Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Yet another squat vid....405 x 3; no belt or knee wraps.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Gained some ground on squats today. Not a new 1 rep max, but a new max triple at 4 plates with no belt or wraps.

First time almost 20 years I've even attempted more than a single at 4 plates without a belt.

Happy as phuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Wow great depth the pause just shows you are strong as hell nice job brother.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Deft strong and you got the depth but a lot of but wink going on and ur gm out of it..
Need some work on the form.... Just being constructive no flame.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Deft strong and you got the depth but a lot of but wink going on and ur gm out of it..
Need some work on the form.... Just being constructive no flame.

Yes, I have to second that. It looks like you're using your lower back to lift the weight. Great lift otherwise!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I don't know how to stop the "butt wink" when I go deep without a belt. When I use wraps and a belt I don't think that happens; at the very least it's not as bad.

Also, as I said, this was my first multiple at 405 without belt/wraps and that last rep felt like it took me about an hour to wrench it out.

Max attempts are rarely pretty with perfect form.

Was still happy to grind this out today.

I've been lifting again for 3 years (after 7 years off) and I haven't even seen a decent 3 plate squat yet from anyone else, let alone 4 plates.

45 yrs old and running cirlces around the young wankers at my gym. :)

Appreciate all the comments and the constructive criticism guys.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Damn good job at any age... but 45 is good shit....keep it rolling and stay healthy bro.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I'm sure you heard this a million times already but push your chest out shoulders back n push off the heels.... Stay tight don't relax... I bet BI can look at that vid and be able to give you some better tips than me... Maybe post the vid up in the training section for more feedback... If you ask for criticism you will get more help...
And looking really good at 45 flex that's good shit!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
As others have said, great work and a great lift. Notice how your head is almost looking down at the start of the ascent, one of the reasons you're falling forward. Try and sit back into it which allows your hips to open. keeping your head up (at the least forward) will help you to keep your chest out and your shoulders will be less likely to drop forward.

If you watch from 0.39 right at the start of the squat your head is in the right position, then as you descend it keeps on dropping down to ground at the same rate you are ?! Once you're pushing out of the pause it drops further forward even more and your shoulders round which would put more strain through your lower back rather than allowing your legs to drive the weight back up.

Just be aware of this, make sure you're strengthening your posterior chain when you train your ancillary movements. You actually have really good biomechanics for squatting, keep up the good work MF.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
In on Flex's thread. Nice work. In for the suggestions and learning.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Hard to tell from the video, but do you (or have you tried) squatting in shoes with a heel on them?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic