Would you be upset?

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Training and Strength techniques' started by wesleyinman, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TenaciousA

TenaciousA VIP Member

Mar 31, 2013
  2. wesleyinman

wesleyinman VIP Member

Jan 9, 2014

Thanks Al. As always a class act. Miss seeing you at the gym.

I have let it go. Ironic I actually got paid recently to film my Shrug technique for a Supplement Company. I have experimented for so many years with myself and my clients to get my programming down. 100+ comps in 20 years (bbing, strongman, powerlifting and Highland games) and still minimal respect.

I hope when I am your age Al and I am saying this with 100% respect I am as strong physically and mentally as you. Thank you to everyone here for the critiques and feedback. I am still learning. I am proud of the few things I have brought to this community.

UncleAl likes this.
  3. EastCoast1

EastCoast1 VIP Member

Jul 20, 2015
    You're damn right everyone knows. I remember when I was in middleschool gym class, being introduced to the weights, they sat us down and showed us a 20min video on Wesley Inman the creator of the Inman Shrug™. I am pretty sure this is a regular curriculum among all schools, and why the Inman Shrug™ is known by EVERYONE.

Additionally when you join a gym, any gym, there is a section on the waiver that asks "Are you familiar with the Inman Shrug™?" If one were to check the "no" box, they are instructed on the proper form, and history of the Inman Shrug™. This is pretty much common knowledge. I would estimate roughly tens of people know about the Inman Shrug™.

In my professional opinion I would hire an attorney and have him draft a "cease and desist" letter to Brandon Lilly. In this letter I would also ask for a sizable sum of money for not only your emotional distress, but for him making an instructional video of the Inman Shrug™ without the expressed written consent of Wesley Inman Co llc ltd. One other thing you could mention is the loss of revenue you incurred by people thinking they were doing the Lilly Shrug(patent pending), when in reality they were doing the Inman Shrug™, thus you losing copious amount of royalties, both monetarily, and in the form of free supplements.

What I think I am most pissed about is them removing the pictures of you and Arnold doing Inman Shrugs™ at the Venice Golds. Those images were iconic, and part of why many of us got into lifting in the first place.

I wouldn't let this get you down. Keep innovating. Keep Inventing. Keep pushing the envelope and being on the cutting edge of shrug technology. And most of all stay humble, as that is truly your best quality. If you lose your ability to stay grounded, you have lost this battle my friend. At the end of the day, people will try and imitate, but you, and EVERYONE else knows you created the Inman Shrug™, the exercise that revolutionized bodybuilding, and strength sports as we know it. Without you, and your tireless efforts there would be no Phil Heath, or Brandon Lilly for that matter. Just a bunch of lost souls, doing regular ole shrugs, with barbells, dumbbells, or plates(not to be confused with Inman Shrug™).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  4. RAIDEN

RAIDEN VIP Member

Feb 22, 2012
    This Jelqin thing, please tell me more sir.

5. IronCore

IronCore Bigger Than MAYO - VIP

Sep 9, 2010
    I'd be pissed Wes... just like schultz1 got pissed when he saw RAIDEN giving out a Double Fisted ZJ's... He KNEW graniteman invented those and using him as the test subject... Seriously though... your an accomplished guy.. be honored, unless you patented it, you posted it on the INTERNET... free reign my friend... When I do squats on the Smith Machine I call them Lizard King's

6. Go Away

Go Away TID Board Of Directors

Dec 28, 2011
    Spit eggs because I busted out laughing while reading this. The eggs landed on a drawing I just did of PillarofBalance reading from a dessert spreadsheet to one of his clients.

7. Go Away

Go Away TID Board Of Directors

Dec 28, 2011
    Nice to have you back.

8. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    Just got done doing inman shrugs

9. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    You need to post that pic

10. RAIDEN

RAIDEN VIP Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Speak for yourself. Wish IC would elope with gman and stay gone.

wesleyinman and Go Away like this.
  11. wesleyinman

wesleyinman VIP Member

Jan 9, 2014
    If he simply posted that, it would be classic. I agree. Made me laugh.

His 5000 word response ruined it.

EastCoast, did you get beat up alot in high school?

12. graniteman

graniteman VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Baaaahahaha..''Tens of people'' ..rotflmao...

wesleyinman likes this.