on a daily basis was destroying my health...even my shit smelled like the chems. I was so glad when they fired me....

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Marines. Worst job I had hands down. Working parties, burning shitters, deploying to iraq, working 12-16 hr days regularly, humps, making less than minimum wage, etc...

When I was 16 I worked at Kmart. God that was so awful.

No shit! So did I when I was 16. Worked there from 16 till right before I left for bootcamp. It was ****ing horrible.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
I though it was digging footers for my uncle. Lived at his house while I did. Up at 5AM, nice breakfast and then head out, get home at 12PM. Man is a ****ing nut, nonstop work. Most by hand with a shovel, then lots of concrete work. But now that I have work at law firms for 15 years, I might like the footer work again. Had over 900 hours of overtime two years ago. Billed 2800 hours that year, plus the nonbillable work. I will do all I can to keep my daughters from following my path, as I hate every single day. Stress is enough you can feel it. Golden handcuffs though.

Also though the Army was a bad job, but it was not. I was support, no fighting, mostly in Germany. Got out after the first 4, but now see it was a good job.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Marines. Worst job I had hands down. Working parties, burning shitters, deploying to iraq, working 12-16 hr days regularly, humps, making less than minimum wage, etc...

No shit! So did I when I was 16. Worked there from 16 till right before I left for bootcamp. It was ****ing horrible.

My grandpa considers being a Marine the best job he ever had. He is 100% obsessed with having been a Marine. Has a zillion mugs and hats etc. Talks about it all the time.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
My worst job was working at alltech in the production factory of the feed additives. It was 12 hours of straight slave labor on night shift. Required to wear a respirator and sometimes a thin hazmat type suit. It was always extremely hot or extremely cold in there. Supposed to work 4 days a week but usually worked 2 days of mandatory overtime. Was required to shave every day due to the use of respirators, used to it from the army, but I wanted my damn beard. The respirators were "top quality" but you still had powders get inside and become a sweaty, sticky mud on your face. And depending on the compound, would sometimes burn and irritate your skin. Would always leave there smelling like burnt camel shit. Meanwhile, my wife was pregnant so I was dealing with that whole thing. " you work too much and just sleep when you're home" grrrrrrr

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic