Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Your preffered training time? (am/evening/pm, etc)

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
Just wanted to see what time a lot of you guys train at, and why

Because of work, just your preference, or do you find your performance better?

Ive always trained usually 6am, or early in the morning, afternoon at the latest (most of the times its due to trensomnia or prami messing with my sleep so I wake up and am up for the day so go and do the deed)

I wonder if any of you who train later at night notice a huge performance increase in the gym (due to having more food in you) or do you find your energy starts to drag later as the day goes on?

Thinking about trying to lift later at night (9-10pm start time) since im actually able to sleep now though. just wanted to get your guys takes on when and why.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I get to the gym between 5:30am - 5:45am.

I prefer training then because there are much fewer people, no teens especially, and not as many idiots in general.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Started 5am about a month ago because I started insulin. Have to say I like it and will continue am even after my blast for the same reasons flex just said...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
late morning.... around 11am. I've had at least 1 meal, I'm wide awake, and I work in the afternoon/evenings so I can't train later.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I was an evening but I'm flexible and my workout brother needs mornings.
Thought I would hate it but I love it! Totally different... More energy plus less interference.

Bigbird138

Bigbird138

Nov 21, 2014
Lunch time. Flexible work hours allow me to get a full workout in during my lunch break. To me it can't be beat. Got plenty of food in me, I'm up and wide awake, but not yet too tired from a long day. I'll switch it up sometimes and that's always nice, but I always go back to noon.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Best #'s seem to be hit in the afternoon for me.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Generally train from about 10 a.m. to noon. Very few people in the gym, so no waiting for equipment.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I prefer evenings after work but everyone goes at that time. It's a trade off

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I do whatever the work schedule permits. It at least stays steady for a while.

I was doing nights but work changed again which f's up my morning cardio and I have to use the "fit gym" sometimes for training which I usually like for cardio.

Crappy lifting equipment and not enough variety for my liking but hella cardio shit.

H

CelluliteBurned

CelluliteBurned

Jun 24, 2015
Preferred training timing is in morning. The early you start the better it would be.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic