Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Womens Weight Loss

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I'm looking for information on weight loss and muscle toning for women. I'm 47 5'3" 129# and want to lose 10 to 15 more and tone tone tone.... I've started weights at the gym and I do cardio walk-run and elliptical 2 or 3 times a week. The last 10 isn't budging. As far as my diet I'm been on JJ Virgin's diet for a couple of months. Oatmeal, fruits veggies fish and chicken. No: dairy, eggs, peanuts, gluten, soy or artificial crap. I eat grain fed and free range sometime but it isn't affordable for all the time.

Is more cardio the answer or Up my weights or both? I'm wimpy compared to the women here on the site. I've just started pushing myself to lift more on the machines.. 60lbs is the most so I have lots of room for improvement.

Is there a forum thread that would help me most? I've looked around through some but I need a lower starter level to begin with. I know if I can kick this last 15lbs in the butt I will be where I want to be with how I look.

Thanks,
Teej

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Welcome to the den !

My first recommendation because you're wanting to tone is to really focus on building the muscle , toss the scale and grab a tape measure! Sounds like you're eating very well , make sure you're eating .8-1g proteins per lb and grab a trainer to set up and walk you through a good 4-5 day split for weights :)

We get so caught up on the number when honestly we have no idea what the difference actually looks like ! How many times have you heard I just want to lose 10lbs but when you get there you're not even close !!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
This is being moved to the new members section as this isn't a journal

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
Thank You DangerousCurves. I do have P90x and worked it for a couple of months... I don't think I used enough weight though so I didn't push myself with the weights like they recommended. There is a split involved and I think that is what your referring to. My bf has some weights so now I can use those. I was only using 8 lbs or so...I will check into my protein intake and grab my tape measure.. :)
Thanks!

RottenRogue thanks for moving my thread to the correct place :)

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I'm not a big proponent of p90x , it's good cardio IMO ... But it sounded like you had a gym, if thats not the case then it could be a substitute ...

An example of my current split is
Mon:squat- leg day
Tue: back
Wednesday: biceps and chest
Thursday : deadlift -leg day
Friday : tricep and shoulders

T

Teej2013

Mar 27, 2013
Oh yes I do have a gym... was thinking I could use his routine at the gym or on bf's weights instead. Looking into.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Welcome to the den teej. I am sure you will find plenty of suggestions and help from the folks here. Good luck in your quest.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
just my humble opinion...but 10-15lbs off of you would seem awful skinny....I agree...ditch the idea of weight as your goal and work on building some muscles :) Your weight isn't out of a healthy range, but since you are expressing concern with it I would suggest just finding the lifting workout you can live with and just stick to it. It takes a little time to replace body fat with muscle, but it is well worth it. Imagine never losing a lb but dropping 2 pant sizes....that is what body recomposition can do for you, and it takes lifting weights to get that. Welcome to the den, I am sure you will find ample resources here to help you find your way..

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Teej and welcome! I’m not as experienced as most on this site, but since you and I pretty close in age, weight and height I thought I would add my .02. About 8 years ago I lost 52 pounds. I am not familiar with your diet, but I did mine following Body For Life. I too did cardio 3x a week and lifted for toning. I eventually found homeostasis at 108 lbs- it took an entire year to get to this weight mind you. This is not an unreasonable weight for women our height :) I don’t know how long you have been working to get those last 10 lbs off, but I remember hitting a plateau for about a month and then one day I stepped on the scale and I had gone down by 10 lbs. My advice is to keep at it.

Good luck with reaching your goals!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
[email protected], so I am the same height (er, 5'2 1/2 actually) and it is very unreasonable for me LOL, perhaps I am just heavier than most my size?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic