Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Womens Weight Loss

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
so I am the same height (er, 5'2 1/2 actually) and it is very unreasonable for me LOL, perhaps I am just heavier than most my size?

Hell no girl! You are all muscle that is why you aren't hanging out in the 110 range!! At 110 I was a size 2 and at 120-125 I am still a size 2, so you are spot on w/ the recomping :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
yep, I wear a size 2 til about 135 LOL

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
just my humble opinion...but 10-15lbs off of you would seem awful skinny....I agree...ditch the idea of weight as your goal and work on building some muscles :) Your weight isn't out of a healthy range, but since you are expressing concern with it I would suggest just finding the lifting workout you can live with and just stick to it. It takes a little time to replace body fat with muscle, but it is well worth it. Imagine never losing a lb but dropping 2 pant sizes....that is what body recomposition can do for you, and it takes lifting weights to get that. Welcome to the den, I am sure you will find ample resources here to help you find your way..

Ok, I see. Women who are mostly or all muscle weigh more than women with more body fat. Well I should have known that. A size 2 I would love to see again. I think 2008 was the last time I fit in a size 2. At that time I was running 6 miles a couple of times a week and attending gym class but I weighed about 115. I'm 129 now...So being tone falls under a different way of measurement. As long as the tape measure is going down then I shouldn't worry about the scale, good advise. I keep seeing women with sculpted arms and I want those!!!..lol I just have no idea how. I thought if I lost the weight and did the weights at the gym then it would happen. I just need to be patient ..watch my calories and protein, lift, and measure.
Thanks,
Teej

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for all the Welcomes to the Den!! :)

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
What is a great body fat percentage goal for a newbie?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
A healthy bf goal is 20-25% for a woman, big getting an accurate bf reading can be difficult. If you can find a mobile body fat truck that uses hydrostatic weighing (underwater) it will give you about the most accurate you can get. Also heard good things about dexa scans...bodpod is OK, better than calipers and everything is better than those scales at he lol.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just throwing this out there but most local colleges have bod pods and some even have the water tank method available .

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
A healthy bf goal is 20-25% for a woman, big getting an accurate bf reading can be difficult. If you can find a mobile body fat truck that uses hydrostatic weighing (underwater) it will give you about the most accurate you can get. Also heard good things about dexa scans...bodpod is OK, better than calipers and everything is better than those scales at he lol.

okay thanks I will check it out.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Welcome to the Den, Teej, best to you as you reach your goals...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome T, to the Iron den. thanks for joining

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic