severedthumbz
What's New?

Women on the front line

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
At the Ranger and up level, there might be a higher physical standard the females can't possible meet. But I've seen plenty of fat shit, no gas having NoGos carrying rifles in theater and nobody's bitching about them.

For basic Infantry units and Arty, I say let 'em share the casualties. Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Plenty of females serving are more than happy to stay out of line units. That said, I haven't seen many FRONT LINES in the last 40yrs of warfare and they're already in harm's way so that argument is moot.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
@Mike_RN - You're right, pussies are pussies regardless of sex. But come on man. If my big ass goes down and needs to be carried or dragged to safety, there's very few females that I served with that could have done it. We tried it one day at WLC and this 300+ PT score black girl thought she could fireman-carry me through a course. She couldn't hold my 300lb (270 pt score) deadweight for 1 step. Gave her my full dead weight for a drag too. She pulled me MAYBE five feet in 3inch increments and after falling down with her feet in the middle of my back for the 3rd time, she quit. It's simply a physical thing. There's not many women I know that could be the combination of strength/speed/stamina that war fighters are. It's just that simple. If they keep standards exactly the same, no woman will ever make any special forces or ranger selection. But many will make it through 11B OSUT and be deployed with our brothers and sons and husbands and fathers etc, only to find out during the first firefight that they can't keep up physically. Does anyone here seriously doubt the physical advantages of being a man?!
Big ****er like you, I ain't carrying you either. Me and another cat will be dragging you by the harness :)

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
I broke off and ran and the ship unloaded its deck guns and turned those dune-coons into pink mist. .

OMG I just pissed my self........................................lol, thank you for that.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I am for affirmative action in this area. I say draft women, and only women, for the next hundred wars. Let them be our boots on the ground in the Middle East and let them exercise their right to be slaughtered by the thousands the way our male soldiers have been in the past. Let them realize on their own, from their wheelchairs and VA hospital beds, that this equal rights shit was not all it was cracked up to be.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
No. No place for a woman.

If we were like the jihadists and other savages and used suicide bombs strapped to women (and even children) as weapons, perhaps US women could have a place in combat. But we're better than those animals.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well, I'm not deploying anymore, but I am really excited by the prospect of better food, a cleaner hootch and much less sex.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
The Vietcong, Kurds, Israelis and many other standing armies thru history can demonstrate the effectiveness of well trained and motivated female war fighters. I served with females that shot expert 100% of their range time, Maxed their PT scores even by men's standards measured and handled the psychological side of deployment better than some of the "tough-guys" in my unit.

i agree we are different but if the combat units level the testing standards, I'd still rather be in a fighting position with a crack shot motivated woman than some of the useless heavy-drop dregs that end up in line units because they're too dumb for a good MOS.

You do make some very good points mike, and I can agree. But the standards do need to be the same. I've seen many girls shoot expert as well, and like it was no big deal. And I've seen some "hardass guys" barely qualify. I don't think combat mos should be awarded to any idiot that can't perform in combat. But we both know it happens every day. Recruiters push idiots into infantry if they can't score high enough on the asvab, and the infantry gets a bad rep for it. Majority of the time, the guy will perform better in combat, but the is a small percentage of females that can fit in.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
The Vietcong, Kurds, Israelis and many other standing armies thru history can demonstrate the effectiveness of well trained and motivated female war fighters. I served with females that shot expert 100% of their range time, Maxed their PT scores even by men's standards measured and handled the psychological side of deployment better than some of the "tough-guys" in my unit.

i agree we are different but if the combat units level the testing standards, I'd still rather be in a fighting position with a crack shot motivated woman than some of the useless heavy-drop dregs that end up in line units because they're too dumb for a good MOS.

Straight up!!!!!!!!!! :)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I have no doubt that there is a small minority of women who could physically meet the requirements, both physical and mental. So from that point of view as long as the requirements for access to those positions do not change, I would think it would be OK.

However, I'm not sure I fully understand how this might work in combat situations where a soldier has to make a split second decision where the lives of his team are on the line. In those situations, I think a man's initial instinct is to help the female team member first, and in some situations this would be the wrong thing to do. I guess what I'm getting at is how significant would be training need to be to train the male soldiers NOT to be deferential to the safety of the female soldiers in their unit? I suppose it could be done, but it would require a significant amount of training to do.

Another question I have is what happens when a female soldier is captured, and the enemy begins using the female soldier for either propaganda recruitment purposes or just to "F" with us. Showing videos of her getting tortured, or her being sexually abused, etc. Would the U.S. take absolutely no special steps in response to this that they would not initially do for a male soldier? And if so, what if there was significant backlash at home regarding that, would it affect the judgment of the military leaders on the ground? I don't know, I just wonder.

Lastly, lets assume that we can do all the necessary testing to find the small number of women who can meet all the physical and emotional standards/tests, and we can do all the male training to ensure the integration of the female soldiers does not affect readiness, performance, etc. If having a small number of female soldiers in the units doesn't hurt performance, but doesn't really help it or improve performance, is it really worth all the effort?

I guess I'm wondering what is the benefit of the integration if there are significant costs of doing so, and at best the resultant units aren't any better, but aren't any worse? Just a political benefit, so we can all pat ourselves on the back and say we're not sexists? Just wondering. I don't have strong feelings on this, but it seems like political considerations seem to be what's driving this, rather than actual military effectiveness.

BTW, I sympathize with female officers. I know that you'll never get to the highest echelons of the military leadership structure without combat leadership experience, so this policy likely does create a glass ceiling for the female officers. I don't want to belittle that because it's a big deal to them and it would piss me off if I were in the position. But ultimately being a soldier is not about what YOU get out of it, but it's about service to your country. And if the best thing for a female officer to do is to provide leadership in support positions, then you should do so with pride, as you're playing an important role in the entire force's success.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
what happens when she needs to change a tampon in the middle of a firefight.. or the jungle... or if shes just out of tampons and "mother nature" strikes while she is on a mission?? kinda like one of the others said... they would make a nice little trophy for the other team to "poke fun" with should they get captured... then what???

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
all in all... if they pass the test and want to fight let them fight like the rest of the men out there... as bigun said... they will get enough of this equal opportunity shit eventually..

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
1222see-that-get-back-in-kitchen.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic