Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Would you rather be huge or strong

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I prefer to just be strong. I focus on a good 3 rep max and 5 rep max and because I rarely max out in training I can put on size fairly quickly. But and its a huge but, I will never be lean because the amount of calories it takes to keep energy up and maintain my bodyweight. My bodyweight maxed at 280ish. No matter what I ate I couldn't seem to get above that weight. I also couldn't tie my own shoes so now I wear all slip on shoes lol... Wife didn't like it either because of my labored breathing and snoring. She is happier now that I'm at about 250.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I would want a great physique, I don't care about strength when it comes between the two. A great physique gets you a lot of looks and attention from the ladies and it intimidates men that don't take care of their bodies. rt...

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
If I had to pick one it would be strength.

I don't know how one gets strength without the size though. Been hovering in the 260's this year and got a 1425 total in competition in August.

Hoping for a 1500 total next comp as my shoulder heals and my bench slowly creeps up.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
If I had to pick one it would be strength.

I don't know how one gets strength without the size though. Been hovering in the 260's this year and got a 1425 total in competition in August.

Hoping for a 1500 total next comp as my shoulder heals and my bench slowly creeps up.

Some of it is genetics, some of it is style of training. Look at Mini on here...guy is strong as f*** and only 160lbs.

What muscle fibers you genetically have more of and the way you lift makes a big difference.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
There's no way you were 6% or under without a 6 pack. You just weren't that low. 6% is absolutely freakin shredded.

It was tested twice with an immersion tank. Yes it was 5.9% and yes I was shredded. Complete with cross striations on my tris and quads. I don't have the genetics period. I'm ok wit that though. I had much rather be 220 and 18% and strong than 160 and shredded and weak as hell. Sure, everyone would love to be huge as f uck and shredded but the reality is there are only a handful of people with the genetics to do that even with huge amounts of drugs.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I don't care about how strong I am, nobody outside of a gym would ever know what I can do so it's about the physique for me....at least you see the results of your work all the time.

Reactions: HGH
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
It was tested twice with an immersion tank. Yes it was 5.9% and yes I was shredded. Complete with cross striations on my tris and quads. I don't have the genetics period. I'm ok wit that though. I had much rather be 220 and 18% and strong than 160 and shredded and weak as hell. Sure, everyone would love to be huge as f uck and shredded but the reality is there are only a handful of people with the genetics to do that even with huge amounts of drugs.

Zack Khan can get insanely lean but BARELY has visible ab separation. Some peoples' abs just aren't that 3D

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Zack Khan can get insanely lean but BARELY has visible ab separation. Some peoples' abs just aren't that 3D

That's how I am. I don't have nice abs, but that's cool. I just wanna be big and strong.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

Yeah but he is a fuc kin super hero man...lol

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Ill take strength over being huge any day. No way would I want to be 275+ pounds.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic