Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Would you rather be huge or strong

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Well I enjoy PLing, to move 5,6,700 pounds under my own power and determination is very gratifying. I work in a very hostile environment and to say it has zero effectiveness in a fight is wrong. All I can say is that it has been beneficial to me and my survival at times over the past 20 yrs. Im not bashing anyones ideology or opinions I am just stating facts from my own personal experiences. Flame on.....

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Id rather be strong than big, no sense in being big, if u have to maintain that... Id rather maintain strength

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I prefer to be huge muscular,oiled up posing in a thong i front of a male dominated audience we call bb lol.on a serious note I like to be big with strength like I was in my 20s but not the case any more.being in the building trade definitely strength has been beneficial.no use being big and weak

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Reality Check:

There are lots of people who do manual labor for work and almost none of them are powerlifters. They're just regular dudes. At no point in this conversation have you proven the point that lifting many many hundreds of pounds has a practical use. It doesn't. Beyond a certain amount of strength, it is just for vanity. There are ~7 billion people on this globe. Percentage-wise, almost none of them are powerlifters, because it's a sport and not a part of any person's practical life.

In this VERY small sample segment, you've had many people already tell you how having "powerlifter" strength is practical and important in their lives. I don't have to elaborate when you're busy ducking and dodging all of the examples so that you can respond to me.

Here you go, again. practical - of or resulting from practice or action as opposed to theory

Is being strong useful? Yes. Is deadlifting 800 pounds useful, ever? No. If you ever do need to move an 800-pound thing it will not be shaped like a barbell and you still won't be able to move it alone, or very far.

Don't try to change what this is about. We are not debating whether or not you'll ever have to do a back squat or perfect deadlift in daily life outside the gym, we ARE debating whether or not the overall strength level achieved by powerlifters is useful in the real world. See above.

If you want to talk about sounding young and ignorant, stop making up fake black friends to try to "win" internet arguments, for starters.

:-?

Meanwhile, your "powerlifter strength" is exactly 0% useful in a fight. skilled fighter > strong fighter.

As a skilled fighter, I sincerely disagree.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I rest my mothafvckin case.

1489039_672779129409927_1495087863_n.jpg

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Marius is a best.i heard he would plough into 3 women a night before his contest as it gave him the edge.i don't know if its true but a true Alfa male right there or on the flip side you have Kai green ****ing a grape fruit awesome physic and strong mother.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I have to be honest here.....when I was at my biggest or even just pretty big I couldn't carry the shopping home without constantly stopping due to shoulders/arms getting pumped up. I find BBing has a detrimental effect on every day life.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
Huge....

Unless I was actually paid to be strong

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
HGH said:
Meanwhile, your "powerlifter strength" is exactly 0% useful in a fight. skilled fighter > strong fighter.

As a guy who trains MMA fighters I can say you are completely wrong. If you have two guys, both equally trained in striking and grappling (same skill level) the bigger, stronger fighter wins every time. This is simply a law of nature. You must be thinking early days UFC when you had a smallish but highly skilled guy basically fighting untrained people (read, people who trained in complete bullshit fantasy "martial arts")

If this were not true there would be no weight classes in boxing and other fighting sports. Strength def make a lot of difference. I have seen over and over again a college wrestler who was jacked to the gills give some of the top black belts I train with a beating. When skill is equal, size, strength and endurance win period.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
As a guy who trains MMA fighters I can say you are completely wrong. If you have two guys, both equally trained in striking and grappling (same skill level) the bigger, stronger fighter wins every time. This is simply a law of nature. You must be thinking early days UFC when you had a smallish but highly skilled guy basically fighting untrained people (read, people who trained in complete bullshit fantasy "martial arts")

If this were not true there would be no weight classes in boxing and other fighting sports. Strength def make a lot of difference. I have seen over and over again a college wrestler who was jacked to the gills give some of the top black belts I train with a beating. When skill is equal, size, strength and endurance win period.

You beat me to it. But yes gunslinger nailed it down correctly here.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Well difficult to answer as I want to be big enough so I look good but not be huge as in pro BB world. How strong are we talking here just raw brut power for one rep. I think both in the way the question was laid out would be bad for me and my life style.

So I punked out on the answer. I don't want either. Right in the middle for me!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic