Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Yet another squat vid....405 x 3; no belt or knee wraps.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I do the same thing with my squats , so thanks for posting up now I have some advice to follow

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't know how to stop the "butt wink" when I go deep without a belt. When I use wraps and a belt I don't think that happens; at the very least it's not as bad.

Also, as I said, this was my first multiple at 405 without belt/wraps and that last rep felt like it took me about an hour to wrench it out.

Max attempts are rarely pretty with perfect form.

Was still happy to grind this out today.

I've been lifting again for 3 years (after 7 years off) and I haven't even seen a decent 3 plate squat yet from anyone else, let alone 4 plates.

45 yrs old and running cirlces around the young wankers at my gym. :)

Appreciate all the comments and the constructive criticism guys.

To kill the butt-wink you'd have to bring your hands in closer to tighten the upper back and you'd need to build more strength in the lower back and glutes... Honestly I'd say fuck it for now. Slowly bring up the lower back, but I think if you tried to bring your hands in you'll fuck up your elbows and regret it...

You're absolutely right. Max efforts never look good. You should see my ME box squats. I shift the weight back and forth from the quads to the glutes so I wind up doing this thing that looks like a dance lol

The pause is evil... I love it. You're definitely good to go for a 500 single.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
The pause is evil... I love it. You're definitely good to go for a 500 single.
Yeah, I don't think you are far off. You've definately got a good amount of power out of the hole with this weight.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, I don't think you are far off. You've definately got a good amount of power out of the hole with this weight.

He'll have tons of power coming out of the hole if he doesn't pause and lets the stretch reflex do its thing... I would love to see him just unleash on 545.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
hope your knees hold up. Mine are eaten away

gator_mclusky

gator_mclusky

RIP
Sep 20, 2010
Impressive power and w/o belt and knee wraps.....nice!

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Nice job bro, those are some deep squats!!!

heavydeads83

heavydeads83

Feb 11, 2013
those are some beautiful squats man. keep up the great work. i wrap my knees at 405 every time you just made me feel like a candy ass. impressive bro.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
The butt wink is from letting loose with your lower arc not the upper arc and hand placement has nothing to do with it.

You need to mentally be aware of it and focus on it you need to have someone watch you squat when correcting this so when your consistently told your no longer winking you know what you did and how it felt.

You need to keep your glutes tight, when these are relaxed you can wink.

Keep it simple and focus on 2 things:

1 keeping glutes tight the entire lift
2 sitting back the whole lift

Lifts have 2 arcs the upper arc and lower and both need to stay tight the whole time, letting loose at the bottom of a squat is a common mistake.

You want to fix that wink fast squat off a box it will teach you to stay tight and sit back, do not touch and go do not plop on the box.

Your strong brother and will squat heavier weight with some adjustments, your forum is not that bad it's much more on the good side the bad.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic