Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

World's Strongest Teenager

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's a vid of a junior WR holder. And this AINT some bullshit gym lift. Pat has NEVER beat these lifts in a meet and he's MUCH heavier:

I know the music sucks. Illum is a 94kg lifter and not weighing in at 130kg like Mendes.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's THE SHW to watch for in the future and YOUNGER than Pat:

You want me to keep going b/c I got a person for DAMN near every weight class who out lifts Mendes and is JUST as young. Mendes is strong, no one will question that but as an Oly lifter he'll never be anything special. He has A LOT of work ahead of him and he needs the right coaching to see if he'll become anything.

There was rumors that he would leave the US and go to Brazil b/c he has dual citizenship but guess what... Brazil has a SHW who's better than Mendes to and so he isn't going to lift for any other country.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Akkaev is a 25yo

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Impressive vids BI but Pat is still impressive as hell. I'd like to see squat and bench videos of these other guys as well. Its all well and good to be strong at one thing but all around is better IMO. Hype or not Pat is still stronger than 99% of the people on this board will ever be, so I'm not going to take anything away from him.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Here's THE SHW to watch for in the future and YOUNGER than Pat:

You want me to keep going b/c I got a person for DAMN near every weight class who out lifts Mendes and is JUST as young. Mendes is strong, no one will question that but as an Oly lifter he'll never be anything special. He has A LOT of work ahead of him and he needs the right coaching to see if he'll become anything.

There was rumors that he would leave the US and go to Brazil b/c he has dual citizenship but guess what... Brazil has a SHW who's better than Mendes to and so he isn't going to lift for any other country.

Another Iranian just took a gold at the Olympics... Iran sucks but they are producing some huge lifters

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Awesome display of power and strengh!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Impressive vids BI but Pat is still impressive as hell. I'd like to see squat and bench videos of these other guys as well. Its all well and good to be strong at one thing but all around is better IMO. Hype or not Pat is still stronger than 99% of the people on this board will ever be, so I'm not going to take anything away from him.

He is still impressive, no doubt. If you want to see the best ALL around lifter who started out as an Oly Lifter check out Misha Koklyaev:

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I miss being 19 man, if I could go back I would done twice as much juice lol

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Pb the Iran govt are scum but Iranians persians are nice people.i have met many Persians and they love there lifting just love it.you know why there so good it's there genetics.if you look back at there history they have traveled the world and integrated with all races.fast forward today and you have these great lifters coming out of Iran.the other thing Pb if you ever travel to the middle east they do not look down at lifters and bbs.they do not care about the use of anabolic use in there athletes.to them it shows strength and courage.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Brother iron why isn't the us producing Olympic lifters.the us is the 3 largest populated country in the world.i bet there's a country boy out there that has the potential to beat all these guys but is it that there isn't a good structure in place to develop these young guys.love to get you opinion on this and what you think they could do to improve it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Brother iron why isn't the us producing Olympic lifters.the us is the 3 largest populated country in the world.i bet there's a country boy out there that has the potential to beat all these guys but is it that there isn't a good structure in place to develop these young guys.love to get you opinion on this and what you think they could do to improve it.

It's simple why we (the USA) suck at Olympic weightlifting. They get no funding and I mean NO funding. Track & Field, Swimming, etc all get serious funding through the government and also through private donations from big business. We also suck b/c there isn't Olympic Weightlifting in the schools at a young age. In other countries like China, kids begin to learn the lifts by age 8. Most of the kids here learn in their teens ie. 15-16yo so they're already considerably behind.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic