Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Would you be upset?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I think macs post is spot on. Shortz as well. Youre looking for an atta boy, who gives a shit. Its a menial gym movement, big deal. You act as if you released the trade secrets for microsoft.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I was in Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago doing preacher bench curls with my training partner, working to failure and then doing a shitload of burns at the end. Some old fart local hero they call "Larry" walks up to us and has a hissy fit because we weren't calling them "Scott" curls. Lol

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You are clearly exceptionally mistaken.

Wow...OK you were serious.

Actually this is my personal "programming' It was derived from years and years of training clients. ..
Took me years to perfect this exact motion, rep ranges, time under tension and frequency of the exercise. This was not just some random movement.

I am curious to this abundance of research. What did your studies show that exactly 20 reps along with 5 sets was so magical? What did the study groups look like that only performed 8-10 reps? How about those that did only 3 sets, or what about the groups that did 6 or 8 sets? As frequency goes, in your studies, what was the increase in growth in the group that trained these movements 3 times per week vs only 1. Did you also standardize the diets, supplementation, and other training across these groups when you were doing your "years of research"?

Maybe you are unaware that I also work as an Expert Trainer/Strength trainer. I also train teams, including some H.S and some College Athletes, but that portion is limited. I also currently do supplementation for in excess of 30+ pro athletes. I am paid to do just this.

Well I have heard of Brandon Lily and to be honest, never of you. You obviously have quite a high opinion of yourself, but in watching a few of your videos, I have to chuckle a little. You seem like every other repackaged bro-science spewer out there. Except for one thing....most of your videos views dont even reach 1000. Apparently most of the worlds view of you is not in line with how highly you think of yourself.

Capture_zpsectwkqct.jpg

I have had this on various strength boards for a decade.

Awesome. You claim that this will add 1-2" to your traps in only 2 months. So over 10 years, I am guessing your traps are....10' tall?

. Do some research.

I have done quite a bit. And doing reps with 45lbs in each had is not going to do sh!t for you. I have probably shrugged 10 times in my life. But yet I have built some pretty good traps. Deadlifting has a way of doing that. Maybe I should patent that and call it my secret trap building method.

You know what else builds great traps?....AAS. In interest of full transparency, I think it is incumbent upon all to give full information. For years the fitness industry has done a great disservice by promising this magic exercise (say "Inman shrugs") can be a key to great trap growth. The truth is the traps especially respond better than any muscle to AAS due to the amount of androgen receptors located there. (delts are a close second). So yes....lifting 45's and whatever way you want....hell even carrying grocery bags for old ladies will give you big traps. The funny thing is you think it is your scientific method that came up with it.

In closing....I think it is much more likely your years of heavy training that have built your traps and not some silly thing that you think someone ripped off from you. Showing your lack of knowledge...it is not soreness or "feeling it" that is an indicator of a good workout. You have trained heavy and done so for years. That is much more likely to be responsible for building your physique.

Capture1_zpsliwzcdzl.jpg

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
My videos were kept as low key as possible, made them for fun mostly and some of them were for clients to refer to, certain movements. I dont see my videos as anything but fun. Nothing egotistical, circus like and fun sure. We did that with our training group all the time. I don't think highly of myself, but I am a an athlete and an experienced competitor and I deserve credit for anything I create, including my supplements, etc.. Just because you have not heard of me doesn't mean I haven't been here, educated, working, competing for 20+ years.

Just bc Lilly is a great Powerlifter, doesn't mean he isn't a thief and a fraud. Wont respond to your 2000 word response. I read a bit of it and then saw that it was a novel and just don't have time to read it all, nor do I truly care what you think of me. Fact is I created the method and it was stolen. From what it appears you took all the time to investigate my background, not a second to mention a word about "the cube method" and where it originated, or that it was stolen. No respect for your bias.

What have you created in this industry?? Worthwhile? that you sell, or that you care about? How would you feel if it was stolen?

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I know I had Larry Scott so pissed that I stole his method that he was about to drink a diet Pepsi with a coffee chaser

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
What have you created in this industry??

I have never made a dime off the "industry". Honestly I help all kinds of people....for free. I choose to make my money elsewhere frankly. I see trying to make money in fitness as a line I was never interested in crossing. I look at the compromises people have to make to "sell" stuff.

They have to make up silly exercises and rebrand them, then act like there is something revolutionary about what they are telling people to do. They have to rep and shill sh!tty supplements on people, promising them they will actually have some effect.

If this looks like your own job description, well....that explains why I have never "created" anything in this industry. There is already waaay too much garbage out there and my own moral standards prevent me from doing what would be necessary to make a living doing it.

I do what I do for me....and give to others (including my time) for free as well. I like it better that way. People dont need to "steal" from me because I give it all for free.

Respect for many years of solid training and good strength for sure. I just know enough about training, nutrition, science, and have been around long enough that I know there is very few revolutionary stuff out there. However there is no lack of people repackaging, renaming, and re-branding the same stuff over and over trying to make a dime.

Last edited:
wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I have never made a dime off the "industry". Honestly I help all kinds of people....for free. I choose to make my money elsewhere frankly. I see trying to make money in fitness as a line I was never interested in crossing. I look at the compromises people have to make to "sell" stuff.

They have to make up silly exercises and rebrand them, then act like there is something revolutionary about what they are telling people to do. They have to rep and shill sh!tty supplements on people, promising them they will actually have some effect.

If this looks like your own job description, well....that explains why I have never "created" anything in this industry. There is already waaay too much garbage out there and my own moral standards prevent me from doing what would be necessary to make a living doing it.

I do what I do for me....and give to others (including my time) for free as well. I like it better that way. People dont need to "steal" from me because I give it all for free.

Respect for many years of solid training and good strength for sure. I just know enough about training, nutrition, science, and have been around long enough that I know there is very few revolutionary stuff out there. However there is no lack of people repackaging, renaming, and re-branding the same stuff over and over trying to make a dime.

Fair enough. I do understand what you are saying and certainly have a point.

For the record I do still use Arnold Curls from time to time :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have never made a dime off the "industry". Honestly I help all kinds of people....for free. I choose to make my money elsewhere frankly. I see trying to make money in fitness as a line I was never interested in crossing.

I do the same for the most part. I gave up on trying to make a good living in the exercise world. It's so inflated with self made gurus (I know, because I used to be one until I saw the light) and these weekend warriors that don't even look like they lift, making lots of money off of fake, shit workouts and bad nutrition, that it's hard for someone being honest to even make it. Women don't want to hear that weight lifting is an essential part of health and fat loss, things like that, so you sometimes have to sell them on what the industry tells them they need, like Julianne Michaels (sp) late night commercials.

Instead, these days, I just share a lot of my knowledge that I gained. I owe it to a lot of others, so I can't really claim it as my own. Even my workout system is a collaboration of simple training principles that most of you know, it's just a matter of how they get applied and then, to make it more complex, it is adjusted based on how the athlete/client responds. I have a system of determining how to apply it based on conditioning, strength, and lifting experience. However, I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually come across someone doing something similar.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Cheating is the reason I love armpit/monkey rows. Similar concept in that, even if you cheat on the shrug, the movement requires less weight and the act of bending your elbows as you do the movement forces the traps to activate.

Oh wait, ahem, I meant, shortz rows, not armpit rows. Yeah, that's sounds good. FROM THIS DAY FORTH... lol

Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
Looks similar to RDL DB shrugs...using plates instead.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic